Is a length contraction just a visual thing?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by absolute-space, Feb 22, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Now a couple of questions which I have no doubt you will side step or ignore....
    [1]What are your credentials to write off 21st century accepted cosmology, in favour of your own mythical fabricated story?
    [2]Have you ever been banned on any other forum?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. absolute-space Registered Member

Firstly I have not made any hypothesis, I have corrected you in you misinterpretation and lack of understanding. Again you post links which we are well aware of,

''Edwin Hubble showed that there is a connection between the distance to a remote galaxy and the redshift in the spectral lines of that galaxy.''

Yes , the above is correct and is not contested. I have not said that is not true, that is a fact that was observed. However , spectral lines of a galaxy again is point sources, you clearly do not know the difference between space and an object.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. absolute-space Registered Member

Again seeking personal information, what exactly fabricated story are you referring to? I do not believe I have told any stories. I have a pending theory in theories and I am disucsssing science in this thread, the subject is length contraction. I think you have issues my friend, you may want to try and catch some fresh air and get out for a while.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The links that I post, all reputable, maybe what you are aware of, but they all support what I'm saying, which means that I am correct, and sorry, but you are wrong.

No, light as I informed you has a duel nature, and what Hubble showed, proved to all self respecting scientists that the Universe/spacetime is expanding: Later on WMAP and S/N time frames showed that expansion to be accelerating.
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/astro/univacc.html
    You seem to accept the findings and deny the inferences, preferring to fabricate your own unsupported interpretations.
    Oh, and you have some questions to answer...are you side stepping them?

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No you are claiming some mish mash mythical hypothetical situation over accepted science, which means you are in the wrong section.
    What you believe is of no great concern, although you have the right to express yourself anyway you chose, but don't expect sensible people to take you seriously.
    And your side stepping of questions is noted.
    And no, nothing personal...If you claim to know better then experts, I need to know your credentials to gauge the credibility of that claim.
    Your refusal to answer, answers both questions.

9. absolute-space Registered Member

Listen stalker , I do not have to answer personal questions to you, you are not an authority in science , pretend to be a know it all, when by your conversation I can clearly tell you know very little. It is interesting that when you get stuck for answer , you have to rely on a link again to try to re-enforce your delusions of grandeur, then distract from the question asked several posts previously.

The dual slit experiment showed lights wave-particle duality, clearly you are deranged.

10. absolute-space Registered Member

Which mish mash hypothetical situation are you referring to?

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I've lost count. Most of what you have claimed since you started and has been showed by removal to pseudoscience.

12. absolute-space Registered Member

The other thread you mean?, which I thanked the mod for the removal , already disclaiming in the thread that I could discuss it in main when it changed content.

I have not once gone off the facts in this thread, it is you who are changing the facts.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wow!!! Take it easy.
    I speak the truth according to the scientific methodology and peer review, and that truth in essence is that you have nothing other than an ego inspired story with no basis in fact.
    I'll let it go at that, as obviously this is no good for your blood pressure. Take it easy.

14. absolute-space Registered Member

Again you lie, a false representation of your amateur status, claiming in some way you have a legit claim to represent science , you have no claim or authority to make such a claim.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. absolute-space Registered Member

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not aware of this azo character krash661, but sounds rather weird.
    Was this on another forum? If so, was he banned on that forum or any other?

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Join the club! It appears I'm also now a part of the absolute space "deranged" brigade. [Perhaps he is sitting in front of a mirror?

]

21. absolute-space Registered Member

How does length contraction have affect on parallax views, if any?

22. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Many post back, I have mentioned that muons reaching earth's surface proves space contraction and time dilation. Paddoboy's first link is to an excellent text discussing this. It is so clear and well done, that even egotistical you in your very ignorant state could follow it, if you tried.

Of course the link, itself does not prove anything - it is the well done text at the link that demonstrates both length contraction and time dilation are real as if they were not the muon would only travel a few meters thru the atmosphere before decaying, but in fact it travels thur it all, except in rare cases where it hits a nucleus or does decay.

But you are against learning what is well known and want make new theory when you don't even know the physical facts that need to be explained and fail to point to a flaw in the accepted SR theory.

You should volunteer to some universities' Psychology Departments - let them try to discover how your ego got so ridiculously big despite your deep ignorance.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    paddoboy likes this.
  23. absolute-space Registered Member

Again a false claim, the muons extended ''life'' period does not prove a space contraction. I have not really mentioned time dilation in this thread, the only thing in this thread I am questioning is the said expansion of space, Paddy , origin and others claiming it is a fact that space itself is expanding and the evidence proves this. I am stating and correcting them telling them it is not fact and space itself has never been proved to be expanding, it is a theory that it is expanding and there is no physical facts. They should not tell lies in this section by their limited knowledge. They are not scientists.