Is anybody familiar with the Babylon 5 Series

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by river, Nov 7, 2012.

1. river

If you are, what did you think of the series?

I thought it was terrific

I think it was the best science-fiction series ever produced

Thoughts

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Yes, I recall watching it and thought it was entertaining and had a pretty good scripts that kept you interested in what the characters were doing. It was OK but not the best I've seen but it is up there with some of the better ones. I recomended it to others who also enjoyed it but not as much as Star Trek or TNG. It was a very different show than those two and was going into things that weren't delt with on those other shows as well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Own it. Watched every episode.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Just looked at netFlix to see if it was available. It is but I can't add it to my instant queue. I would have to get the DVD's.

8. river

I own it as well. And watched every episode as well

What I thought was most interesting was when both the shadows and the vorlons were requested to leave.!!!

So that Humanity would continue on with its own destiny

9. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Own it - recently. Never watched it on regular tv, but liked all the Star Treks. Best ST was Deep Space 9 and this is the next step in that progression: same quality, increasing complexity. Have just started on Season 2, so i'm not coming back to this thread.

10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I used to watch it when it was on tv, really good , liked it. Long time ago though, what were their names again.. Vir, Kosh...the lizardguy..it was on at the same time as Deep space nine.

On a sidenote, how come most sience fiction series and films all depict the same type of reality? Is it because we have concluded that is the most likely future to come and those are the most likely aliens that exist or is it simply a sign of lack of imagination or a desire to conform?

11. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

I think that the writers want to let everyone know that there are other aliens living eleswhere in the universe and by showing us how many different types they can imagine only adds to their way of thinking.

Imagine a Sci Fi story without aliens in it that takes place in far away Galaxies.

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

What type of alien has not yet been portrayed in science-fiction?

That would be interesting, are there humans involved? How did they get there and how many were they? After how many generations of inbreeding do we get to meet them and are they recognisable to their own speices still living on Earth? Or is it a tale of insterstellar wandering, black holes and orbits? Galactic consciousnesses communicating with magnificent shows on cosmic levels.

13. siledre Registered Senior Member

I have a lot of favorite sci fi shows but Babylon 5 was always my favorite, I own all the episodes too.

14. river

get the dvd's its worth it , and the Babylon5 series is certainly more profound than any other sci-fi series , really

to your question , just read more or youtube for instance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC1zcixPaQA

it got me on so many books , now read with a critical mind , but this video is one of the most objective perspectives on the UFO phenomenon that I have seen , and I have seen many

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ah man.. B5 came off the air just as I was getting into my Sci-Fi craze... totally an amazing series IF you don't mind there being more substance than simply "insert episode long problem and explosive solution" - the story was a little more reaching than that, and that is what made it great!