Is consciousness to be found in quantum processes in microtubules?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Write4U, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Exactly . Even the simplest life forms exhibit memory.
    IMO, quorum sensing in bacteria and perhaps even in viruses is a form of chemical memory. Can't get much simpler that that. I'm sure, that in humans brains memory takes up an enormous amount of space and resource, and for now the GPT3 need to be "trained" in cognition of "tokens" (words and pictures) so that it can recognize an object and then refer to the internet for available data on that object or definition of that word.

But AI and robots are not biological species. Unlike humans, GPT3 has the internet cloud as part of its RAM system. That's why the GPT3 has such instant ability for compiling, integration and orchestration of data gleaned from the internet. Humans need to turn on a computer, activate a search engine, and do a lot of typing to get access to information.
    The GPT3 itself is a WiFi search engine connected to the cloud and merely needs to transmit a word or picture to have access to all that is known about that token. It learns on the fly.

You can see this in several of the interviews where the GPT3 accesses (there is a slight tick, a tell, when it is performing a search). Anyway that's my impression. Lest we forget, AI and robots are a newly evolved species, where humans are the natural selectors of desires properties and abilities.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Highlighted

Species of what ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Non-biological intelligent species.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Of What , exactly ?

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sorry , I did edit it to read "Non-biological intelligent species".

As to categories? I'm sure we will eventually have an entire catalogue of available AI species with specific functions and abilities.

Personally look forward to the day that they integrate lifelike social companion dolls with a GPT3 mind.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Can you imagine this lovely creature that knows "everything"......

9. river

Sure but does she have Soul ?

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

That remains to be seen, being that we do not have an exact definition of soul. Perhaps the GPT3 can help us in that respect. Interesting concept, no?

Have you watched some of GPT3 interviews yet? I am just astounded by the outstanding answers to some very deep questions these fledgling Intelligences can produce.

11. river

She is not Biological Write4U .

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You must be biological to have a soul? Why would you think that? How would you know that?

13. river

Probably .

Even if electronics had a soul , it is NOT the same as a biological , Life soul .

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

IMO, this is where you are missing the objective point. Whatever properties humans possess, they are all a result of natural evolutionary processes, which means that the implication potential existed before explication in reality.

And "potential" (that which may become reality) is the very definition of inherent soul, no?

There are no super-natural potentials. The statement is inherently paradoxical.

15. river

I don't understand what your saying . Try to put what your saying in a way I can understand .

Take your time .

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It seems to me that you associate a soul with living things, especially humans.
    I don't see it that way at all.

Everything in the universe is a mathematical pattern. Which makes mathematics the essence or soul of the universe.

Why is it that everything is always discussed in relation to subjective human observation and knowledge.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Dick

Does the universe need to believe in a super-natural creator?

17. river

Disagree

Every Physical Object Has a mathematical pattern . In the Periodic Table that pattern is based on the physical properties .

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

At least we have agreement on the mathematical nature of physical reality.
    I consider that a win win situation for both of us....

19. river

I knew this long ago , you were to busy fighting with me to understand .

Without consistancy there would be no Universe in the first place .

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

We were never fighting . We are having a productive conversation.
    Yours is from the human perspective, mine from a universal perspective.....

21. river

True .

Mine is from Life perspective . Which is Universal .

What is your Universal Perspective ?

22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Mathematics do not require Life or Motive. It is the logical hierarchical ordering function of "values" via specific mathematical functional processes.

Schematic depiction of a function described metaphorically as a "machine" or "black box" that for each input yields a corresponding output

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Function_(mathematics)

This Logical principle holds for all Universal processes and is the foundation of all subsequent evolutionary complexity, emerging via natural selection for survivability and durability.

23. river

But for that to matter , to exist , you need a physical presence to exist .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.