Is consciousness to be found in quantum processes in microtubules?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Write4U, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Yessssssss, it's the mathematical aspect. The universe processes information (computing) albeit unconsciously.
    It is a quasi intelligent mathematical pattern as is everything else within the universe. Living things have evolved greater and greater sophistication in information processing, until it has evolved in the ability for abstract thought, in various degrees , with humans at the top of the consciousness pyramid.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Anything that actually exists in reality , a physical object of something , non-living , will always have a computer like quality to them .

Mathematics can't build anything without the fundamental elements , the periodic table .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

There is a famous scientist who proposes that almost all physical patterns are able to process information .
    Exactly, all matter consist of three fundamental quanta. The difference is only in the patterns in which these quanta are organized.
    And then some patterns have emergent properties which are not inherent in the constituent parts. This is important!

"Wetness' is an emergent property which does not exist in individual H2O molecules. Put a bunch of H2O molecules together at a specific density pattern (liquid state) and presto "wetness" emerges as a new property above and beyond the individual property of H2O!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

To your last statement , I know .

I have asked this question of what water is , off and on for several yrs.

Fascinating molecule , water is .

Write4U likes this.
  8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

There is more water in the oceans than on land.
    Water produces some wetness, but not all wetness is due to water.

The structure of a small drop of water shows egg like properties with an interesting alignment at the surface due to charge that hints at it providing the separate environment needed for the first life.

Alex

9. river

Non-sense .

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

So you disagree that there is more water in the ocean than on land...I must bow to your supreme wisdom.

You reject "wettness" can be found by application of other fluids?

You are unaware of the unique properties of a drop of water?

Great discussion ..we must do it again sometime.

Alex

exchemist likes this.
  11. river

Anytime

12. exchemist Valued Senior Member

You have the patience of a saint.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes, yes indeed, I think I must be a saint, please nominate me for sainthood..miracles...mmm I can present so many..let me check I want to be recognised but still be humble so I need to select something powerful but not above the people...I know first one...turning flour into bread..second turning bread into toast.
    I have cut my shirt into one inch squares, mounted framed, about the best holy relic available on the net...only a few will be offered.
    Its a living.
    Alex

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Here you are one moment in another thread claiming to be a little green man who eats christians but now you are touting for sainthood???

15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Think of the money...always follow the money.
    Alex

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Ice is not wet or liquid, yet it is exactly the same molecule as in wet water. It's just the pattern in which the H2O molecules are arranged. An emergent property of a very dense collection of H2O molecules.

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Alex is on a roll. Takes some prodding, but then he is unstoppable.....

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You got that right...a bed roll.
    I can't motivate myself to attack my to-do list for the various astronomy projects and not visiting my astronomy forum cause I have been threatened with permanent banning for disruptive behaviour which is a lie...one mod appears to be a creationist and for whatever reason has taken a dislike to me.
    So here I am my only contact with the world and frankly with Jan recovering from a severe crushing and sulking with me I find I am becoming bored.
    I presume you are still in Bali.
    Alex

19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Cytoskeletal Signaling: Is Memory Encoded in Microtubule Lattices by CaMKII Phosphorylation?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3297561/

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Correct
    Suffering with a trusted assistant

Her photo is a thread somewhere in reference to abundance of toilet paper in Bali supermarkets
    Just added it to this post to save yous lot looking for it

Going a bit further back I posted about NASA toilet paper. That batch had green plastic wrap
    Current hotel has red plastic wrap
    My fundamental orifice has yet to detect any difference

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Years ago I read about the structure of a water droplet when they said molecules at the surface aligned as I recall perpendicular to the surface and the charge effectively pushed other limited matter to the center. The article did not say it but it occurred to me that the droplet had properties which were somewhat similar to an egg..I lost that link ( the curse of using a phone rather than a desk top) and, given you are well read ask if you have come across what I am talking about?
    Alex

23. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

The reception here is worse than usual I can't get this one but thanks this is more to my interest than religion.
    Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.