Is Driving A Privilege?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by darksidZz, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jun 11, 2007.
  1. Yes

76.9%
  2. No

23.1%
  1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah well ppl still drive like assholes.....like speeding down my residential street where kids are out playing on regular basis. I always keep my eyes open, you never know when a kid could jump out after a ball or something.
    PPl seem to always be in such a fuking hurry.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fishtail Registered Senior Member

If the child was not there it would not have been killed, todays motorists have
    to be ultra alert and try to predict the antics of pedestrians, sorry not even possible.
    Now if the motorist lost control of his/her car, mounted the pavement and killed a kid through his/her negligence then that is another matter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

whoa hold on, so should we keep our kids indoors just in case they ahve the nerve to cross the road now??

and for the record, when you take your driving test they say that you have to look out for pedestrians, because they are just has important has you, picture this a school is coming out at the end of the day, a young boy walks out into the road, he cant see up the street and he gets knocked over and killed, the driver should be careful, and look out for pedestrians!"!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

oooh you pissed of a mother now your fuked m8

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

No as a driver you have the responsibilty to watch out for kids......they can be unpredictable esp in a residential neighbourhood. You should be alert all the time.....like i said assholes speed down my street and my heart sinks when I know my kids are outside on their own street!!

9. fishtail Registered Senior Member

Since when have streets been designated play areas, do you know why streets were built in first place?
    you have almost given your own reason why you kid might be run over.

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i saw a young girl killed by a asshole who didnt look, this young girl was crossing the parking area and she slipped and this woman drove over her, because she was on the phone, i saw what happened sop yes she shouldve had her licence taken away and burnt

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

huh......so my kids have to be afraid to cross the street to their friends house because some idiot like you, does not feel like he has to keep an eye out and not go speeding down the road. Some kids play on their own property and run out to get a ball or something......You as a driver should keep an eye out for that. I mean its different on the highway there aren't pedestrians walking around.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

for years children have played in they're own streets my kids do it, so what would you want kids to stay in and not run around near where they live?

13. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

aaw that's terible but as i said to him he has pissed of some mothers now he can't win this argument and how sick are you saying that if the kid was not there he or she would not get run over.

14. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yes... or no... risk their deaths just to play, it's logical, but don't hold back a persons innate RIGHT to drive because something MIGHT occur. It must be a RIGHT and if they kill someone the likelyhood they'll be driving isn't to high, they'd be in jail! But anyway it's still a RIGHT not a privilege.

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Fish makes me think he has no kids?

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i was just thinking that

17. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

jesus what a jackassfishtail of course

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

he is pissing me off big time!! like shit when he comes down the street everyone look out! cause he is barrelling through anyone in his path.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

if you are in a residential area you should slow down and have respect for the people who live there, we have a right to cross the road where we live, without having a fear of some asshole speeding down the road.

20. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

he seems to think that the right of his precious car comes before the life of a child how sick is that?

21. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Yes, true. I do not dispute this comment.

I do say driving is a RIGHT until you do something which removes your freedom, but you must first do SOMETHING it cannot be removed unless an event brings it about.

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

thats bad actually!

driving is not a right its a privalige

23. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

but i still dont understand how it can be considerd as a right i mean like you get a car and if you abuse it then you should not be able to do it simple as.