Is Driving A Privilege?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by darksidZz, Jun 4, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jun 11, 2007.
  1. Yes

76.9%
  2. No

23.1%
  1. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Who else can drive with his knees and give someone both fingers?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Amendment XIV (1868)
    Section 1.
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

tHIS AMMENDMENT WAS WRITTEN FOR SLAVES... who had no rights.

in 1933... they made everyone... everyone.. an ex-slave.
    who has no rights.... and is given priviledges and benefits, and protection by the state.

get it?

stop talking about rights.

you have none.

Emergency Powers Statutes
    (Senate Report 93-549)
    In this 1973 official report, the U.S. Senate admits that the Emergency Powers given to the President under the pretense of the National Emergency of 1933 have remained in force and that the normal function of the Federal government has been suspended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93d Congress
    SENATE
    Report No. 93-549
    1st Session
    EMERGENCY POWERS STATUTES:

PROVISIONS OF FEDERAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT DELEGATING TO THE EXECUTIVE EXTRAORDINARY AUTHORITY IN TIME OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON THE TERMINATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY UNITED STATES SENATE NOVEMBER 19, 1973

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE
    WASHINGTON : 1973
    24-509 O
    SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON THE TERMINATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY

FRANK CHURCH, Idaho Co-Chairman
    PHILIP A. HART, Michigan
    CLAIBORNE PELL, Rhode Island
    ADLAI E. STEVENSON III, Illinois CHARLES McC MATHIAS, Jr., Maryland
    CLIFFORD P. CASE, New Jersey
    JAMES B. PEARSON, Kansas
    CLIFFORD P. HANSEN, Wyoming
    WILLIAM G. MILLER, Staff Director
    THOMAS A. DINE, Professional Staff

FOREWORD

Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.

These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal law. These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraordinary powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners. This vast range of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule the country without reference to normal Constitutional processes.

Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communication; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

We don't need to know the details about your sex life.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

His female is demonstrating her attachment to him by egging him on to comment of such things :shrug:

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

So my sister, who failed the driving test because she lacks the proper reflexes to drive safely, should be allowed to drive?
    We should allow anyone to drive, regardless how fast they drive, how recklessly they drive, how drunk they drive or how disabled they are - until they kill someone?
    If someone drives through a school parking lot at 100MPH, and did not happen to kill anyone, he should be allowed to drive still?
    And if he does this every day, this should be allowed (but fined, of course) until he does kill someone?
    If someone regularly drives impaired and gets caught he should be allowed to keep driving until he happens to jump a curb and kill a family?

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

He must be talking about what he does on his lunch hr at work

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Doesn't he go to lunch with Frank every day? :bugeye:

11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

12. original sine Registered Senior Member

Agh, damn. I thought the poll question was "Is Driving A Right?" to which I replied "No", but instead I advocated that it is indeed a right. Damn your polls, darksidZz!

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Department of Motor Vechiles

14. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

So a person who fails the tests (which are designed to show whether a person is capable of driving or not) should be allowed to drive until they have an accident?

15. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Makes perfect sense to me! :bugeye:

And I wonder why I started ignoring his posts?

16. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

If driving is a right, then the government needs to give me a free car and a lifetime supply of free gasoline. No one should be denied their rights simply because of a lack of money!!

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's hard to believe that this silly-assed post is still going on?!

Hundreds of thousands of people died horrible deaths while y'all were wrangling over this driving issue .....and no one noticed all of the deaths from starvation and disease. Pretty amazing, ain't it, what some people consider important.

Baron Max

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

heh ya Baron, it's true.

WIELDING A MACHETE IS MY RIGHT!

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You can't read and his polls are damned?

20. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Sure it is not and sure it can be taken away.

There you go, question answered, case closed. Next question?

P.S.: It is not up for debate...

21. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

: stares : yes, but of course I see this : looks around : then again you never know mr. original, the right man in the right place can make all the diff-erence- now u have chosen wis-el-y for-me and I value that.. damned is what we both will be-e mr. original

: cheap imitation of the spooky guy from half-life 2 :

22. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Oh wait, this is too funny. ahemm....

"The right poll in the right place can make all the difference." ~ Weird guy from Half Life 2 lmao

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

how can you regulate someones driving?