Is God omnipotent ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Plato, May 25, 1999.

1. Plato Guest

I think there is a danger of an infinite loop there, once you start to question the questioning then why not question that and again and again, at infinitum.

------------------
    we are midgets standing on the backs of giants,
    Plato

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. God didn't create a being to question him, this was the handy work of the serpent. As Adam and Eve were content with what they had, they had no need to question his being. Then came along the serpent and lured Eve into eating from the tree in the middle of the garden, which god had forbade. Hence, I see the light man.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mock Guest

God the Omnipotent created the serpent.Why ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Maybe you should try reading the scriptures, they are more weird than one would think. Your question should be why god created a serpent that walks and talks. Whoever wrote genisis had certainly had a few spliffs to be seeing reptiles walking about the place and talking to humans. Yet another case that points to the bibles influence of alien intervention. Let's face it Jehova was just some creature from beyond who enjoyed being praised as some kind of god and in return he tried to teach us morals and show us our fate if we continued on the path to destruction.

8. Emerald Registered Senior Member

Jehovah,

Do you live near one of those toxic waste disposal sites in Arkansas, by any chance? Just curious...

So far you've managed to achieve approximately the same level of clarity in your posts on this board as you did back in biblical times via your so-called prophets. I would have expected your communication skills to have improved somewhat over the last couple thousand years.

Get off the dope, man!

------------------
    An ye harm none, do what ye will.

9. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

If people admit that God is omnipotent, then they must also admit that God is a fool who knows nothing. Only when God can exists in both all knowning and not knowning states it can be omnipotent. I know both states are mutually exclusive, but it needs a paradox to make every possibility exist. However, I am afriad people won't admit that while God is all knowning, all good, and can do everything, He is also a fool, all evil and can do nothing.