Is God to blame for all the evil in the World?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by davewhite04, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

seems neither of us believe in God's attributes. Good. They are mostly lies.

How does a God being all powerful negate something in you though?

His power, unless used to somehow supress your free will, should have no effect on it at all.

Please explain your thinking.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Since we created all the Gods, I agree.

But if we were to believe the story was real we would have to see God being a really poor parent an in fact, a murderer of A & E as he locked away what would have kept them alive. The tree of life.

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Then what's the difference between a God and a highly technological life form?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

One uses science and the other a miracle working portal gun. Or is that science?

Regards
    DL

8. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

a technological life form ..big difference. They could be little more than us with a little more more knowledge and luck.

But if you substitute technological for a more advanced life form per se. Then I would say not very much.. possibly

9. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

that has no basis in anything, it was the tree of knowledge not life.

10. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

Because omni meaning one, singular. If one being has all the power there can be none for others.
    If others have power then the one doesn't have it all. So cannot be omnipotent.

It is logical

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maye God is little more than us with more knowledge.

12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

"My" God doesn't exist

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

I would say with more knowledge, but also more advanced mentally / physically (or lack of physicallity) could be a possibility

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

??

Gen 3;24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

In a sense, I agree.

In the description I found this.

"the idea of a Being possessed of infinite unchangeable power, the range of Whose activity is limited only by His sovereign Will".

Being French, I a not going to argue English, --- but from that quote, --- if that power is unchangeable and it is not exerted against us at present, then being unchanging, power will not be used to negate whatever it does not negate now, and we do know that we have power at present.

I do agree with your logic for the way you use the word, but that word, as far as I know, is not quite used the way your are using it.

I do think that that word has been miss-applied to God. The ancients just wanted him to win the God pissing contest. When we created God, the sky was the limit.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The only God fit to rule men and women is a man or a woman.
    That is how it has always been and all we have ever had.

Who but a man or woman can express the will of God?

There have always only been men and women of good hearts able to express God’s real will.

Like Jesus and his wife who preached to seek God perpetually even after finding a bit of God or Goddess within the self. We are to perpetually raise the bar of excellence for ourselves, our God.

Regards
    DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Sure he does. If you allow a bit of semantics.

Father complex
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Father complex in psychology is a complex — a group of unconscious associations, or a strong unconscious impulses — which specifically pertains to the image or archetype of the father. These impulses may be either positive (admiring and seeking out older father figures) or negative (distrusting or fearful).

This is your instincts trying to push you to be the fittest of the human breed.

If you think not, then where in you does your desire to be the fittest show itself?

That thinking goes with this link.

Regards
    DL

18. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

based on performance to date I would seriously question whether men are fit to rule each other

19. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

You are right in that there are various meanings of the term omnipotent as applied to god, but I think these have Been changed through time to fit various arguments.

The way I look at it is omnipresent doesn't mean present in quite a lot of places or some places. Omniscient doesn't mean one who knows quite a lot or is fairly knowledgeable. Therefore omnipotent can't mean having some, or quite a lot of power.

You can't have one rule for omniscient and omnipresent and then change and have a different rule for omnipotent

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree that women would do a better job. If you did not mean it that way then what are you suggesting?

We had a relatively peaceful world for 20 odd thousand years under Goddess rule, then the Bronze Age created weapons powerful enough to require fortified cities and the male Gods of War.

Men will not have that though theses days. We are still too puffed up and have forgotten our duty to humanity.

That is why men have allowed the injustice of homophobia and misogyny to remain in our systems for so long.

Regards
    DL

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

No argument my friend. You show a religious inconsistency that only fools with faith without facts will argue.

Strange how those who say their God is unknowable know so much about him.

Regards
    DL

22. wellwisher Banned Banned

Another wild card to consider is the impact of a mother on her son, and a father on his daughter. The son and daughter will be the future leaders. This can cross program the child with things not natural to itself. Not all mothers are warm and fuzzy. Some are gold diggers with cold hearts. If she was very close to her son, and he assimilates her behavior, at the expense of his father's example, the adult could have the power of a man, with the mind of a cold hearted gold digger.

On the other hand, the father can be overly strict and expects obedience and conformity. If his daughter is real close and she does not acquire enough of her mother, she may become an exacting witch who lacks compassion; evil step mother.

To continue the scenario, the son and daughter grow up and marry and have their own children. The son has his own son, and the daughter has her own daughter, with each wanting to be the main influence. The new father is not exactly a male in the image of a male (father), nor is the new mother exactly a female in the image of a female (mom). What they will pass on, by example and words, will be have cross programmed features from the opposite sex.

I like the idea of men leading the men, and women leading the women. This will slowly loosen the history of cross programming, that can lead to defective human behavior that is no longer natural for men or women. The lack of natural will create an unconscious potential that makes the behavior more exaggerated; overcompensation.

Politics has female elements to it, even though there are more male politicians. Politics is about feelings, image and make up. It involved gossip and back stabbing (mud slinging), while smiling politely. Men are more direct and blunt. A natural male system would be a better system for knowing the truth about things. Half breed men have been the historical source of problems for mankind.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Who rules on a sinking ship?

Will the queen have to do the Kings bidding or vice versa?

I think that in that case the King has the last word be it to men or women.

Do you think women should have the last word against men in such an instance.

Regards
    DL