Is it Ethical to raise everyone's IQ on this Planet to 180?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by HawkI, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

You should contact your local healthcare professional.

exchemist likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Haven't you been brave enough to try your plan on yourself, first? Do you intend to do the self-experiment at some stage?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

If this is reflected by your grammar and ability to punctuate and capitalize, it is declining fast! Stop with the book before you end up at Trump-supporter levels of intelligence!

exchemist likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

What do you hope to gain by ''raising'' everyone's IQ to 180? It's a common misconception that higher IQ equates to having a more successful life (whatever that may mean). The odds are in one's favor of course, if he/she has a higher than average IQ, of completing tasks quicker...solving problems faster, etc. However, something to note about people with very high IQ's - they typically (studies have shown) care more about the challenge that lies ahead, than the reward or destination. So, therein lies the ethical dilemma you may be wondering about...the ''why'' of raising IQ's will tell you if it's ethical or not. Your why.

If
    you're under the impression that life will somehow be better/easier/happier if you had a higher IQ, you may end up sadly disappointed.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  8. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

This is awesome! I was skeptical, at first, but on learning that the device is actually a book? I'm sold.

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

wegs and parmalee like this.
  10. Bells Staff Member

Buy nOw, and You toO shaLl Be ABle tO CapitaliSe lIke YOu hAve aN IQ oF 180!

James R and parmalee like this.
  11. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Wait a second, I think this book already exists--it's called The Art of the Deal. I've heard that that guy makes the best deals!

12. Bells Staff Member

I read mine while eating a Trump steak!

13. HawkI Registered Senior Member

This is how I should have started the Thread.

14. HawkI Registered Senior Member

No need, I can see it's already working on me. My evidence is how I've been performing majorly better at games I play a lot, than ever before.

15. HawkI Registered Senior Member

It's been a personal journey of mine to raise my IQ to 180. After all this time, I've finally discovered how to achieve this. The phrase 'Careful what you wish for' comes to mind, along with 'A deal with the Devil'. I consider how people may react to finding out their lives could have been much better than they are currently, after being exposed to this book I'm working on.

16. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

They’re = they are (contraction)
    Their = possessive
    There = adjective or noun

I’ve heard once you master that, it’s all smooth sailing from there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

DaveC426913 and HawkI like this.
  17. HawkI Registered Senior Member

There are more important things to discuss, than how they're going to react, after seeing their first typo.

sculptor and wegs like this.
  18. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Wow, it’s working already!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

DaveC426913 and HawkI like this.
  19. billvon Valued Senior Member

1) Again if you are going to tout your book that improves your grammar - wouldn't it behoove you to actually use grammar correctly?
    2) People who play a lot of games get better at them. That's not an increase in IQ. It's getting better at a game.

20. HawkI Registered Senior Member

Imagine that feeling when you realize you've been doing something inefficiently which instead you could have done efficiently each time. Raising IQ is a lot like that.

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

22. river

I Wonder how many of us have taken the IQ test ? I have . And it has nothing to do with creativity . My score , 132 .

23. river

Is it ethical to raise anyone to to an IQ score of 180 ? Not alone . It would be a dramatic change of attitude . From intellect to emotion .

HawkI likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.