Is it me or is this site in its death throes?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Bowser, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I don't want to be downer, but SciForums seems to be,well, dying. The level of participation doesn't appear very healthy.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The God Valued Senior Member

There is no full time moderation here. James R does weekly or fortnightly chaffing; only few people participate with requisite energy and seriousness.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I dont know about the quantity of posts but the quality has improved... less woo bein alowed... an improper religious posts are bein more closely monitored.!!!

Magical Realist likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Rigor Mortis, possibly...?
    Honestly, Bowser, "Dump on Trump" seems to be the current "soup du jours"!
    Lacking in Science, but chock full of the profuse ad hominems that a few Members (and Moderators) prefer to proffer in lieu of actual Honest, Earnest and Intelligent discussion.

Yazata likes this.
  8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The irony is almost palpable...

9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

...bargaining stage of grief?

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know several prominent members have either left or otherwise gone "lurker" due to the increased woo-woo and other "anti-science" that has proliferated in recent years... it became impossible for many of them to hold a decent conversation when you have certain... people... who will twist themselves into pretzels to avoid answering questions, ignore presented evidence, refuse to support their assertions, and otherwise argue dishonestly and in bad faith...

It is no small wonder, to be fair - after all, if one constrains him or her self to arguing the facts and reality, in good faith, they are severely handicapped against someone who has no problem outright lying or otherwise being dishonest... so why would they stick around and subject themselves to that?

DaveC426913 and Boris2 like this.
  11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I've been hearing this every six months since 2001. It's you.

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Youv'e identified the prollem... why not fix it wit ponts an bans.???

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

All I am at liberty to say is... there is a plan (possibly?)

Dr_Toad likes this.
  14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

It's you. I think you just don't like the direction it's going.

sideshowbob likes this.
  16. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Bowser, is your own site up and running? What's the traffic like there?
    You seem to me to be very chatty, that's a good thing on general discussion forums. So, I don't suppose you would have trouble finding somewhere else if this place dives. I think some here mistake this site with having something to do with science.

Your not just saying that to make people stick around, right? I like the ''there is a plan'', but not the ''possibly?'' part. There is also a plan to have nuclear fusion power stations one day.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I wasn't being a dick, I've just noticed a reduction in participation. If SciForums was strictly a science forum, it wouldn't have subforums that delve into ethics, religion, politics, etc. MY alternative forum is YouTube, but I've been coming here for years, possibly before you were born.

18. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I was watching tumbleweeds over the weekend. If there's a new direction, it appears to be a losing proposition. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yet you keep posting here - 9 posts since Friday! That's how forums work; people post, other people respond.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

One word- Facebook.

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

How about this plan... dont get rid of any of the forums here... just get rid of the people who wont foller the rules.!!!

You know who they are... perma-ban all 7 in one fell swoop then Sciforums will be fixed.!!!

22. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Sciforums should have a dating subforum which allows x-rated content...

Problem solved.

23. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Facebook is the devil, don't you know