Is it me or is this site in its death throes?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Bowser, Jul 17, 2017.

1. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Capitals ? That's just so mainstream. You should be more open-minded and unconventional.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Birch , it is we , us , that understands , you are not alone .

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Well the insults seem to have , calmed down .

Thank goodness .

8. birch Valued Senior Member

No, what you should have gotten out of it is that there are forces or powers beyond our control, for good or worse. but there is no practical reason to know these things such as what if the future is already in place or some things we cant change by seeing into the future. It would make us fatalistic and not even try against all obstacles or chance. The only reason i think i was shown this pertaining to my life was the fact that i was being undermined, abused and sabotaged and on a one-way hellish train that i could not get off of except death. Some people are just dealt a terrible hand and a lot of my sense of failure, low self-esteem and self-criticism was unfair and harsh toward myself for which i had no control.

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Good news is... the hand you happen to hold seems to be leadin you toward realizin that you can cut back on the self-criticism cause thers plenty of others to do that for you.!!!

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

After confessing my own fears and self-criticism on childhood experiences, and blaming my current behavior on it, a wise woman pointed out to me that that certainly controlled who I was then - but it does not have to control who I am from now on.

You already know that it isn't your fault: you know you were dealt a bad hand. So your low self-esteem is unwarranted. Right?