Is it wrong to be disgusted by homosexuals?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by francois, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

If one gives you "the eye," just look at them like they have three noses, that usually works.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

yeah, if you think that you are better than them.
    however, most arent egotistical enough to think they are superior to another, based on sexual preference.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

No, just telling him that "the eye" is wasted energy here, they get the picture quickly, and move on.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

why make somebody uncomfortable?
    be genial, and the same results of them not trying to suck on your wee wee come about.

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Should I wink? How should I be genial?

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

try explaining that you arent a homosexual. that seems to work.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What if he is?

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Butt piracy is not my cup of tea.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

im not going to get into that.

i once lived with 2 gay guys....the first night i lived there, i was giving advice and drinking scotch with one of them, and he said "You know, [my name deleted], i really wish you were gay.."

i said: "Well, [his name deleted], i think it's time for me to go to sleep. see you in the morning!"

and that was that. no embarrassment, no rudeness, no funny faces. just blunt honesty.

and it never happened again.

13. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Sorry for not responding to individual posts. I’m going to try and explain myself in further detail now. To do this, please follow me along on a thought experiment. The following hypothetical scenario is exaggerated to make a point. So don’t say, “That’s so unrealistic!” It’s just to make a point.

Let’s say in this hypothetical scenario that there is a group of people who like to flog others on the heads with 2x4s and then brutally screw their limp bodies. These people who like to do this also enjoy having it done to themselves and they do it as a back and forth kind of thing. These floggers/fuckers are a minority. For every 100 people, there is only one flogger/fucker. Everybody involved in this activity is for the most part, consenting. No problems. People should be free to do whatever they like in private, provided it doesn’t affect others directly.

However, there is a problem. Sometimes, these floggers make a mistake and end up flogging/fucking people who are not flogger/fuckers. Non-flogger/fuckers hate being flogged and fucked. They can’t stand it.

“Whoops! I didn’t realize you were a non-flogger/fucker. My bad! If I knew that, I wouldn’t have beaten you over the head with a 2x4 and brutally ravaged your corn hole.”

“Oh yeah? Don’t you think it would have been a good idea to find out and be absolutely sure that I was a flogger/fucker before hand? Yeah, that might have been a good idea. After all, there are way more non-flogger/fuckers than flogger/fuckers.”

“Uhm, well, yes, I suppose you have a point. But who knows! Maybe you are a flogger/fucker and you just never knew it!”

“You’re not getting it. Even though it may be unfathomable for you to understand that the majority of people don’t like being beaten over the head with 2x4s and then ravaged, it doesn’t give you a right to impose your activities on others. You may love it, but we hate it. We can’t stand it. And we’re the majority. You should be bending over backwards to keep this stuff hidden. You see, it’s not that we don’t have respect for you or for you activities. It’s just that we find it disgusting. You can be pretty sure that any given is going to be repulsed by it and you should be respectful of that.

“Think about it this way. Let’s say you and a large group of friends go traveling across the country in a huge tour bus and there are a good 25 of them in the bus. One of them is car-sickness prone. He can’t go very fast in moving cars or he will get sick and be really uncomfortable and miserable. However, you’re on a time limit and it’s important that you get to your destination really quick. It’s more desirable for everybody for you, the bus driver, to get to the destination quickly, which entails driving fast. It causes you some cognitive dissonance, because you care about the well-being of your friend; however, you also care about the well-beings of the majority of your friends. Taking this into account, you speed the bus up.

“However, let’s say that not only your one car-sickness prone friend gets queasy, but also now, four other guys are starting to vomit. Now you’re getting really uneasy, because your fast driving is making people uncomfortable. But you must press on. After a while, however, everybody on the bus, except you is sick. You are really pissed, because you want to keep speeding to get to your destination. However, you’re a person who respects people, so you slow down and even though it means you’re not going to get to the destination on time, everybody else is more comfortable now.

“So you see? In that scenario, you are bending over backwards to please the majority. And that’s really what you should be doing. And that’s exactly how you floggers/fuckers should act around us non-flogger/fuckers. We’re the majority. We are queasy from your fast bus driving. We understand you want to get to the destination on time. But we are the majority. We understand that you think flogging/fucking is great. But we are the majority and we think it is repulsive and it makes us sick. We think it would be great if you could respect that in the same sense that you respected the majority of your car-sick friends in the bus.”

So you see? Heterosexuals are the majority. Most of them find the thought of homosexuality repulsive/repugnant. Homosexuals should be respectful of that, and they should not forget that they are part of a minority. Just like the bus driver.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

your comparison is as crude as the floggers you used as an example.
    not applicable.

15. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

Good, if somewhat messy, analogy of the cultural dynamics - what about biological traits creating homophobia?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Does that mean that if homosexuals become the majority, you would respect their right to cornhole you, if they deemed it so?

This is some kind of weird homophobic racism.

17. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you said cornhole.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It was either that or b***f***

19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Yeh, Sam saying cornhole is pretty funny.

20. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

potayto potahto....sodoyoo, sodomy.

21. zenbabelfish autonomous hyperreal sophist Registered Senior Member

I think the problem of male rape in prison is another reason for homophobia.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was aiming for painful impact.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then female rapes should be a good reason for misandry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.