Is it wrong to have sex for fun, knowing it might possibly lead to an abortion?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Any idea why he chose to be homosexual.???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Regarding Christianity killing millions, of the items you mentioned, I would say that is at least evil.

I do allow others the freedom to destroy themselves, but I do not believe the government should make it legal for these to destroy or even kill others for any reason whatsoever, especially the innocents and weakest among us.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Only a theory, that is all I have, and I may be totally wrong!!! I may be totally wrong!!!

He grew up in a Christian home, there were three boys and two girls in our family. He was my older brother. His heart appeared to always be soft towards God, until he died.

One aspect, I have a great concern about, is my mother and her view of sex. She was imbalanced mentally in her view of sex, never explaining that it was a great gift of God. Only presenting it as being evil. Even being attracted to the opposite sex was seen as evil in her eyes. Perhaps not that uncommon, I don’t know? But that is going to set God up as attributing sin to the very thing he created in man. And that will confuse a person greatly. And can torment a person.

And second, according to him, and I do not know the details, so I will have to keep it simple... he was in the boys scouts, and at some point at a camp another boy or boys, I don’t know which, approached him and introduced him to homosexuality in some way. I do not know what they did?

Perhaps it was the combination of the two. I really wonder if my mom’s warped views set him up for whatever happened later in the Boy Scouts. But he is still responsible for his own decisions, in the same way that I am and we all are.

That is only my guess.

A few weeks before he died, he asked God to forgive and save him. That is what he decided to do at the end of his life. And he was very worried that God might not forgive him. He asked me specifically about that very thing. And I told him that God loved him and that God wanted to and would absolutely forgive him.

He died the week I was on my honeymoon with my wife. I was told in a phone call, and we went to the funeral right after we got back.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sticking your tongue in another person's mouth is a corruption of the obvious, clear design of our bodies too, but I doubt you're goin to persuade people to stop it on the basis of that flawed argument. Same with oral sex. Same with masturbation.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

At least he got to have lots of that fun homosesual sex... an also went to heaven... so i thank he came out ahead.!!!

9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

That would be a flawed argument, I agree. I am with you on that one.

As for oral sex, if you do that with multiple partners, and strangers, your chance of contracting AIDS and other diseases will automatically go up. Because of the ease with which disease can be transferred, you are kind of, in a sense, having sex with all of the other person’s sexual partners, ever.

One of my cousins has the herpes virus for the rest of her life. People are free to wreck there lives!

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Having straight up sex can expose you to AIDS too, but that's not stopping anyone from doing it.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Do you thank that oral sex is a sin if its wit you'r spouse.???

12. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I agree, people take chances, never thinking it will get them, until it does. Pretty sure they regret it after that. I hope it never happens to you!

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I don’t think it is!

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I don't do sex beyond masturbation, which is undoubtedly the safest sex there is. One might call me an asexual of the gay variety.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

SA you do know there is a strong genetic component to being gay don't you? Among twins, if one twin is gay the other twin has a 50% chance of also being gay.

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Do you thank that thers any kind of consensual sex between man an wife that is a sin.???

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I hope it dont hapen to you ether.!!!

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

OK. So since Christianity killed a lot more than homosexuality, it's not the mortality rate that bothers you.
    OK. So you oppose the free use of alcohol, tobacco, guns and cars?

19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

That might be correct. Is the jury still out on that or can we really say for sure? Because I have seen claims both in the affirmative and in opposition to this. If you have any studies I will take a look.

What is the specific gene modification that causes this?

And how dominant is it. Is it a tendency or more than that?

I look forward to your response!

20. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I don’t know everything, but I would never want to harm my wife either emotionally or physically in anything we do.

sculptor likes this.
  21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...w-gay-genes-tell-us-about-sexual-orientation/

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/10/giant-study-links-dna-variants-same-sex-behavior

http://fortune.com/2017/12/12/gay-genetics-older-brother-study/

22. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I think Christians are wicked, if they kill or murder others. I was trying to be clear on that.

I oppose the use of all of those if they are deliberately used to kill another person. If not, then no.

I guess I am just a crazy fundie, Jesus Freak, type person. Just tell yourself that over and over again until it becomes real in your mind!

23. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.