Is it wrong to have sex for fun, knowing it might possibly lead to an abortion?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I believe in God, too. Many people on here share their spiritual views, but not to evangelize. In this thread, you’re doing that. But it seems to be accepted now, along with preaching sexism.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No there isn't
    No there aren't.

There is no "irreducible complexity"!

Moreove, a lot of evolved beneficial survival traits are not ideal in design at all. Which is perfectly understandable, being that all evolutionary mutations and natural selections were not derived at by intelligent design but by stochastic mathematical functions in the first place.

Mathematical functions are not intelligent or motivated. Mathematical functions are self-ordering stochastic processes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_process

The reason why all other forms of life rests on mathematics is that all of nature is founded on quasi-intelligent self-referential mathematical structures and dynamic patterns, which are able to perform self-assembly and duplication and thereby confirm Darwinian Evolutionary Mechanics......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

p.s. the most peaceful and caring hominids are the Bonobo Chimpanzees. The reason is that they love sex and routinely partake when excited and even use sex to resolve aggressive disputes.
    Bonobos use sex to resolve conflict, for fun, and for group security and it is a good thing.......

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160317-do-bonobos-really-spend-all-their-time-having-sex

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

your words taste like ice cream

setialpha6 is a cultist
    you can tell by the way they preach instead of debate the subject.
    they have been brainwashed
    they cant debate
    only preach baby suicide vests for cheesus

Write4U likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Ok, so there should be a purely mathematical chemical process that can also create life without any intelligence involved, defeating entropy like nothing ever discovered, at least that I know of.

What is that chemical process, please?

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

The change, if it's minor, is not an issue.
    If there are many minor changes, and they are bad, and they add up to a fatal one, then the organism dies and does not reproduce. This is natural selection.
    The change, if it is major and fatal, causes the organism to die and not reproduce. This is natural selection.
    The change, if it is major and beneficial, causes the organism to reproduce better. This is also natural selection.

That's how evolution works. Simple.
    Only from creationists who feel their faith in God requires them to believe a certain way. Intelligent and impartial scientists do not question the theory of evolution; it has stood up to over 100 years of attempts to invalidate it.

I looked up this guy Bill Nugent. Here's one thing he wrote about evolution:
    ========
    The teacher stands in front of the classroom and says “You’re all descendants of apes. Humans and chimps are descended from a common apelike ancestor that lived several million years ago. Mutations to DNA, natural selection, more mutations, on and on and here you are! Oh, and by the way, there’s no spirit world. The material world is all there is and all there ever will be. When you die, the lights go out and all that you ever experienced; all of your learning and loving and thoughts and deeds will be annihilated. So you have no future! When this brief life is past, you’re done. You have no tomorrows!”
    ========
    'Nuff said.

Write4U likes this.
  9. billvon Valued Senior Member

RNA World synthesis, for one.

Write4U likes this.
  10. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I will try and refrain from evangelizing.

Why are you preaching sexism against men again?

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I don’t know what to say except that it’s just odd that this is like the fourth sexist (blatant) that I’ve run into since returning to posting, again. I don’t remember so many congregating on this site, in the past.

Bigotry and sexism doesn’t suddenly become okay because you pretend that it’s about “compassion,” or “God’s love.” I’ve seen this display in Christian circles and there was a time when I couldn’t see through it, but now I do.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

She's not. She is pointing out that you are being sexist. That is not the same as preaching.

wegs likes this.
  13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Please stop. I don’t preach sexism against men. Why do you lie?

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Abiogenesis.......

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Okay.

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

And nothing to be afraid of, nothing at all ! (Anil Seth)

17. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

So what am I missing?

How do Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Phosphorus, and Nitrogen, create life?

Each individual human cell is constructed of approximately 100,000,000,000,000 or 100 trillion atoms.

And it is estimated that the average human body is constructed with 37,200,000,000,000 or 37.2 trillion cells.

Of these there are about 200 different types of cells.

These 200 kinds are all specifically placed, individually designed, and organized in our bodies to build 79 different organs.

These 79 organs are assembled to create interdependent systems and sub-systems and are wired together like a computer only with a biological electrical system (our nervous system) and linked to our brain as a control center.

And we are made both male and female, each with different mechanical engineering design requirements needed for construction.

Beyond mankind there are an estimated 8.7 million additional species living on the Earth, each with their own individually engineered and designed, complex body plans, usually in both male and female.

And then there is all the aesthetic beauty in the design of life we see all around us.

I don’t think you have really explained this, at least so far.

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It's easy to talk the talk of a self-idealized concept of perfection. It's harder to walk the walk of a self-idealized concept of perfection. I see the concept of God as an idealized version of an imaginary super-human, a true psychological cunundrum of assigning intelligent motive to natural phenomena.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

First, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, phosphorous, nitrogen and sulfur reacted during lightning strikes to produce a racemic mixture of amino acids and DNA/RNA nucleobases. This went on for millions of years, until the earth was a soup of the stuff. Nothing there to eat them or otherwise use them. (This was proven by the series of Miller-Urey experiments.)

At this point random molecules would assemble - most short, some long. This self-assembly is easily seen in the lab. Most of them are 100% useless. Some acted as ribozymes and caused other RNA to stick to it and assemble. Most of the RNA created by this process was also useless.

Then one day a random assembly of several smaller pieces of RNA created a ~100 pair long strand of RNA. This strand had a very interesting characteristic; it would tend to assemble a copy of itself if you put it in a soup of RNA bases and amino acids. They were not very stable, and broke apart quickly - but not before creating a few copies of itself. Which would then form additional copies.

From here things grew geometrically. This RNA strand had two critical characteristics - it could inherit things (since it was a copy of the original) and it could reproduce.

(This was proven by UCSD, which created a short self-replicating strand of RNA.)

Then evolution began. A copying error produced an enzyme site that catalyzed production of a certain amino acid that the self-assembly required. This strand could thus assemble new strands more quickly, with fewer raw materials. That was retained. The ability to catalyze proteins developed. That was retained. And soon you had a fragile RNA form of life.

The next step was the formation of DNA. Turns out DNA and RNA copy each other very readily. Once a chance assembly created a complementary strand of DNA with the appropriate terminations, then new RNA life could be copied directly off the DNA. This lent a lot of stability to the protolife, because DNA is a lot more stable than RNA. Genetic changes could be retained more reliably, and the molecule "lived" longer. But it was extremely disorganized; random bits floating around that sometimes did stuff that caused a copy to happen, and sometimes just fell apart.

As soon as we had DNA to store genetic information, evolution became much more rapid. Ribosomes (protein assemblers) appeared. Lipids, byproducts of lightning synthesis, formed little floating bubbles. And when a chance formation put a DNA/RNA pair and a ribosome in the same bubble, the first cell appeared.

Magical Realist and Write4U like this.
  20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

About twenty years of intensive study of bio-chemistry and it's evolution into functional bio-organisms.
    By their causal dynamical properties. Check out "pseudo-pods" and how single celled organisms acquire motion.
    . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudopodia
    i.e. chemical sensing.
    Irrelevant, in self repeating patterns, the use of the same structures and dynamics are maximized.
    Check out microtubules.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtubule

Of which 90 % are bacterial cells and only 10% are human cells (Bonnie Bassler)
    and they are grouped by chemical values and functions (Robert Hazen)
    That simplifies the mathematics considerably, no? We're down to 79 specifically different and seperate sets of cellular chemical values and functions.
    Check out Cytoskeleton and Mitochondrion

Two mitochondria from mammalian lung tissue displaying their matrix and membranes as shown by electron microscopy.
    Hardly, the different sexual organs clearly demonstrate a common single sexual precursor
    That is proof of principle that a hospitable environment such as exists on earth can and does give rise to the most incredible diversity through evolutionary processes.
    Oh, and Nature is incapable of perfoming such feats? Ever watched a deep zoom fractal?
    Yes I have, and have been chided for it. I believe that I have provided overwhelming evidence that chemical abiogenesis is not a irreducibly complex mechanism, but an expression of the principle of "necessity and sufficiency", i.e. the conditions on earth were such that it necessitated the chemical interactions to try every possible configuration and possible patterns, where upon natural selection weeded out the less successful

Robert Hazen provides "Proof of Principle" of permissibility of abiogenetic processes which via Darwinian evolution and Natural selection lead to progressively greater sophistication of survival skills, just like kitchen viruses become immune to kitchen disinfectants and acquire "quorum sensing", a viral inter-species communication language! (Bonnie Bassler)

Darwinian evolution not only provides proof of principle of abiogenesis on earth, it also also provides proof of principle for prediction of abiogenetic life having emerged elsewhere in the universe.

If our table of Elements is anywhere near correct in identifying universal "common chemistry" we are gaining a pretty good understanding of the rest of the universe by our understanding of the chemical values and functional potentials of the earth and the solar system.

All these subjects have been discussed in this thread as being pertinent to the concept of abiogenesis.

p.s. if we want to throw numbers around. The earth, since its formation, has performed some
    2 trillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion chemical interactions of increasing complexity. (Hazen).

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Correction; inter-species communication should read intra-species communication.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SetiAlpha6:

You didn't answer the question I asked you. Why is that? Here is it again, so you have another chance to try honestly:

"Do you endorse all the reasons God gave in the Old Testament for killing people, then, or just selected ones?"

Again, you ignored the questions I asked.

But, from what I gather, you're saying that it is acceptable to kill people unnessarily, in the quest to remove evil from God's earth. Is that what you're saying? Remember: you don't have to kill those death row prisoners to make them unable to commit further crimes in the community. If you endorse killing them, you're just adding your evil act to their evil acts.

This is going to be hard for you to understand, but I don't believe in evil. That is, I don't believe in evil as a disembodied "force" in the world, or as the activity of Satan, or whatever it is that you believe in your religion. What I believe is that some people do bad things.

So, no, I don't think that your God will come down from his heaven to end evil any time soon, and I don't hope that he will. Besides, if you think he will end evil, it's valid to ask why he hasn't already done that. Is he just enjoying watching people suffer needlessly?

As for your last two questions, what do you think, really? Here's another chance for you to be honest.

God isn't deciding to force women to have their rapists' babies. That's on you. When will you stop making excuses and start doing the right thing? God won't fix your evil.

Innocents? You mean innocent people are being killed through abortion. How terrible! Where is this happening?

Your God is omnipotent, isn't he? What use has he got for rights? He can do whatever he likes, can't he? Who's going to stop him?

I'm saying that women should not be forced to bear their rapists' children, if they choose not to. Why do you want to force them to do that?

You're pretending. When you say "transfer the rights to God" you really mean "remove women's rights" or, more accurately, transfer their rights to evil men like you, to make their decisions in their place.

Why can't you be honest about what you really want? Why this handballing of the responsibility to your God, all the time. Be a man. Stand up for what you believe. Stop hiding behind your God.

You've missed vast swathes, deliberately in my estimation. You are a poor advertisement for your religion. A man with a fractured moral compass who doesn't see women as people.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SetiAlpha6:

So, the women who has been raped applies to a court and says to the judge "I'd really rather not have to bear my rapist's child."

And the court says "Well, the law is clear about this. No gray area here! The law, as decided by SetiAlpha6, says that you have no choice in the matter, and you must have the child regardless of your own wishes. We, the state, control your body, not you. Case dismissed!"

Meanwhile, round the corner from the courthouse where this is happening, another woman is paying an underworld doctor to carry out an illegal and dangerous backyard abortion, thereby endangering her own life and funding organised crime.

No, I haven't noticed that, and your point about mutations always being harmful is wrong.

If you want to discuss your misunderstanding of evolution, we can do that in a separate thread. I'm not going to be distracted by your latest attempt at avoiding the topic of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.