Is midnight today or tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by dsdsds, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

However IMO, we can posit this equation; 0 space (spatial measurement) = 0 time (temporal measurement)

OTOH, a point (spacetime coordinate) has zero dimension. "Hmmm....does it have a causal value?"

I would think; yes (it may have a potential (latent) value).
    Example: 2D triangle plane + a point = 3D tetrahedron (volume).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Yes

I believe I was zero age before I was conceived

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I agree but there had to be a permittive condition before you were conceived. I believe this is analogues to the conception and birth of the universe.

IMO before the birth of the universe there existed a timeless permittive condition. This does not imply a dimensional (spatial) existence, but an abstract latent permittive potential of a zero state nothingness.

Thus a single disturbance of this zero state might be the mathematically identified as t = -1 , but was causal to a mathematical imperative for the BB, a singular mega-quantum event (the only t = 0) and the consequent chaotic purely energetic FTL inflationary epoch, still within the purely permittive condition, until the absolute zero temperature of the permittive condition was causal to the cooling of the chaotic energy and the formation of the first bosonic field (space) and the emergence (beginning) of measurable duration of physical existence, t =1.

The subsequent formation of physical particles emerged from that spacetime field along with the emergence of a chronological sequence of duration of the Bohm's Pilot wave and of duration of individual events.

As I understand it the universe began as a small singularity, because the longest wavelengths are missing from the cosmic noise of the BB. These longer wavelengths came later as the universe continued to expand and I believe even today they are still flattening into lower frequencies as the universe expands.

This is my perspective of the basic sequence of events and the chronological properties of time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

To many big words

To many concepts

I believe in KISFSM (offshoot of KISS)

KISForSMichael

Sorry not even close

I think you think I think the Universe resolves around me

And you are correct if you think that

As far as I am concerned there was zero age before my conception (in reality more from my awareness waking up)

And there will be zero age after I die, although I won't have any way of checking

Yes I know about history from just before I was born back to theories of how it all began

But for ME all the 13 + billion years compress down to zero age because I was not present in any of them

By the way I am not so arrogant to believe my condition only applies to me

It applies to everything which
    Comes into existence
    Ages
    Goes out of existence

Everything has a chronological age while in existence but/and

only exist in NOW

Not in even 1 mini micro tiny weeny bit in the past

Not in even 1 mini micro tiny weeny bit in the future

Only NOW

8. river

Which makes no sense .

river

DaveC426913 likes this.
  9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Before your conception you were merely a bio-chemical potential, enfolded in the DNA of your mother's many eggs. Once conception took place the egg began to unfold and after a duration of gestation you were born as the explicated you.
    Right, your aging as a person stops at your death. The end of your lifetime. But you also carry the potential to become at least partly reborn, perhaps in a fern or an apple-blossom tree. The probabilistic potential exists in your bio-chemical composition to become part of another living bio-chemical organism.
    Well, some of the bio-chemicals in your body might have existed long before you were born. You have ~60% water (H2O), and Hydrogen and oxygen were two the first atoms to appear after the BB.
    As a construct you exist in the now, but you are constantly changing. There are billions of dynamical events occurring inside your construct.
    oh yes, you still have DNA from our earliest common ancestors, which we still share with our cousins, the Great Apes.
    Well, your future is coming, no? You may not exist there yet but I sincerely hope you will, for a long time.
    That's where we are now, in our present.

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Most of your words are getting shorter and a little easier to follow

Thanks

Now consider working on concepts which are still to hard to comprehend or plain wrong

I not figure out which yet

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It's true, I do tend to be a little verbose, which actually makes me vulnerable to correction, but then I learn something and makes me understand better.

12. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Calculus deals with real values that are infinitesimally small. The theory is that as the size of the value approaches zero, the calculation approaches exactness. So zero is as real as any other value.

13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

But would suggest a static universe, and it isn't. It is in constant change, which creates our relative time frames.

But then we need to answer the question why quantum takes time. If not, everything would stand still, no.

14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

How so?

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

zero movement (change) = static, IMO

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

In the interest of SC I stayed up until midnight and watched the second hand on my clock

As it (the second hand) reached midnight the minute hand clicked and joined it

End of day

As soon as minute hand joined the hour hand along with the second hand the second hand was off

Hour and minute hand waited at 12

When second hand rejoined them minute hand was off

As the result of my observation I intend to write a book, expected to be about 900 pages of which this post will be the first chapter

Last chapter will reveal

Drum roll

Midnight is the end of the day just finished

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sounds good to me. In military time it is called 24.00 hrs, not 00:00 hrs.

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No, it would not.

Again, Zeno's paradox of the arrow was solved with modern mathematics and the concept of instantaneous velocity. In short: we can describe the velocity of a flying arrow at an instant in time.

Chopping up a sequence of time into infinitesimally small increments does not cause the arrow to stop moving.

19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

From our perspective I agree. But are you sure that at Planck scale the arrow's movement is not in small but discrete increments, which appear to us to be continuous?

But I admit I am not familiar with Zeno's paradox, which I will correct presently.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Whether or not that is the case, it does not change the result. We do not live in a static universe.

The suggestion of a static universe (post 210) does not follow from doing calculations on durations approaching zero (post 209).

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

OK, have now a cursory understanding of Zeno's paradox. This was long before we knew anything about Planck scale.
    In the many philosophical and mathematical discussions, this one struck me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno's_paradoxes#Arrow_paradox
    IMO, The Tile Argument may be resolved by Causal Dynamical Triangulation (CDT)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_dynamical_triangulation

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  22. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Oh, I agree. I made no such claim. (post 210)

I'll admit it may have been a little confusing, but there is a difference in approaching zero and zero, IMO

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm confused. Post 210 says [ something ] would suggest a static universe. I see nothing in post 209 to suggest that.