Is needlessly sacrificing your child, as God did, child abuse and murder?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

As a hero of 1,000 faces, yes.
    As an esoteric guide because of scriptures, yes.

As the scapegoat that Christians immorally love, indeed.

Christian immorality should be fought constantly and good universal examples of the good in scriptures put to the public.

I try to do both.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

How long does half a God live?

A chimera body ridden by a God consciousness is hardly anything of value.

The Gods have already produced, what, six of these virgin births before Jesus was produced by his deadbeat dad?

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well... that and "ripe old age" back then was, if memory serves, somewhere around mid thirties for the "average" human... yeah, a few lived to be a few hundred to thousand (Moses, Abrahem, etc) but yeah, the average person didn't live all that long

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

If you discount the martyrdom of Jesus for having an incorporeal existence that survives bodily death, then you must equally discount all martyrs. Your only choices are to either disbelieve in any sort of incorporeal soul, or assume Jesus did make a sacrifice (the same one any martyr makes by giving their human life).

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I have many other choices I can think of.

How can you say that a God can give up his human life while forgetting that the Trinity is as always a three headed entity. Not one of the heads can die. It is always father son and holy spook.

If you accept the notion that there is a non-corporeal life, don't you think you should provide something to show how you know this to be true?

Regards
    DL

9. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Vacuous statement without detailing those choices.

If souls exist at all, then it simply follows that anyone dying is "giving up his human life" while continuing to exist as incorporeal. You are simply confusing "human death" for "nonexistence".

If you reject incorporeal existence then you are not addressing the beliefs you pretend to address. Your admitted target audience will just dismiss you as an atheist.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  10. wellwisher Banned Banned

The answer to this question has to do with the tree of knowledge of good and evil or knowledge of good and evil. In tradition, this happens to be Satan's favorite tree or mode of operation. Those who prefer the council of Satan will also turn what is morally neutral, into a moral judgement of good and evil.
    Eve was promised, by Satan, if she eats (learns) of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, she will become like God. This topic is about human subjectivity being used to take the place as God, as the final judge, based on Satan's tree.

The tree of life, like life itself, is not about human knowledge of good and evil, which is subjective, but about the needs of the bigger picture. If the lion kills the gazelle is this evil? According to Satan this might be. But according to life this is the way of life.

If we apply the subjective standard of Satan to the science of evolution, isn't evolution also evil since it often requires killing? Should science be teaching evil since evolution involves killing? The answer is, science is not in the Satan game, like politics, but tries to report things objectively and not subjectively. It is what it is and is part of a larger picture which all integrates together.

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

We were speaking of the death of Jesus/God. Why do you compare the death of ordinary humans?

Why deflect? Is Jesus suddenly an ordinary human?

P. S. If you want to stay in or have an exact debate then stop using words like if.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Why did God put Satan right beside Eve in Eden?

Is that not like putting the fox in the hen house and then being surprised when a hen goes missing?

Regards
    DL

13. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

What is the difference between one entity that survives bodily death in an incorporeal state, and another that does the exact same thing? If you dismiss one martyr for doing just that, then you must dismiss all martyrs. You have not shown one to be significantly different from the other.

Do you reject incorporeal existence?

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I cannot show how one imaginary construct to be different from another imaginary construct.

I will wait for you to show they are the same.

Do you see Jesus as just another man?

Do you accept incorporeal existence and why if not just hearsay and book say ?

Regards
    DL

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Greatest I am, do you "see" Jesus as anything other than "just another man"?

Do you "see" Jesus at all?

Does anyone "see" Jesus at all?

Do you see the Bible as fiction or non-fiction?

Greatest I am, do you see anything at all other than what you "claim to see" since your "self proclaimed Apotheosis" or "elevation to divine status : deification"? - from : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apotheosis

Can you "see" that there appears to be a "self proclaimed Deity" in existence between your chair and your keyboard?

To real people who actually have the ability to really "see" - it is "seen" as nothing more than PEBCAK, "problem exists between chair and keyboard"!

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Like Joseph Campbell, I see Jesus as just another one of the --- Hero of a 1,000 faces.

Regards
    DL

17. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

So...1 ambiguous non-answer, proffered for 6 direct questions!

P...E...B...C...A...K!

Meh!

No pretend Regards

dmoe

18. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Then you have given up any pretense that you believe any part of the Bible or have anything worthwhile to say to the Christians you supposedly address. Just an atheist in sheep's clothing (concern troll), and just another pointless GIA thread. :yawn:

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

My reply answered most. I am not surprised that you cannot dither it out.

Then again, that is not why you post. Grow up anytime now.

Regards
    DL

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Belief in a bible is idol worship of the God in whichever book that is. Idol worship of a Godinabook is evil.

There is some believable stuff in the bible but very little.

Not surprising for a book that begins with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed monster.

How much of it do you literally believe?

Regards
    DL

21. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Most of what?
    Referencing a 60-year old work by a Mythologist/Philosopher/Writer on his "Monomyth" concept, does not answer any of the questions that I asked of you!

Can "self-proclaimed deities" even be surprised? Dither?! from : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dither

Maybe you could be so kind as to explain, or "dither it out(!?)", how 1 ambiguous non-answer was in any way an answer?

So, Mr. Greatest YAN, why do I Post?

So...Greatest You Are Not, which is it? "Anytime" or "now"?

"Grow up"...if you actually really knew...Meh!...you are a "self-proclaimed deity"...you obviously...well...

No pretend regards
    dmoe

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

LOL.

Regards
    DL

23. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Meh!...pebcak!