Is oblivion between point sources possible ?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Oblivionspace, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Oblivionspace Registered Member

Human vision is limited and we can only see so far . If we traveled beyond our visual universe we do not know what is there after . As with 3d objects , as we move away from them they firstly become 2d before an eventually vanishing point .
    Now if we traveled x amount of distant away from our visual universe into ? space beyond , the event of looking back at our point sources will lead to our point sources of observation eventually vanishing , hence entering oblivion space with no direction to observe by point sources .

Do we think oblivion space sounds a reasonable speculation of possible ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Perhaps define "oblivion space"... I think of it this way ..we are at the center of as we say the observable universe which I understand to be some 95 billion light years diameter and as we travel we will always be at the center of our observable universe which presumably means the situation you envisage will not ever present.
    Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oblivionspace Registered Member

''the state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening around one.''

A comparison to being in the dark ! If we could travel beyond our visual universe to an assumed speculative multi-verse of visual universes , the space between visual universes could be viewed as oblivion space in regards to visual if the distance separating visual multiverses exceeds the threshold of human sight . Lost in space would be an applicable hypothesis in regards to this speculative scenario .
    Point sources are light emitting or light reflecting sources and as you know an objects perspective view ''shrinks'' as we move away from an object or that object moves away from us .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Why should such be the case?
    Just because you are in another spot should not render one unaware I expect.

Such is unlikely, even beyond speculation...multi-verse implies perhaps something different to what you assume is my suspicion.

As I said you will always at the center of the observable universe..if you travel to the edge you may get to where the edge was but now you have the observable universe in effect relocated with you still act the center...so it would be very difficult to ever be lost in effect...what I am saying is you will always have a reference of some 42.5 billion light years...And so the situation you envisage I do not see could be possible...And even if you can travel at the speed of light your progress is relatively so slow I doubt if you would ever feel lost.
    Alex

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Yes. We do not know what is beyond our observable universe.

I don't understand this. 3d objects never become 2d. Are you talking about what things look like to you, or something?

Is this just a fancy way of saying that if you're far away from something it is difficult to see? Why make up a pointless term like "oblivion space" to describe the obvious?

So oblivion space, as you define it, is a psychological state?

So, let me try to sum up. You're saying that being unable to see something because it's a long way away is functionally equivalent to not being able to see something because it's dark. Is that right? If that's all you're saying, I don't think you'll find many to disagree with you.

... then any speculative fantasy you might like to event could be true. It just depends on what your assumed speculative space consists of.[/QUOTE]