Is our mind quantum?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Saint, May 31, 2021.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

If the observer can influence the behavior of particles being observed, does it mean our mind is quantum?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mathman Valued Senior Member

Question is vague. What do you mean by "our mind is quantum"?

candy likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Yes but only under a short time. This is why multitasking is difficult and we only use ten percent of our mind. Photons only travel a short distance through us and our minds use sensory perceptions other than light

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

our minds should be quantum, not 0 and 1, our minds can think of many possibility.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No. I can influence the flight of a tennis ball by throwing it. That says nothing about my mind.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

exchemist likes this.
  11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

This may be the case for you...

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Oh my heart is breaking. Here you were granting me the privilege of your attention and I ruined it. Aaaauwww....

But resilient as I am, I can live with that. In fact I can do without non-constructive criticism. It lightens my burden of proof considerably.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

According to some fringe speculations, you mean.

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

That's where you placed it. I had it originally in Alternative Theories. There are literally hundreds of scientists researching that fundamental self-organizing organelle. Are they fringe speculators? Are research grants about fringe speculations? Are reviewers all fringe speculators? Unless anyone can come up with a better subject for study of data transmission and possible impact on emergent consciousness, please indulge me. I am not making the claim, I report the state of research. This has become a clear case of kill the messenger, without reading the message.

The last post was about 2021 results of research. You want a day by day update?

So, as we have established the importance MT have in Eukaryotic neural biology, the question of MT role in brain function is just another facet of current state of the art research. I just don't understand the resistance to this naturally inductive reasoning.

If there is no magic then it must be biological and the microtubule is a natural candidate due to the "hard fact" that MT process electro/chemical data and are present in the largest numbers of all single and multicellular organisms.

This has been established a long time ago. With current technology we are now able to observe at nano scales and knowledge of MT function is increasing as we speak.

I cite one number associated with microtubules in the brain ; 80 billion MT, connected by 250 trillion synapses.
    There is nothing even remotely comparable in any living thing, except perhaps a 300,000 lb whale.

And this warrants instant dismissal as fringe speculation, without offering a single alternative solution?

I am doing the work for those who may be interested, not to please some irascible critic, who has not read a single article on the subject.

Give me some leeway, please. I am not making this up. I am reporting on the science!!!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Beaconator likes this.
  15. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Not quite because I’m 90% sure I know more about anything than you do.

16. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Yes indeed the quantum world extends from our minds and into every part of the universe