Is Putin Helping Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivan Seeking, Jul 25, 2016.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sculptor Valued Senior Member

None of which specifically charge her with a crime.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

The interesting ting is:
    Trump isn't that kind of republican(if he is a republican at all).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Does it matter? He is the Republican nominee. He is the senior most Republican. It doesn't matter what kind of Republican you think The Donald is or even if you don't think he is a Republican. He is the Republican Party nominee.

The fact is there is a double standard at work here, and the fact is, The Donald's campaign manager has and has had extensive and long standing ties with Russian agents and other unsavory dictators around the globe. And the fact his Trump's campaign has taken some very pro Russian positions and is favored by the Russian government.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

A rose by any other name.....................

If it makes you happy to call Trump a republican, I shan't interfere.

It seems that many republicans would disagree with you on that label.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That's fine. But the fact remains, he is a Republican. The fact he is listed on the ballot as a Republican. The fact is he was elected as the Republican nominee by Republicans.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Other than perjury, you mean?

But it is good to hear that you would repudiate anyone who makes such claims.

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

It seems that only congress and the FBI can charge perjury before congress.
    Even though she lied to congress before tv cameras, and millions of my fellow Americans:
    It does not seem to have happened.
    And, most likely never will.

The FBI failed to find intent in the narrow confines in their previous investigation into emails.
    Now Grassley wants to make public the non-classified notes from the interviews.
    Which seems to indicate that no further action as/re perjury will be forthcoming.

Your guess as to consequences is as good as (if not better than) mine.
    Absent information, I would repudiate nothing.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Ah. So you accuse Clinton of perjury with no evidence. But if someone accuses Trump (or anyone in his campaign) of a crime - with evidence - you become outraged and demand they accept that he is innocent until proven guilty.

Sounds like the standard Republican talking point.

joepistole likes this.
  13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

See post #187.
    You will note that it was actually billvon(you) who accused Clinton of perjury.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Why do you feel you have to lie to make your point? It makes it look like you are truly desperate. And rather than argue against what I post, you have to create a new argument that you can win.

15. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Now you're just being silly.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You are being spun by the assumption that there is a "kind" of Republican - that is, a consistent set of ideologies or principles by which one can identify this or that faction of the Republican Party. No such thing exists.

Trump is a mainstream Republican politician, in all but the extreme vulgarity of his style; completely consistent - in his views, contradictions, overt racism, threats and slanders and lies and stupidities, etc - with Reagan and Limbaugh, Rove and Atwater, Palin and Cheney, and all the rest. He fits right in, except for the embarrassing blatancy with which he delivers standard Republican talking points.
    A far more important point is that one has to give testimony under oath to Congress before the question even comes up. Do you remember what happened when the topic came up of Dick Cheney giving testimony under oath before Congress regarding any of the half dozen apparent incompetencies and corruptions and public disasters with which he disgraced his office?

Abu Ghraib and the torture prison establishment was a much bigger disaster, and crime, than anything that could possibly have happened at Benghazi, or inside Clinton's email server - so was the scandal around the firing of Federal prosecuting attorneys, the WMD deceptions, and so forth. Do you recall the Congressional hearings featuring testimony under oath from the responsible administration officials?

Neither do I. We're still missing millions of emails from the Bush administration regarding various disasters, requested by Congress and never delivered (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy) - and it's as if it never happened.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  17. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

It says she's a criminal. But it is nice to be reminded why I only vote for Democrats now. No one on the right seems to have a grasp of reality any more.

18. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

I remember when there was legitimate tension between the right and left. But the right has just gone nuts. It is no use. Logic no longer applies.

I wish I had a better option than Hillary but it seems the Republicans can no longer compete. They have no one. All of the moderates have been run out of office.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

Agreed. She's far from the best choice for the democrats.
    Well, they could. Christie, for example. But it seems like republicans don't want that sort of moderation; they want headlines and tantrums and cuss words.

20. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Christie? That bastard is supporting Trump. He's just another nut!

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

Right. But beyond that, looking at his stands on the issues, he's pretty moderate. Remove Trump from the equation and he'd be a much better candidate.

22. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Well, he will never pass the litmus test now. Anyone who has supported Trump is dead to me.

Actually, I consider them to be enemies of the Constitution and enemies of decency and liberty.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Given that Trump now throws people out of his rallies if they have a Constitution on them . . . .