Is Sciforums Becoming Boring?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ScaryMonster, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Pfft.
    Who made you the boss?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh wait, I'm male, you're not.
    I'm automatically wrong, aren't I?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

I did!

I saw an opening and I took it.

Well..

Yes.

Not my fault you were born with extra bits of 'blinding light'.

:shrug:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

one word.

YES

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yup. As expected.
    Pushy Aussies...

Of course not. How could it be your fault.
    You're the boss. And a woman.

8. Bells Staff Member

You are just jealous.

Refer to above.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Right

You forget I'm the one the with light not under a bushel.

So long as you're happy in that belief.

10. Bells Staff Member

You forget that is only because you are so obsessed with your own glory.

Deliriously so.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh, not really.
    I simply try not to fly in face of public opinion, that's all.

12. Bells Staff Member

You never did toot your own horn..

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

My mum said it would make me go blind.

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Why sciforums became almost dead, threads needs hours to be replyed now

what happened?
    threads needs hours to be replyed now!
    is sciforums dying?
    OH NO! THE END IS NEAR! lol,well, I Don't Care.

but seriously, what happened

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Haven't we already done this topic?

16. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Bells.. I have just let things go for a couple of days. Mainly, because I know you're a mod, and can just perma-ban me.
    Truth is, I really don't care anymore.
    So, here we go..
    My 1st comment on this thread, was in responce to Spidergoat, (post16) who said, ( paraphrasing) Anyone interesting, will be banned.
    I stated that I must be safe then, for now.. Gee, seems, I was just saying I may not be interesting now, but perhaps later, some might find be to be so. This was one of the posts you attacked me on..

You accused me of attacking not only members of this site, But the site itself.
    I defy you to show me where this EVER happened.
    We had a new member, one Sihopopa Rejectus make a post. It was post #9.

I responded, or tried to resond to his post in post #18..
    OK, being the lowly, no-life,newby that I am, I screwed it up. I am not a computer scientist. I couldn't break the paragraphs up properly.

Please reread #9, yow will see 2 numbered statements made by this member. These were my responses to them.
    to #1, "I think the mods have been just great, even made the time to answer my questions".. Gee, I really see how I was attacking the site with that comment. To #2, "Now this I have seen, and at times, is very annoying. There are "some" members that honestly don't like "strangers" on their land. But, for the most part, most members are cordial and respectful". So, I will remain here, Until I get banned anyway.
    And placed a smiley after that. The smiley was to lighten the mood at the time.

Again I defy you to show me, where I have slammed any members, or this site! You were wrong Bells, and you know it.

But, let's continue.. Take post #14 the new member accuses the site of being aggressive, yet your reply to him was very pleasant. Actually, in your reply to his post you welcomed him.
    You CERTAINLY never welcomed me, just trashed me.

I invite you to reread post #31, your last line really cracks me up.

"Participate more in the whole forum" OK 1st off, what is the "whole forum'? I've posted in all different topics. Wouldn't that apply? Then again, when after only a couple day of being here, I am just brutally attacked by a mod, a person of authority, why would I really feel welcomed enough to do so?

OK on to post #34, Where you AGAIN accuse me of of attacking members. And, accuse me of playing the "victim". That bit really pissed me off.
    Just out and out viciousness Bells.
    I love the last bit in that post too.. "WE GIVE NEW PEOPLE A FAIR GO"
    Geez, you don't really believe that do you?? It's definitely NOT true.

OK on to #39, Where you basically called me insane. Really nice, I feel so welcomed here.

And my favorite bit, #41, where you accuse me of being a sock puppet.
    Wow... Hell, maybe I'm the Anti-Christ too. Guess I can't be though.. I'm Atheist, not sure Jesus even existed.

Basically, what I am saying here is..

You viciously attacked me, for NO good reason. Then made a VERY half assed apology. Then continued to bash me.
    Not cool. I feel that I deserve an aplogy from you.. A sincere one at that.

YOU were wrong Bells.

The newbie you were so gentle with that night, hasn't posted since. Never heard ya accuse him of being a sock puppet.

I'm close to 60 posts in less than 1 week. And I invite you to read any or all of them, and show me where I attack people or this site.

I honestly doubt you will publicly apologize to me. But you know what you did was wrong. Just think about that for a while.

I just wanted to tell you how I feel about this situation. And to be honest, I have no ill will torward you.. Shit happens.
    Peace,
    Gremmie.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Gremmie:

Ouch! Try using the big key marked "Enter" or "Return" every once in a while.

18. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

no...
    the topic that exist is about what if sciforums dies.

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i'm not going to read that! lol

20. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Sorry about that James.. Was just on a roll, and didn't realize how long it was going to be. I will edit.
    Gremmie.

21. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I didn't realize that you HAD to read it.
    After all, it wasn't directed at you. But thanks for the insulting tone.

Gremmie.

22. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Shadow1..
    I already know you're going to attack me due to my comment. Not really any doubt in my mind.

My guess is you are most likely all buddy, buddy with some, or all of the mods.
    I personally don't much like boot-lickers. But, if that's your style, go with it.

My beef was with Bells.. She seems most capable of taking care of her self.

I know James R is a moderator. Hell, I checked to see who all the moderators were, before even making a single post.

As the old saying goes... "My momma didn't raise no fools".

I know you're just dying to call me a fool anyway... Too funny.

I am just here to pass the time, and exchange views, with other members.

I am not here to insult or attack anyone.

I know what's coming next... I attacked Bells, and then Shadow. No I haven't.

Bells basically skull fu**ed me. Then Shadow decided hey, let me add a lil' something extra. I'm not here to be abused.

Nor am I here to abuse others.

OK, you don't like newbies, outsiders, or whatever you want to label me as, just ban me.

It really is as simple as that. Just don't patronize me, accuse me falsely, or take pot shots at me just because I'm new here.

How about this... Get to know me, then say what you will.. NONE of you have bothered!

Well, in truth, 1 member has... That person is by far the exception.

That said.. If I am a victim,trouble making, uneducated piece of crap, sock puppet, just ban me..

It's really so simple.

Though I can tell you, I am none of the above.

Gremmie.

23. Bells Staff Member

I take it you missed the post where I apologised for misreading your post due to the lack of the quotation tool? Here, I will quote that part for you.

As for the rest of your post. I originally apologised to you for attributing something to you that you had actually not written.

Now, as to the whole sock-puppet scenario. If you have been reading this forum for the last 3 months as you have claimed, then you would be aware that we do have issues with sock-puppets on this site. If you find that offensive, then again, my apologies. But the "anti-christ"? Could you be more hysterical? Don't you think you are taking this a bit too far? I am curious as to why you are taking it that far..

What I do not expect is to have any new member criticising this forum when they have barely been posting here long enough to have any other member get to know them as a poster.

Now, you are virtually taunting me to ban you. Thus far, I have no reason to. But I am going to give you some advice. Calm down and stop getting your knickers in such a knot.

Might I suggest you let us get to know you by posting rather then by getting to know you by seeing you judge this forum and its members and moderators first and foremost.

** Edit to address a few particular points **

Which I immediately rectified and and apologised for. And also advised you that I had corrected my post as a result. So this is kind of unnecessary, don't you think?

I need to ask, what is it with the whole obsession about you being a "newbie"?

Again, you are obsessing with your "newbie" status. And again with the expectation that you will be banned.

Shall I point you to how you addressed Shadow as an example?

Now you are sounding like a jealous child.

Had you read the post to him and the corrected post to you - you know, where I apologised for having missread your post - I offered him the same advice as I did you.

"Brutally attacked"?

BAHAHAHAHAAA!

Seriously, if I had brutally attacked you, you'd know about it.

All I asked you to do was to post and have the people here get to know you.

I have barely addressed you. I apologised for having missread your post and corrected my mistake. You're carrying on like I have chopped off your gonads and am wearing them as earrings.

Where did I call you insane? I said, and I quote fully:

"I am surprised Gremmie has not gone completely insane."​

In that after reading what we have been writing for up to 12 hours a day or more, for 3 months, I am surprised you are still sane.

Viciously attacked you?

Heh!

I have already apologised to you for my mistake with your post.

Dude.. seriously.. get a grip on yourself.

Shall I point you to how you addressed Shadow as an example?

I have already apologised to you for my mistake. If that isn't good enough for you, then tough titties basically.

Ya.

I can tell.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010