Is SciForums Getting Too Stupid?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Landau Roof, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The first part of your comment makes little sense- are you saying you want to get an education, but Billy T is telling/convincing you not to by using your textbooks (I wasn't aware he was at your house)... and nobody said you aren't allowed to get annoyed. Rather, simply put some kind of effort into being COHERENT in your posts...

As to the second... maybe.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it's as simple as go look at my posting history.
    then it's a matter of your weak comprehension skills.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

No you silly alien, you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you. In the time you took to make another snide remark, you might have provided a link to just one such post.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

what claim ? if i remember correctly, from the beginning, it is you who continues to claim i have nothing to offer. so i continue to direct you to my posting history.
    your intelligence is on par with a freshman high school student.

8. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

You claimed that in the past you posted many learned responses on this forum, but at some point you decided to just shake your head in amusement and offer nothing of value. That was days ago, so I guess you have forgotten among all your comic book reading. So show us. I am done talking to you, and if you insult me or any one else again I will be reporting your juvenile behavior.

9. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

again, go look at my posting history.
    it is you who cares what you think. not me.
    ohhh scary...
    you speak of juvenile responses, and yet you respond with " i'm telling on you " .
    it's as simple as this,
    quit insulting everybody and everything, and i'll stop insulting you.
    even tho i'm not really insulting, just pointing out reality.

10. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

...and still no link to your past glories... okay, I get it, there never was a time that you contributed any posts of value what with your two PhDs and great brain. Good bye.

11. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

this topic belongs in the cesspool.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The problem as I see it, is some of the shit listed in the OP, was posted in science, and yet it took 4 pages before someone woke up to what was obvious on page 1.
    We have numerous alternative hypothesis that is also posted in science and or astronomy.

I've got nothing against the religion or other forums, but as we also know these forums are an opportunity for any Tom, Dick and Harry....or even constant theorist, chinglu and Farsight to post any non accepted mainstream science in science, and any crazy alternative crap that constant theorist did with his light/dark nonsense that was obviously pseudo bound, although it again took a number of pages before someone woke up..

Havn't really had too much to do with Billy in my time, except in two current threads in regards to time, and in which he does seem to have an approach and reasoning not held strictly by mainstream.
    And his method at times in pushing that position did appear to be rather emotional at times, not so much where I am concerned...as I'm big enough and ugly enough to take all anyone sees fit to throw at me on the chin.
    I do understand your concern and your reason for being upset from one particular post to you which was below the belly and uncalled for.

The essence in what I'm trying to say, is that the accepted scientific view and theory on any particular issue will in most cases be supported by those that are here to ensure the scientific methodology does take pride of place.
    The only thing Billy has going for him in regards to his opinion on time, is that there is a lot still to be learned and although logic and common sense do support its existence and reality 100%, there is still a deep unknown reality to it, that gets very philosophical...something which I personally do try and avoid.

In essence, I think its pretty clear who those are that stand by science and the accepted methodology, and the theories that that same methodology are responsible for, and the over-riding fact that as scientific theories continue to align with new observations and make successful predictions, the more certain they become.
    That's not to say, that some will not be modified.....A future QGT for example, will almost certainly encompass the BB as it is, and just have the precision to extend beyond presently accepted BB theories.

So take notice of those few who go with the common sense, logical approach and the scientific method......
    Refute to the best of your ability the rather weird take others like Farsight have on cosmology.
    Like you, I'm here to learn, and certainly won't be dictated to by those with delusions of grandeur and Inflated egos that claim to rewrite 20th/21st century cosmology.
    Don't let them get away with anything.

You seem to be doing OK from where I'm sitting anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

She is the Way, the Truth, and the Life...

Alternately, it could just as well be because I stumbled across this image looking for who knows what, and after stashing it away and almost ignoring it for who knows how long, chose it almost at random from among my files when I discovered that this forum had switched hosts again since my last visit, and my old avatar was gone.

I like it, though - as it is how I would envision Babs looking if she were somehow Elric of Melniboné.

What I really mean is, it was either Babs or Dyan Cannon.

I think.

Landau Roof likes this.
  14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I thought that was Jesus...

15. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

You thought Babs was the Christ!? True they're both Hebrews and have miraculous powers and charisma, but, how many hit recordings did old JC have?

16. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, both of these figures rather resemble Barbara, at her height of her powers, I mean.

17. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I'd like to see a consensus, and not just your post.

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I didn't know Barbra Streisand was Batman.

19. Landau Roof Registered Senior Member

Don't tell. That Bruce Wayne crap is just a front. The clue is that Alfred is actually an ordained reform rabbi.

20. Bells Staff Member

Okay..

It appears as though this thread has run its course and while discussions of Streisand and Batman are titillating, the dying gasps of the thread cannot be ignored.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

And Jesus. Don't forget Jesus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.