Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

As to the book called the bible, it is blasphemy to call it the Word of God. It is a book of lies and contradictions and a history of bad times and bad men. [Thomas Paine, writing to Andrew Dean August 15, 1806]

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

---------------------------------------------------

Many intelligent men have condemned the Bible and it’s God as completely immoral. Be they from ancient days or more modern times, the morality of God has been rejected by moral men and legislators of the laws we mostly all live under. Never has biblical laws and commandments been shown desirable for most of us to live under.

Christians tend not to like to discuss the morals taught by the Bible. The fact that Christians do not promote their laws over secular law indicate that they are aware of the immoral nature of their genocidal son murdering God and the draconian laws that Christians would put in place.

Satan is said to be able to deceive the whole world with his God given power and dogma says that he has dominion over the earth. Most believers say that the bible is the word of God even though it shows God in a less than favorable light even when compared to Satan. Even Christians admit this and when they do they fall back on their standard excuse of God being able and justified in doing whatever he likes to us, moral or not, because he owns us. That is a cop out to my way of thinking.

Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.

Is the WORD of God, --- because of the fact that it shows God to be more Satanic-like than God-like, --- really the WORD of Satan and not of God?

Regards
    DL

P. S. A quick summery of how Jesus was made into the WORD by men.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFcAmx-Ro&feature=relmfu

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arauca Banned Banned

why are you so radical do you get paid by the atheist society, or you are mentally sick

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Obviously, God and Satan are two aspects of the same delusional fantasy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Neither. It's the word of man.

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

google the title of any thread he does (although this one is so cliched and hackneyed that it might grant an unclear result) for the answer to this question.

9. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Why lately is he on a youtube "kick". Seems many threads of his I bump into have a "clip" of some sort in them? Don't care much for youtubeing. And seeing his "clips".
    P.S. G.I.A. have you ever supported any religion?

10. birch Valued Senior Member

it has both ethical and unethical teachings. it's the fundamentalists that practice cognitive dissonance about it or tend to fabricate justifications out of thin air or reasons 'behind' what god does or his rationales, some of which are hilariously reaching and pathetic to justify it. people like that are dangerous if they get too much power because either they will defend anything because they can't think, too lazy to or they are thinking but abuse fooling others to control.

11. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mr. Greatest I am has previously claimed that at approximately the age of 29, he experienced a 5 or 6 second long "apotheosis", at which time he attained ascension to some sort of "godlike" status. He seems to have nothing but disdain for all us "merely insignificant little mortal beings" now.
    Lately though, he seems to have taken an even greater dislike for any and all mythical/imaginary/fictional/religious deities he perceives that we "merely insignificant little mortal beings", have mistakenly placed above him in someway.

Heck, I remember when most people just referred to the feeling they got from their first good hit of chronic out of a decent bong as a "head rush"!

12. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I doubt it. Atheists find him as annoying as you do.

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

he's not an atheist.

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Moral questions are beyond those of faith.

They cannot dither things out and have to look in their book for answers to simple questions.

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It is convenient for him to think and promote that notion.

That way he does not have to compare the morals of his God against the morals of mine.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree.

Regards
    DL

17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Absolutely.

Moral men or immoral men?

Regards
    DL

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. I was born R. C. and did put a bit in their coffers but overall, I gained more than I gave.

I owed them something and they are the first that I tried to correct as my payback to them.
    Unfortunately, R C is one of the intolerant branches of the Abrahamic cults.

Regards
    DL

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You see 20/20.

Regards
    DL

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

For sure.

He is a spiritual man who actually thinks and speaks truth about Christianity.

Regards
    DL

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You're doing what you always do, applying your own logic to Christian theology and using it to draw conclusions about the Christian God. It's a useless exercise. Christians use their own logic.

For example, you can't use incidents from the Bible to show that God is not God-like because God is defined as God-like. You're comparing your own definition of "God-like" to your own definition of "Satan-like". You might as well make up your own Bible too.

23. birch Valued Senior Member

they sure do. but what 'logic' is that? i've never witnessed them use 'logic' except god says so. is it god logic?

lol