Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Aug 20, 2013.

1. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mr. Greatest I Am, :

1. - You state an answer, but fail to clarify what it is an answer for.

2. - I seem at a loss as to what exactly is the meaning of : "...is foe you ta look at definitions...".

3. - What definitions am I supposed to "look at in Webster".

4. - Who or where or what is this "Webster" of which you speak?

5. - Are the definitions of "foe" and "ta" what I should "look at", or they what you are not planning on re-writing?

6. -Again, I always try to do my best to answer any questions that are asked of me. However, it SEEMS, to me, that you do not SEEM to try to answer questions I ask of you, Mr. Greatest I Am, I repeat, it SEEMS to me that you do not SEEM to.
    I ASK, is that your idea of the definition of RECIPROCITY, I repeat, ASK?

7. - Is this...!?game?!...!?playing?!...!?whatever?!...you deem to call it, that you, Mr. Greatest I Am, SEEM, to me, dmoe, is/are practicing, engaging in, trying to pass off as true discourse, going to continue as you, SEEM, to me, dmoe, insist on - or, will you, Mr. Greatest I Am, at some future time, actually truly ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS POSED TO Mr. Greatest I Am ?!!

8. - If you do not "plan on re-writing the English language", Mr. Greatest I Am, may I be allowed to inquire just exactly what are your plans with these Posts and how they relate to me, dmoe, in any way?

9. - I may have asked you this before (probably did not receive an answer) but do you, MR. Greatest I Am, actually think prior to speaking, writing or posting, and/or read/re-read your Posts prior to "clicking" on the "Post Quick Reply" button?

10. - I will, in all honesty, probably NOT be anxiously antici....................................................whew!...........................................................pating a full and courteous response or reply to my questions/observations/viewpoints from Mr. Greatest I Am.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I expect that that's what GIA would argue. However, the death of Jesus Christ is not "human sacrifice" except in the most egregious semantic-manipulating sense. We also commend soldiers who sacrifice their lives on the battlefield but we don't call it "human sacrifice".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

We no longer stone fornicators and gays, where secularism has taken over and we no longer say that men deserve to rule over women just because they are men.

So I would say we have improved some.

I do agree thought that our human nature has not changed.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Just to update you a bit.

http://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_bales_how_to_combat_modern_slavery.html

Regards
    DL

8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I know what I know and I never said that others did not unless you have something in mind.

You seem to be putting a lot in my mouth that I have not said.
    Tighten up. You would not want us to think that you are a liar.

What do you find ignorant about my beliefs?

They are benign and I do not push them on others.

Regards
    DL

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I hear that a lot from fools.

If Christians do not believe in human sacrifice then how is it that they are all lined up to ride their human sacrifice scapegoat Jesus into heaven?

If that is not embracing human sacrifice and trying to profit from it, what is it?

This I gotta hear.

Regards
    DL

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. When they die fighting an enemy or saving their friends from enemy fire.

In this case, if we follow that analogy, the C O threw the grenade and then ordered his son to lay on it.

That is the sign of an insane God.

Regards
    DL

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Human sacrifice means humans killing other humans to appease ther gods. Jesus sacrificed himself and Christians admire him for that. The people who killed him weren't even Christians.

You really should learn the basic terminology before you make such ridiculous claims.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

"I have Gnosis or knowledge. Faith without facts is for fools."

Not too worried about what you think.

"The fact that Christians do not promote their laws over secular law indicate that they are aware of the immoral nature of their genocidal son murdering God and the draconian laws that Christians would put in place."
    "Christians believe that human sacrifice is a moral thing to do so I would question their morals and other opinions to see if they are as wrong and immoral as that one."
    "Way too dumb for me. We re done here."

Keep pushing.

13. gmilam Valued Senior Member

You should really learn the tradition of the Passover Lamb before you dismiss the idea. (Ever heard the phrase "Lamb of God"?)

14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Are you serious? You think using the metaphor of a sacrificial lamb means Christians believe in human sacrifice?

You could argue that Christians believe that the sacrifice of one man was beneficial but that's a far cry from saying that they "believe in human sacrifice". Have you ever heard a Christian say that Christians "believe in human sacrifice"?

15. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I didn;t say that modern Christians literally believe in human sacrifice. No, this is just another example of modern Christians not understanding their own mythology. The Christian religion was originally a Jewish cult. These rituals were very important to them. The "fact" that the crucifixion coincided with Passover was crucial to the entire symbology.

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Sacrificing yourself to yourself is hardly a sacrifice except to the insane.

Regards
    DL

17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It's bad enough to feed the troll. Don't eat with him too.

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You meant all of my beliefs and not just my religious beliefs. You should have said so. That is what I spoke to.

So which of my beliefs is offensive and why?

Regards
    DL

19. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I have GIA on ignore... Have for ages. This is what my own study has shown me.

Don't get me started on the ritualistic/symbolic cannibalism associated with the Last Supper.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Grok on! :cheers:

20. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I doubt that you're qualified to assess anybody's sanity.

Yes, sacrificing yourself to yorself is nonsensical but that's no excuse for you to make equally nonsensical statements. If you want to point out the flaws in somebody else's religion, it's more effective if you make sense yourself.

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

What is this if not embracing barbaric human blood sacrifice.

[video=youtube;YoHP-f-_F9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U[/video]

Regards
    DL

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Thanks for agreeing that there was no sacrifice.

Regards
    DL

23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I expect GIA has a topic on that. If not, he will have.