Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It's irrelevant whether or not there was a sacrifice. The point is that Christians believe there was a sacrifice. All beliefs are illogical, including yours, which you demonstrate with every post.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes, they believe it and are eager to profit from that human sacrifice and the notion that it they should profit from the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

Rather sick of Christians but there it is.

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

I will sacrifice for my children so they will have a better life . Is that illogical ? that means in small content I am helping to perpetuate life on this planet.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Christians "profit" from Jesus self sacrifice. It's the same as you "profiting" from a solder's self-sacrifice when he gives up his life to preserve your freedom. Calling that "sick" is sick.

8. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

If you give up your life to "save" your children, your children may starve because they have nobody to take care of them. The mathematics of perpetuating life is far from logical.

9. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mr. GIA, should other people be led to believe that all Gnostics fail to think before they speak or Post and also fail to be able to read or edit those Posts?

Should other people be led to believe "...the notion that it they should profit from the..." Postings of seemingly, "pretend" Gnostics?

Rather sick of "pretend" Gnostics but there it is.

No "pretend" Regards
    dmoe

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree. It would be. I have not done so.

Note that the soldiers enemy is who is trying to kill.

In the case of Jesus, the enemy is God.

Get your scenarios equal if you are going to try to use them.

You look like you are trying to pull a fast one on us. Tsk, tsk.

Regards
    DL

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

In the case of Jesus, according to Christians, the enemy is us. Jesus is God; he is not his own enemy.

Jesus sacrificed himself for Christians. The soldier sacrifices himself for us. If one is not "human sacrifice", neither is the other.

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Dogma says Jesus came to save man. Man did not condemn himself. God condemned him.

Jesus was therefore saving us from himself.

Regards
    DL

13. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

And our justice system can save us from itself through probation, parole, pardons, etc. That doesn't make it "human sacrfice".

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I did not say it did.

At least you did not try to refute my statement and just tried to deflect.

Regards
    DL

15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

What was stated above and the statement from Post #87 : "You look like you are trying to pull a fast one on us. Tsk, tsk.", would seem to indicate, or make it "look like", that doing either of those things are worse than, the practicing of, and or, the perfecting of, ignorance, according to the Gnostic Gospels.
    However, having read some of the Gnostic Gospels, in the past and reviewing them recently, to me it seems, or "looks like", the Gnostic Gospels do not try to teach or infer that level of the "embracing of ignorance".
    It seems to me, or "looks like", Gnosticism, just like any of the other "my religion is better than yours" type of belief or knowledge, can be claimed by "pretenders".
    Pretenders can sometimes excel at "talking the talk", but rarely, if ever, truly succeed or let alone, excel, in "walking the walk".

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You said that "Jesus was therefore saving us from himself" and I pointed out that our justice system does the same thing. How is that a deflection?

There is nothing unusual in Jesus saving us from himself because that's how justice systems work. There is nothing unusual in Jesus sacrificing himself; it happens all the time in our society and it isn't "human sacrifice".

17. Saint Valued Senior Member

Bible is just the product of human's intelectual.

18. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...and it then ensued that somewhere out there in "VIRTUAL LA-LA LAND" a "TRUE PHILOSOPHER" was heard to exclaim..."HERESY!"..."BLASPHEMY!!"..."I'M DONE WITH HIM!!!"...

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

We crucify people. News to me.
    So is the fact that you indicate of the justice system sacrificing itself.

Regards
    DL

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree it is from humans. Intellectuals, I am not so sure.

Do you think it is a moral book showing a moral God?

Regards
    DL

21. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Quote from Mr.GIA's Post #29 : "Sure but were they moral people?"

68 Posts later, MR. GIA circles back to the same basic non-pertinent question that he will fail to provide any answers to.

Apotheosis...ahem...how about...a pathetic...

22. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Well, depending on how you view it...the Bible has been controlling a number of people for centuries.
    Me thinks the clergy of the early church, who ''wrote'' the Bible, were dumb...
    Like foxes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Saint Valued Senior Member

The OT mainly is about the Jew's history.
    I treat Bible as literature.