Is the essence of Buddhist philosophy meaning the Escape From Nature?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by duendy, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Don't worry, duendy boy, I sell nothing and I couldn't care less about the state of your mind and what you think or don't think about me.

Just having a good time, that's all.

Cheers!

p.s. Not everlasting, eternal, there's a difference. Buddhism does not speak of an everlasting bliss, but about the eternal quality of the moment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

i like that better. tough this will mean terror. terror must be included. for it is awesome too....dont mean terrorism mind

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Of course, terror, death, malice, it's all a part of the sublime dance of Kali.
    Those all are aspects of this universe and aspects of yourself as a part of this universe.
    In buddhism you become what you feared and what you desired.
    If one is prepared to dissolve into nothingness and has no problems with that, sister Death is welcomed as an old friend.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Travelling It's a girl O lord in a flatbed Ford Registered Senior Member

"The definition of a wealthy man is one who knows he has enough"

Tao te ching - Lao Tze

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

not escape from nature, to connect with nature (look deeper into its philosophies) not like the daoist beliefs, but to actually rise above nature onto a higher plain, but simultaniously stay intune with it but detatch the mind.

9. genep Guest

forget about all the BS teachings religions and society need to keep their Buddha happy and focus on the thoughtless-silence of meditation that will sooner or later make you realize that YOU ARE THE BUDDHA.

10. genep Guest

The definition of a wealthy man has nothing to do with what he has.

The definition of real wealth is the person who is content and complete with what he IS and not with what he has ... be it enough or not.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

look deeper into the quote and you will find it includes what you just said there,

you are what you have,

peace

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

You are your caries.
    You are your wife.
    You are your house.
    You are your pants.
    You are your katana.
    You are your gangrene.

13. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

You are what you want to be.

14. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

and often what you dont want to be.

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

How come?
    How is it possible that one often is not what one wants to be?

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

say your sad yu may say to yourself 'i mustn't be sad'...so ten your in a contradiction of --i Am sad: i must't be sad.....same with other emotions and feelings.......tyhe brain educatedly reinforced in left-brain abstractionism tortures itself trying to be what its not ......what should be instead of what is

so........does this mean, next time i am sad i MUSTN@T have the thought i mustn't be sad?

no. tht tought is part of the process, maybe. it's just when it starts BULLYING and takin over so much so it stops tears and letting out breath!

17. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I think this is just the problem of
    1. identification -- the problem of "Which thoughts (or states) do you identify with?"
    and
    2. agenda over reality.

With clarity of mind, both can be done away with.

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

this is where we dis-agree. for the Buddhist way as usually put foreward is to
    transcend bodily emotion....to sublimate into states of 'bliss' etc. but i am saying that emotional expression is VERy important. it makes us human.
    for me Buddhism tat argues for transcending pain is of a similar mindset to bio-psychiatry which also commnicates a social shame to actuall feel things in a raw deep way and thus recommends or coereces drugging feeling away
    i, on te other hand want to encourage emotions and feelings, because they are more in tune with bodily awaress. are bodily awareness

19. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

but you are saying that you are something you dont want to be.
    you say i need something to be something else.
    you say i need clarity of mind to be free from problems 1 & 2

how come? well, i geuss because we are not perfect. we are work in progress and if there is life, a healthy life, there will be growth towards a better state of existence, a more satisfactory state, which is that little bit more perfect.

potential to change is potential to be something else. life desires its most satisfactory state of existence and so the possibility of being something that one does not want to be is born (often).

20. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry. I don't see how this relates to what I said.

21. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Ellion,

*If* I had the problem of identification, then I'd say "I am something I don't want to be".

Yes.

22. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

I think while Buddha believed in 'escaping' from society to integrate with the nature. That is what he practised.

But he realised that humans will live in societies and be governs by it, so he showed them how to live in the society peacefully, while still being in touch with nature.