Is the Universal expansion caused by ''heat''?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Dylan, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry sir, I am trying to get a bit of an education. I was not the one who brought up energy. I am trying to understand my first subject before I try a new subject.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Then why did you contradict Origin when he said that energy was NOT a substance?

He gave energy as an example of something that is not a substance but is nonetheless not nothing. And you took it upon yourself, for some reason, to contradict him. Why?

It does not seem to be the action of someone who is open to learning about science.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry sir I did not read that properly and thought he said energy was a substance meaning like electricity.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Excellent! So you now agree, I hope, that energy is not a substance but is not nothing either, yes?

8. Dylan Banned Banned

Please kind sir, I thought energy was electricity. I do agree kind sir that energy is something. I am not sure though how you are relating energy of being anything like space?

9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

It was Origin's example, not mine. However the point being made, I presume, is that in science one comes across physical concepts that are not substances and yet have existence, according to certain well-established theories.

Fields, of various sorts, would be another type of example.

So, my esteemed friend, you are not really in a position - given your avowed lack of scientific knowledge - to dismiss the concept of the metric of space being stretched, merely because space is not a substance.

I might paraphrase you some Hamlet: "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Dylan, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

10. Dylan Banned Banned

Please kind sir, I have not dismissed anything. I have asked a question about the expansion which is not being answered. I can not move forward kind sir without an answer . What of the space itself is expanding? Nobody seems to be giving me the answer kind sir. If you do not know the answer kind sir then I can only assume that the space itself stretching is a bit far fetched without the proof of space being something more than just space.

Please kind sir , what is space expanding into ?

11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I have already told you that you won't understand until you have learned some relativity. So run along now, there's a good chap, and do that.

I will leave you with another quotation, this time from "Alice in Wonderland":
    "I have answered three questions and that is enough.
    Young man, do not give yourself airs.
    Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
    Be off, or I'll kick you downstairs!"

12. Dylan Banned Banned

Thank you kind sir, I will go and look up some more about this relativity you mention. Please kind sir, could you please give me a link to likewise particles that were mentioned earlier? My google search draws a blank.

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

That is a good one , let them keep waving hands

15. Dylan Banned Banned

Please kind sir, I have not had an answer

1)What is space made of that stretches?

2)What is space expanding into?

16. Dylan Banned Banned

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Right now this is beyond your ability to understand. You should try and learn some of the basic of science and then we can talk.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Right now this is beyond your ability to understand. You should try and learn some of the basic of science and then we can talk.

19. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry kind sir, I do not think it is difficult to understand what you have all explained to me. With great respect sir I have only two unanswered questions. I understand you are saying planets are attached to space and as space expands so does the planets distance apart.

20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You have demonstrated multiple time that this is not an accurate assessment of your knowledge level. Learn the basics first, good luck!

21. Dylan Banned Banned

I am sorry sir, I have not demonstrated anything, I have asked several questions. I have not assumed anything or speculated about things I do not know. Please sir my questions are not being answered.

22. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry my fine fellow but it is pointless to answer your questions if you cannot comprehend the answers.

23. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Is gobby back already?