Is there life after death?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Ryndanangnysen, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Four stanzas (of 90) from The Rubayyat of Omar Khayyam* - Edward FitzGerald's 1859 translation (one of at least three)

Strange, is it not? that of the myriads who
    Before us pass'd the door of Darkness through
    Not one returns to tell us of the Road,
    Which to discover we must travel too.

And, as the Cock crew, those who stood before
    The Tavern shouted -- "Open then the Door!
    You know how little while we have to stay,
    And, once departed, may return no more."

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

'Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights and Days
    Where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays:
    Hither and thither moves, and mates, and slays,
    And one by one back in the Closet lays.

* Omar Khayyám; born May 18, 1048, Nishapur, Iran was a Persian mathematician, astronomer, philosopher, and poet. He also wrote treatises on mechanics, geography, mineralogy, music, and Islamic theology.

All posting here are midgets, treading in the fading footsteps of Giants who went before.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

And don’t forget about Abul ʿAla Al-Maʿarri (973-1057).

"I do not say that Omar was a plagiarist, but I say this: Just as Voltaire, for instance, acquired most of his liberal and skeptical views from Hobbes, Locke, and Bayle, so did Omar acquire his from Abul ʿAla Al-Maʿarri."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

His statue was beheaded in 2013.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Emmana Registered Member

Hello Sarkus
    As I understand it the spirit/personality continues to exist after cessation of physical existence. After all death is merely an end to the physical vehicle of this 3rd dimension. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed and everything is energy including us.
    Each "soul expression" (erroneously thought to be "past" lives) of the "Main Soul" continue on in its particular dimension. It is pretty cool actually. There are myriad dimension between the extremes of what certain religions refer to as heaven and hell.

When we die we go to the dimension that matches our vibration at the point of death. This is how it really works. It is very simple. Die at a higher vibration - go to a higher dimension. Die at a lower vibration - go to a lower vibration. There is no deity judging us, no deity punishing or rewarding us. It is entirely up to the individual.

For instance, a person who is an atheist and lived life in a state of aware higher consciousness without prejudice or intolerance toward others will automatically go to a higher dimension inhabited by those of same vibration.
    (Yes, an "atheist" can reach enlightenment).

Another example:
    A self-professed "good Christian" who was generous with time and money but hated and judged others according to religious beliefs will, at the point of death , go to a matching vibrational level and that dimension will be much denser, lower than the one the atheist inhabits.

I know for certain we continue after death for I am the one each family member visits after they die. Some to say goodbye, most to request help because they are lost and/or afraid. I enjoy assisting them to prepare them to cross over successfully. I could not speak of these things with them in life for they would not believe me but post- death they knew who to go to for guidance and encouragement. I enjoy providing this service.

My mother in law came to me too though we do not share DNA. She required 9 months of healing (in a sort of spiritual "holding " cell) before being able to fully cross over due to Alzheimer's. Those who are mindless when they die through mental disease, drugs and/or alcohol are unable to fully cross over so they are trapped as human earthbound spirits.
    This often happens to children and to those who die violently. Sudden death is very confusing too.

One last fact:
    No one is IRREDEEMABLE. Spiritual evolution potential exists in all dimensions - even the lowest ones.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

This thread was pretty much dead, Emma. The OP was banned for being a troll I think.

Btw this is a science forum, so prepare yourself for some serious questioning on your whole calling souls, the afterlife, etc, fact.

It's anything but a fact imo.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You have not presented any facts, all you have presented are beliefs. It is fine to have beliefs, but don't confuse them with facts.

It is a fact that you have these beliefs, but the beliefs themselves are not facts.

9. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

All my thoughts & memories are due to the functioning of my brain. When I die, my brain ceases to be functional.

Without that brain, life after death seems meaningless. Even if there is a soul, it cannot include an ability to retain my memories or thought processes. When I die, there will be none of the memories or thought processes which existed while I was alive. Ergo, I will have no knowledge of a continued existence.

10. birch Valued Senior Member

reincarnation may be possible. he was born on the same day that the other man died.

i would never want to come back here again. once is enough. my god.

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

May I humbly suggest you have a conversation with a person who understands exactly what energy is

Try putting to that point of view to them and see what response you receive

The rest of the post is so far outside my comprehension I can't even see the back of it

If you bring it back a little into the spotlight and provide perhaps some confirmation links or proof of your pronouncements it possibly would help my understanding of your post

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    DaveC426913 likes this.
  12. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Houdini often exposed mediums who claimed to be able to put people in communication with folks who had died.

He gave information with his wife or perhaps a friend & promised to communicate after death. No medium was able to supply the information.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Someone posted, not sure if this forum or not - if there is life after death - what is the point of death? OR what is the point of life before death?

Valid points I would say

Truck Captain Stumpy likes this.
  14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Was to late to edit when I had this thought bubble

Those who believe in life after death

Do they also believe in life before birth?

If they are willing to extend life after death are they also willing to extend life before birth?

Why would the extension of life be restricted to one end of a person's period we call their lifetime

Can those who collect a person's death benefit be sued for fraud because the dead person has a afterlife????

So many thought bubbles so little time to post them

15. birch Valued Senior Member

i had a dream once (not a prophetic one) when i was homeless and at the worst emotional point where i saw a part of me as a child leaving walking toward a light in the distance. i knew that meant it was too much for it (situation), that part of my inner child. i'm glad it did as i did not want it to suffer anymore. i even feel like that i asked for it to as it didn't demand to leave or go elsewhere. it was so sweet.

i didn't physically die yet but it indicated to me that there is more or that is what it was trying to convey to me. kind of like a picture is worth a thousand words type of message.

16. nebel

sign in Florida : Is there life after death? try to rob this house. or look like you would, and find out. signed zimmermann.

17. river

Get it

But shoot the wrong person , and find out .

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Over here if you shot a trespasser you would be charged with murder if you killed him and maybe if you were lucky only get a conviction for manslaughter.

Alex

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Fear for your life and self defence would get you off I think

You might have to put a large knife in the intruders hand, make sure you know if he is right or left handed

You might also use a double barreled firearm. If he is badly wounded or dead after your first shot you might consider making another first shot into the ceiling as the first warning shot

Disclaimer :- Don't try

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes I think you have something there as a defence but you probably would get charged unless it was clear on the face of it.

The best thing you can say when questioned or arrested is " I did not mean to kill him".
    And if you stick to that the prosecution really have a hard job and knowing they must prove intent and that wont be easy may let you off with a stern warning...no you would still get some charge maybe discharging a fire arm in the city, making too much noise.
    Anyways why would you want to hurt some poor devil who has fallen thru the system and needs to steal.
    Alex

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Lesser of many bad chooses for you

Ignore the break-ins until your level with him

Make house a fort which has you thinking all the time is it enough?

Give him a lesson he does not want repeated. Which MIGHT get passed on by word of mouth but if not means other narsties might consider you a target

Also just because you taught him a lesson to him not to mess with you does not mean he won't mess with others

You might have transferred your problem with him to others

Sorry can't do anything about that

22. river

Sometimes a good Man or Women can make all the difference

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Over here in places like Florida they have made it very easy to legally commit murder.

Example:
    I could walk up to someone I don't like and call them some vile name, which is not nice but not illegal.
    So they get mad and punch me.
    Since Florida is a 'stand your ground' state I can now pull out my concealed gun and shoot them to 'protect' myself from further bodily harm.

It is unreal how screwed up the gun laws over here.