Is tv harmful for children and families?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Lilicia, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

You're right. Most people (including parents) just go with the flow of things. Especially as regards heterosexualisation, they would be thankful to T.V. for that!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

We live totally in vaginaland as of now. If I have a say, I'll make a 'natural land'.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, where people are promoted to be true to their natural selves. And I'll keep a special space for jewelleries.

On a serious note though, it is possible to change media --- if people would raise their voice against it. Activism is an important aspect of a democracy. But we fail to oppose the most powerful institutions of media and science.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Kitkast is a ten-minute weekly videoblog covering the world of sex. Each episode, hosted by a lingerie-clad (non-nude) hostess Ms. Kitka, features news and reviews presented in a sarcastic but humorous vein and interviews with a wide-range of people. Previous guests have included a College sex educator, an erotic dance instructor, a fantasy hypnotist, the owner of an online live chat network and a few adult stars. Upcoming episodes will feature burlesque dancers, sex columnists, pro-sex politicians and organizations.

8. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

You want me to do that!!!

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

No, I'd prefer if you'd do something. I've seen this countless of times - people whining how everything is against them and everything is bad because everything doesn't happen like they would want,
    and when you suggest them to take some particular action, they just continue on whining and on how weak they are. Pathetic.

And as you see in that video - that girl actually does something, while you sit here and moan.

10. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

People like THIS?

11. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Or people like THIS?

This is the actual homosexual agenda, as my friend Betty just informed me. Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Oh, notice what happens at 3:33. Magic!

12. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

I don't know if I should respond to that stupid remark.

But really, lately I'm off 'intellectually' and would rather do lighter, even stupid stuff.

1. I'm not moaning about me. There is nothing that this forum can do that will affect my life, either directly or indirectly. And if children grow one way or the other, I'm not going to be personally benefitted!

So stop making it my personal issue. Unlike you, I am not here to discuss my personal views or concerns. I am concerned about larger issues --- much larger than what your limited viewpoint can comprehend.

2. When I research and bring something on table, I have already done my bit. I cannot be expected to do everything. My job is to raise the issue, expose it in its depth. And I'll leave it to others to take it from there. Unless, I get an opportunity to do something --- then I'll not let it go! But still I can't be expected to do everything.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'd second ask my limited viewpoint, little thing, but by sitting on your ass you're doing nothing.
    And if one has no will to sacriface oneself for generations to come, then anything he does is tiny, even the thoughts are tiny.
    See? Whining again. Disgusting.
    And as I leave this thread for your personal pleasure let me just say that the thing that limits you most is yourself.

Meanwhile I'll go and watch the new episode of Kitkast

14. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I DO know that you should be reading that link about the gay agenda. All of you should. A real eye-opener.

15. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

I'm not too fond of the homosexual movement. They are just an integral part of heterosexuality. And they are based on the same lies that heterosexuality thrives on.

In fact most of the misleading theories about 'gay' being biological have been made by the gay agenda --- in order to strengthen their political power.

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

haha...you make me larrf. heres you ..mr nearly 11,000posts to this forum under yer belt tellin others not to sit on their fat arse? well youre dahlin must be the size of an house as you seem to live here, and not sleep

but having said that. look, using forums is NOT some trivial hang. people read it, atuff aid if it clicks for oters--even just one--can have a spread out effect. soyou shouod value speaking your mind whilse you can.....go read new thread by wes morris bout tis new fuckupo bush law which seeks to outlaw open email debate...

yeah? tis is a place to explore. do not be;ittle it---tho you have freedom to of course

say a kid was lookin in. idn't know jack shit about the 'Tv deabte' and stuff we is talkin about. isthat not someting important she/he can explore tis, maybe join in?...or say a parent. you dont know till yer fkin know dudey....? beee humble

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Despite your extremely weird and sometimes hard-to-understand spelling and grammar, I found that extremely funny!

Yes, message boards reach alot of people. Many more read them than participate.

What is the value of Kitkast anyway, Avatar? Not to put you down or anything, I get your point, but how is that helping people anymore than posting on a message board?

Buddha was referring to the mass media that comes through the television and into millions of childrens' malleable minds every hour.
    Some web-based videocast is not going to change how much cartoonage children are immersed in. Especially when very few people know about it.

18. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Sorry, Buddha! You SHOULD have read it. It was actually a humor piece, not SERIOUS! Take a look later, it might make you laugh.

19. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

[/QUOTE]As for "potential soldiers"......are you on crack? What country are you talking about where TV influences children to become killers (if that's what your implying) or join the armed forces.

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

As for "potential soldiers"......are you on crack? What country are you talking about where TV influences children to become killers (if that's what your implying) or join the armed forces.
    shit, who said that quote??...are uuu serious? this is how they entice young people to the army etc. just same as ads. they will show sexy' women introduce it-----this was years back, not sure now. tis means they try hook their sexual desire nd then imprint it on killin....and also shoing 'sexy' secenery, and advenure'...never NEVER do they show te horrors of war. what its REALLY like. or slow lingering diseases got from Depleted Uranium etc...all that they keep under wraps right to the end and beyond!

can you not accept TV is the drug par excelleance of System?....explain why? elborate as muc you can

21. J.B Banned Banned

No group of people watch's TV more then African Americans,

and look how well there doing.

22. duendy Registered Senior Member

j.b...you are as deep as a TV screen

23. Jeremy Imagine Registered Senior Member

Back to if TV is dangerous.......

TVs are very dangerous, as they have the center of gravity very close to the front (old style CRT). The are very prone to falling forward and have been known to be lethal. I think TV harnesses should be mandatory. New standards of TV stands that work with a harness should be developed. Maybe child car seats could be modified for this use. Air bags could also be fitted behind the speaker panels to further protect people. A 'tip' over sensor would deploy the bags cushioning its fall.

Another issue is electrocution. Don't even get me started on that one......