Is Undecided Nico?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Rappaccini, Mar 13, 2004.

?

Is Undecided Nico?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2004.
  1. Undecided is Nico.

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Undecided is not Nico.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

People take pleasure in the suffering of others. Reminds me of a novel, "Lord of the Flies" only these are supposedly adults. Yup, much work to do. Nothing worth while here.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Go try to browbeat somebody that cares.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

And what does the answer change?

Does it somehow affect Undecided's arguments? Does it affect his value as a person? What's at stake that we should inflame this already-festering issue merely for curiousity? That you should bait someone for your curiosity?

You wrote, in your topic post:
    Personally, I'm curious about a number of things in the Universe, but resolving that curiosity with fact usually affects my perspective in some way. What is the value of the answer to the question?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

The value of my question is the satisfaction the answer would bring... at least to me.
    I can live without it, but that's not the point.

I bait only in that I ask a question that he is, remarkably, decidedly unwilling to answer. It was predictable, certainly, and, of course, it suggests that he is, indeed, Nico (though that is still up for debate).

I do not believe I upset him in the least, and, even if I had, so what?
    It was worth it.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The question was originally asked in order to divert another topic.
    Okay. Fair 'nuff.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Is this thread stupid, yes I think so.

But after reading though it something bothers me...
    Undecided: are you nico or not, yes or no, answer please!

10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

On the other hand, why don't we all post anonymously?

11. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

Rappaccini: "Go try to browbeat somebody that cares."

Right on Rappa ! That is my point. Those who don't care come to rule the roost in an online forum. This genre of communication software is inherently bogus. The callous wallow in their filth. I feel for ya though. Perhaps someday, you'll see something new that people jump to join that actually works to sustain relationships amongst large populations. In the mean time, experiments will come and go.

This thread is bringing out the supercilious, not silly or entertaining in any way. Just another lesson to learn: Those who would put aside the alienation and get on with the fascination, (from Limelight by Rush), leave the chicken coop to the squawking.

12. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Fetus, and anyone else who wants to know;

Doesn't it seem that if Undecided wasn't nico, that this user would deny it, and then argue against it? Rather, Undecided is attacking the purpose of the thread, and has yet to deny being nico. Is this significant? Probably not. But I know that if I was accused of being someone I wasn't, then the first thing I would say would be "no, I'm not that person" as opposed to "this is a useless thread!"

13. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

This is open government. Rappacinni started a thread about a topic. If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread.

I think Survivor is a bullshit tv show, so I don't watch it. Beyond that, I could give a shit if it's still on tv ten years from now.

nico has only herself to blame for the events that lead to the creation of this thread. Therein lies the lesson.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Look, I just don't see why people who have changed their identities before are so bothered with this.

Most of you have been conned, and quite easily. Remember that the only reason it matters whether Undecided is Nico is that a couple of single-digit IQ's would like to continue their rampage of interrupting topics to slam Nico for his age.

In the meantime:
    I disagree to a certain extent, 15. Put this in free thoughts or about the members, but this isn't much of an SFOG topic.

In the sense of open government, what does this topic accomplish?

And given your recent asshat tirade, what credibility does your opinion really have?

Not that I care, 15. But I did see your picture in the picture thread and it struck me that when you grow up to be as old as the guy holding you in the picture, you'll be a pretty impressive mind. In the meantime, we're all very proud of your spelling and typing ability, but frankly I think you'll come to be embarrassed by the excessive and aggressive immaturity of your posts. And that would be unfortunate.

So get yourself together, little girlie. Because this is about as much "government" as Ted Kennedy driving home from Chappaquiddick.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  15. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Thanks for splendiferously transmogrifying the issue, Mr. Chips.
    Your verdict has been noted, though perhaps not too respectfully.

Are you happy?

Tiassa, in the long run I am indifferent towards Undecided. I wrote up this thread to firstly sate my curiosity and secondly for kicks.

Is that all right with you, Great Complicator? Or must I go to the corner with the rest of the dissolute ne'er-do-wellers?

As for this being a misplaced thread, I initially agreed. Then I disagreed. Now I am resigned to unsurety.
    Leave it to the mods.

16. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Apparently you didn't get the memo Rap. Having a larf at the expense of another poster, or a shared mindset of several posters is strictly forbidden at Sciforums. Wit and gest are for stupid people. We should all strive to be more high-strung and thin-skinned. It seems to be working for these asshats. Look how happy they are.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ok, off to stomp on some kittens and steal an old ladies cane.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Forgive those, 15, who don't thank you for your efforts to make it so.

18. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

I'm sure a lot of people thought Lenny Bruce was a total broke-dick in his day too t.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Oh, yes, they certainly did.

20. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

There's no such thing as an over-eagerness to poke fun, 15ofthe19, but there is such a thing as bad taste.
    Comparisons to Lenny Bruce fall into that category.

Tiassa has his reasons to question me, and I'd guess about 75% of the active populace here has a reason to call you down.

You see, sadly, the word asshat, the phrase I am never wrong, and fiery denunciation of 'Everybody Loves Raymond' also fall into the aforementioned category.

Edit:

Tiassa, I remember your thread on Dr. Lou's so-called provocation, that which concerned evolution, I believe?

Well, I don't think that that was case of essentially malicious design. This one was, and I have admitted as much to you, while perhaps dragging my feet along the way.

This is your chance to hold a legitimate trial, if you wish.
    If you feel I've overstepped my bounds in this bit of trickery, you can make a thread to discuss and vote on a penalty. I will not protest to the mods or interfere.

Link the thread to this one and advise the voters to read over my comments and decide for themselves. I will not try to sway them; I will not post in said thread, unless, of course, I am requested to do so by you or a mod.

The options of the poll would be up to you, though I do recommend you provide a variety, especially one to the effect of "acquittal," so as to ensure fair play.

Even though I do not think myself deserving of any sort of penalty, I am not afraid of the judgment of others and will accept it.
    If Undecided truly feels slighted, he will have the chance to vote against me.

This is only a suggestion, Tiassa, so feel free to flatly refuse.
    I will not do it myself, because that would be... in bad taste, a little reminiscent of Zarkov...
    Your style of writing is much better suited, anyhow.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  21. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

So what you're saying is, you also fall into that category of posters on sciforums that don't know sarcasm when they see it? Terrific. This place is like a damned funeral home.

I've never watched a single episode of Raymond you asshat.

And sadly, I thought you might actually be one to get the joke.

22. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Firstly, do you really think you should be taking this seriously?

Secondly, your sarcasm is just like an onion:
    • It's mere presence is making me cry.
    • It's of the dirt beneath my feet.
    • It consists of many layers, which, when peeled away, reveal... nada, emptiness, zilch, a lack of substance.

Edit:

Thirdly, you think Sciforums is like "a funeral home"? Is everyone here too dull for ya?

... let me think... How original can I get?

Turn that frown

upside down

, buddyroo, 'cause there's somthin' you can do!

Why don't you show us what's up and...

Just Leave?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  23. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

They have made great strides in the treatment of schitzophrenia Rap. You should look into it. Sorry I inadvertantly pissed in your Cheerios.

I'm not going anywhere beeeyatcch.