Ishmael Rightful Heir?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Mar 26, 2007.

1. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The Muslims say that Ishmael, not Issac, was the rightful spiritual heir of Abraham, but is there any evidence that this is true?

The Ishmael line recorded none of the Old Testament, obviously, so why do they claim that 2,000 years after Moses, Muhammed came along and corrected the whole thing in the form of the Koran, does that make sense?

Why did the "rightful heirs" record nothing for 2,000 years?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Wasn't Ishmael a donkey?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

He was a human being.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well, Issac was then one God told Abraham to kill. Think that might have been a factor....maybe?

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Samcdkey says Muslims revere both the lines of Ishmael and Issac, and yet the Muslims seek to destroy the line of Issac, so Sam, your rap ain't gonna git 'er dun.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There's no evidence that anyone is the spiritual heir of anything.

10. ubermich amnesiac . . . Registered Senior Member

I read the Bible a long time ago. I don't know if I have the names correct, but it goes something like this: Isaac had two sons Esau and Jacob. Jacob was an ancestor of the Jews, Esau the Arabs. Esau the older was naturally the favored son. Esau was also hairy and Jacob less hairy. When Isaac became blind, however, Jacob put some artificial hair on his arm or something like that and then his father unknowingly bestowed Jacob (and not Esau as he had intended) with some special bequeathment.

So the Arabs got f*cked over basically.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: If you would do some reading, you would know that my "unique insights" are from the research I have done. When I come across something truly unique, I will write a book about it. You need not worry. Does your plethora of authored books have more than one line? What is the ISBN of your publications? Where can I buy them?

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Just go to my website.

Your idea that Solomon and David lived before Moses was unique, I told you then you should write a book about that.

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I wish I could, but that is not my original work. It's Ahmed Osman's, et al.