Islam and Terrorism

Discussion in 'World Events' started by sandy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

HA! in your faces! and you kepp pointing your fingers to muslims and muslim countries, ha!
    and + to that
    an info maybe you didnt know, that most muslims aren't arabs, and not all arabs are muslims, just an addon info,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. InTheFlesh77 Set the controls... Registered Senior Member

+1 on the hate posts count eh? - constructive...

Really? - I didn't know that

[/Sarcasm]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

what hate posts? did post any?
    because i said, ha! in your face? lol
    ok.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

never mind, forget about it.

yeah maybe, some people are such big hypocrites, wan't change their mind even with a hundred study.

uuh... :facepalm:
    why are you asking me for that?

8. InTheFlesh77 Set the controls... Registered Senior Member

I'm not asking you for anything. You comment implied that books told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Did you have a particular book in mind i wonder...?

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

no.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I am very gratified to see the Cordoba Initiative moving forward. This will be very important in the education of the USA, especially in breaking the highly illusory, inflammatory, and destructive conflation in collective USi conscience of Islam with terrorism.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Dr. Tiller would disagree

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What is an "Arab Country"?

meme infection is inversely proportional to operating system efficiency

Shadow, In this regard, I'm really not concerned with the educational system in Tunisia or any other countries outside of the USA. We in the USA need to better educate our Citizens. Some may visit or even return to Tunisia and there they may effect change - but, that's not my priority. I don't care if people in Tunisia teach their kids that evolution is untrue, the Earth is flat and Allah is the only God and Ron Hubbard (PBUH) was Her last Prophet.

You live there, you decide on your own educational system.

13. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

ook, what are you talking about?
    oh, about teaching your us citizens, why don't you start with your self? it sounds a good step.

flat earth? evolution untrue? ...

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

hahahhaa, is that a question?
    you really should start educating the u.s.a citizens by starting with your own.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I'd put money on the exact opposite.

I don't think those involved actually see US culture - they seem blind to the nature of their project, almost symmetrically.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I don't have time to compose a better response, so I'll again fall back on some sappy old music, and quote the encouraging recent remarks of a fellow flawed human and politician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVcPIO2mnYc

(don't give up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3fU8m-7j78

(or dream it's over)

Bloomberg speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLG91tOLPdQ

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Muslims are more interesting than everyone else. Hence even though they may comprise only 6% of "terrorism", they get 99.99999% of the attention.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You wrote: about educate them, does it mean that all muslim countries, and so arab countries, and so tunisia, are all uneducated?

Sounds like you are making the classic and common mistake of thinking "Arabs" are Muslim. There's plenty of Jewish Arabs out there Shadow. Atheist Arabs as well.

Clarifying my earlier statement: My primary concern is not teaching Muslims in Tunisia anything. You live there, you can help decide what it taught. In the USA I want to see Citizens educated properly. Will this happen? I'm guessing not any time too soon. Probably a few more resources wars in the ME until we can have that conversation. :shrug:

19. kira Valued Senior Member

There are almost 7 billions people on earth, an x% of them are terrorists. There are over 1 billion muslims on earth, it's not very surprising IF there is (1/7)x% terrorists among them. Muslims are people, too. =P

In Afghanistan, out of 28 millions population, 99.7% are muslims. If the majority of the terrorists in Afghanistan are Hindu or atheists, then that will be very weird...!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not to the Afghans. Occupation is an extreme form of terrorism. Taking away all choices from a people under threat of violent military force is hardly pacifist.

If you bring down two buildings its terrorism, if you destroy an entire country, what is that?

At a guess, how many of the people who occupy Afghans are Muslims?

21. kira Valued Senior Member

Also, not all foreigners in Afghans are terrorists or occupiers. For example, there are German organizations there that are building the country by installing hydropowers to supply electricity for people who live in the villages. They are also making deep wells to supply water, etc. I know personally German people who work there, they are risking their lifes to build energy and water infrastructure for local people there.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The British built the railway system in India. However, they did so by converting the resident princes to their puppets. Are the Germans in Afghanistan through a puppet government or by the will of the Afghans? Don't forget that the Buddha statues were blown up by Afghans because they could not see the sense in repairing statues when their children were dying like flies of hunger and disease in refugee camps, but foreigners were unwilling to pay for food and medicine, but willing to pay for nfrstructure that benefitted them.

Last month, I saw a fantastic wind energy system developed by Suzlon in a locality in Maharashtra. Unfortunately the electricity generated was being transferred to certain electoral districts under politicians who were favourable to the company and the people in the village directly below the windmills were still living by lamplight. Are the Germans working for the Afghans or providing employment for themselves? Which village in Afghanistan has improved its quality of life under the last 8 years of occupation? Also, who is paying for all this?

You may be interested in this:

http://defensetech.org/2010/04/23/german-soldiers-in-afghanistan-wear-their-protest-on-their-sleeve/

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And what difference does that make to the terrorism which the Afghan people are subjected to? If you remember, most Afghans did not support the Taliban, but this is not an excuse for the Taliban to arm themselves and go to Germany to establish an Islamic system of government there. Nor would it justify, for example, the Taliban establishing an Islamic Caliphate in Berlin while building infrastructure for Germans in villages. I'm sure its very very admirable that Germans do not support the terrorism of German soldiers in Afghanistan, but they still have a volunteer army and a representative government and they are still, along with the rest of NATO, occupying the country and killing Afghans, even if they call them "friendly fire" incidents when they fire on Afghan soldiers or civilians.