Israel & Palestine (v2)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypewaders, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Yes. For better or for worse. :m:
    Yes, agreed. Its his interpretation only, albeit backed up by a rock solid track record, and substantial historical research and evidence. Obviously his vast academic background is indicative of impeccable methodology. And of course, it is common knowledge that Historians are notorious for resisting unorthodox views and shouting "heresy" at the first signs of divergence from entrenched historical "norms".

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This has to be one of the more absurd posts of the thread. PJ will - or should - have noted, even grazingly, that I answered - yet again - each of his arguments in the thread. Yet, instead of addressing any of them...he simply reported my post because I hurt his feewings.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Strikes me as a bit dodgy.

Anyway: I have very graciously reproduced my post for him now, so that he may respond in full and with lots of facts.

Point 1
    Point 2 (in response to his claim of "good treatment" of Jews by the majority Arab population in the ME prior to the establishment of Israel. He requested some evidence of my argument; I provided; he ignored and pressed "Report".)
    There we are: all clean and tidy.

I imagine, PJ, that you should have no trouble responding to the post in its entirety.

Bonne chance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CheskiChips Banned Banned

pjdude reports everything, but his continual use of "The War of Jewish aggression" hasn't gotten him banned. It's pretty much a proto-typical anti-Semitic term that doesn't separate "a few Jews who did something for a short time period" and "Every Jew on the planet that has ever lived". Which is pretty much the definition of religious bigotry and/or racism.

And what the fuck is this?
    How is this not anti-Semitism, I don't understand. You need to knock of the garbage - seriously. I told you referring to Israeli independence as "The war of Jewish aggression" is an anti-Semtic and untruthful statement. It was at BEST "The war of Israeli / Zionist aggression". Your classification is racist, end of story. Now you're saying that because I pointed out this grossly racist statement, that it's the reason "People dislike Jews"

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

nice misrepresentation

I already responed to this which you ignored. I am not talking about legally purchased land. I am talking about land gained through force and than leased out to jewish settlers.

Is was a relative. dealing with absolutes in history causes problems due to increasing standards over time something I already mentioned to you.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Yet in every other situation calling a peoples attack against another the ____ war of aggression would fly. IT was a war on behalf of all jewish people. While I will change my refernce I firmly believe in being asked to change it is a different standard for the jewish people.

thank you for proving my point. and I wasn't refering to Israeli independence I was refering to the war after Iraeli independence that they tried successfully to expand. No Cheski I am saying that you hide behind anti semtism over any critic of Israel or the jewish people. You have labeled every single critical comment against both as anti semitism. You don't want to debate the facts you only wish people to say both are good and in the right.

9. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Notes: Thread closed pending cleanup. Or, maybe it's just closed forever. We'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.