Israelis blackout, protest against Gaza blockade

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadark Banned Banned

Did you read what I said? I said that it doesn't matter if these petty technicalities were the true motivation for the Iraqi war; what matters is that everybody on Earth was lied to, meaning the war was introduced publicly under false pretenses. I really don't care what line 4 of paragraph 6 of subsection 2 of article 3 of the Vienna Convention said thirty years ago concerning Iraq. When the U.S. is scrutinized by the U.N. for, oh, I don't know, supplying Iraq with the chemical gas used to kill a few (hundred) thousand people, then I'll start caring what it says about Iraq's history.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So then you recognize that there was legal reson to resume the war.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

Not really. Truth be told, I didn't even bother reading the sections of your posts that dealt with the conventions. No matter what they declare, the reasons given were completely different. And for that, it's established that we were lied to.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then why was it so easy to find those reasons listed in the U.N. sites, Those are the reasons that were entered into the official record of the U.N.

As I suspected any thing that don't agree with your opinion is automatically ignored. Well it is fact as backed by U.N. record, and International Treaty.

9. Kadark Banned Banned

When nations with veto power are held to the same standards as, say, Iraq, then I will acknowledge the U.N.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Power is never shared, only brokered.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

How sad but true

12. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Indeed.

13. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

The UN is outdated and extremely unfair nowadays anyway. Id like to see all the smaller and weaker nations leave the UN and form their own United organisation and the same for the Arab and Muslim countries. In its current form the UN only helps the strong and the rich and im pretty sure thats not what it and teh League of Nations were created for.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And accomplish exactly what?

The U.S. is who funds the U.N., and with out the moneys of the U.S. the U.N. would fall flat on is ass.

The U.N. is the biggest transferor of Money from the Rich Nations to the small nations in History. Most of that money being from the the U.S.' but the rest from the First Nations of the World, only 20% of the U.N. budget comes fro the rest of the members, and it wouldn't support the lavish life styles of those members representatives to the U.N.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Straight UN Facts

Major contributors to the regular
    UN budget for 2006 [8] Member Nation Contribution (% of total UN budget)

United States.......22.00%
    Japan...................19.47%
    Germany................8.66%
    United Kingdom.....6.13%
    France...................6.03%
    Italy......................4.89%
    Canada.................2.81%
    Spain.....................2.52%
    China.....................2.05%
    Mexico...................1.88%
    Australia................1.59%
    Brazil.....................1.52%

Print What the U.S. Pays the U.N.

U.S. contributions to the UN in 2005 totalled: $5,327,276,000.
    (Regular budget, extrabudgetary contributions, in-kind contributions)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"The U.S. is who funds the U.N., and with out the moneys of the U.S. the U.N. would fall flat on is ass."

No BR, the U.S. government is by far the largest debtor to the United Nations, and we are falling further and further ito arrears. Even if we did honor our commitments, our share is eclipsed by tht of the E.U. US strongarming of the UN in the runup to the invasion of Iraq has also diminished UN credibility substantially.

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

22% of the U.N. budget is paid for by the U.S. Tax Payers, and with out that 22% the U.N. would fold.

17. kmguru Staff Member

18. kmguru Staff Member

The United Nations: Payment due

Adrienne McPhail
    October 4, 2005

"No taxation without representation" was the battle cry of the American revolution when Britain heavily taxed the American colonies and refused to allow them representation in London's Parliament. This is now the position that Japan is taking in relationship to the United Nations. It was reported earlier this week by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun that Japan is planning on cutting its annual contribution to the U.N. budget by as much as 5% when negotiations begin in the spring to determine the budget revenues for 2007-2009.

This would strongly impact the U.N. budget as Japan is the second largest contributor to that organization after the United States and is currently committed to supporting 19.5% of the budget. There can be little doubt that this is in direct reaction to Japan's failure, along with Brazil, Germany and India, to secure a permanent seat on the Security Council.

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I hope we can revisit a UN thread soon. Those of you who so easily dismiss the achievements and potential of the UN shouldn't get off so easy- but this isn't the thread for that overdue smackdown. Here are a couple of places where we can pick up that conversation, if you UN poo-poo-ers have the nerve:

UN for United Nothing

Relocate the UN

20. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

That the weaker and smaller nations wont be trampled over so easily by the bigger ones.

Which is one of teh flaws in the current UN system.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Just by Islam.

So send more money.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.