ISU 2015

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by quantum_wave, Jan 17, 2015.

1. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

ISU 2015

#1 1/19/2015
    My continued thanks to SciForums for hosting the Alternative Theroies sub-forum.

My previous threads related to the Infinite Spongy Universe model (ISU), and the mechanics of it that I call Quantum Wave Cosmology (QWC), are subject to changes as explained in threads subsequent to them. I don't encourage members or lurkers to go back and read them, but instead, I try to make each annual update comprehensive enough to represent the current status of the model for discussion purposes. However, feel free to comment on-topic to any of my past threads here, and I will be glad to respond.

I would like to include this Grafio image to depict the ISU:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Motivation: I am motivated to use the Internet, and post threads in science forums like this that allow alternative discussion, because I have been curious about the nature of the universe since I was young. My father pointed out the Milky Way to me when I was four, I think, showing it stretching across the dark summer night sky, from the shores of Lake Michigan (circa 1947). He didn't tell me about cosmology, but he was a professional in the field of visual optics, a practicing optometrist, and an advanced thinker in his own right, in my view; he believed that the universe is infinite. He died too young. My mom, a career professional in the field of conventions and tourism, and an association executive at times, raised my brother and me on her own, but always supported and encouraged our natural childhood curiosity. I have paid casual and growing attention to cosmology ever sense, with a greater focus on it as a hobby since I retired from a career in financial management in 2005.

Disclaimer: I am a layman science enthusiast with no credentials to speak of in regard to physics, math, or cosmology, and my hypotheses and model are a hobby to me. I don't suggest that I have anything that would be of interest to someone in the scientific community with professional credentials, or that hasn't already thought of; my interest is in layman level discussion of the "as yet" unexplained. I have evolved my model from those discussions and threads over the past, say fifteen years. The hobby-model simply organizes the various concepts and the hypotheses that convey them, into what I claim is an internally consistent model. That claim includes that the model is not inconsistent with scientific observations and data. In that regard it is important to note that I invoke my own particular version of the hidden variables interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, and I describe the local mechanics, in layman terms, of each of the major hypotheses that I invoke. I am not claiming to be "doing" science, but I do claim to keep a layman focus on the science that is being done by the scientific community in regard to Cosmology, and the related physics.

General Relativity: I do not invoke the concept of curved spacetime, but I do acknowledge Einstein's almost perfect math, that quantifies the concept of spacetime, where matter tells space how to curve, and curved spacetime tells matter how to move. I simply replace the theory of curved spacetime with the hypothesis of gravitational wave energy density, and the corresponding energy density gradient of the medium of space. That energy density gradient tells matter how to move, in an infinite universe, characterized by a landscape where "big bangs" are common, and where their individual expanding arenas play out by converging across the landscape of the greater universe, generating new expanding big bang arenas, and thus defeating entropy.

Special Relativity: I acknowledge that the math of SR works perfectly, given the two axioms of SR.

QWC: Quantum Wave Cosmology is characterized by two processes, quantum action at the micro level, and arena action at the macro level. These two processes are strikingly similar in mechanics, but the vast difference in scale makes quantum action look toward the infinitesimal, and arena action look toward the infinite. The two major forces in QWC are energy density equalization which is characterized as the nature of energy to equalize its density across contiguous space, and gravity, which is characterized by the mechanics of particle motion. Those mechanics are based on an internal composition of particles as complex standing wave patterns, with two components, inflowing and out flowing gravitational wave action. Objects move in the direction of the net highest directional inflow, which is the energy density out flow from other particles and objects. The spherically out flowing gravitation wave energy emitted by particles and objects corresponds to the directionally inflowing gravitational wave energy that comes to particles and objects in the form of waves traversing the medium of space.

Relativity: I describe the nature of relativity in the universe by saying that all objects are in relative motion, and that there is no detectible absolute location in space, and no detectible absolute rate of time passing. The infinities of QWC relativity, or simply "relativity" in my model, are 3-D space, time simply passing, and wave energy, and I describe my specifying definitions of those and other terms within the content posts.

Eternal Intent: My personal philosophy, which I call Eternal Intent, is derived from the ISU model, the QWC mechanics, and the three infinities. If eternal intent is even applicable, it comes from the perspective that the ISU/QWC is my view of reality, and the infinities of the model are "necessary truths", to use the lexicon of philosophy. It is the eternal intent of the the universe, that it provide the perpetual existence of hospitable and habitable environments across infinite space, where life is generated and evolved into conscious, self aware, intelligent, free-willed individuals, whose interactions with each other are subject to their own individual consciences. There are known, as well as "as-yet unknown", natural laws that govern the mechanics of all of that.

That is an overview of what I hope to present this year, in a more detailed and organized fashion, with some old and some new drawings and images to help with the explanations of the hypotheses. I intend to use sequential number references at the start of each "model content post", and those numbers will not correspond to the post numbers that are assigned at the end of each post by the SciForums software. This way, I can carry on discussions on this thread, and present numbered content posts as well. If I revise any numbered post after the edit period, but during the year, I will simply reference the "content post number", and write the changes or update. Such updates will appear out of order since they will be changes to perviously numbered content posts, but they will be put back into order when I do the update for next year. One more note of explanation: I often include a number in parentheses at the end of a new post. That is the views count at the time of the post, and I use it as a reference for timing new posts, and an indicator of interest in the thread, which will be predictably low, if history is any indication

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#2 1/18/2015

(23)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#4 1/19/2015 (Repost)

My choice is "Always Existed", and I make that a major premise of my model.

(49)

8. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#5 1/19/2015

The "Always Existed" explanation for the existence of the universe brings with it the infinite time continuum.

9. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#6 1/19/2015

Given a universe that has always existed, and its infinite time continuum, infinite space seems like a natural premise to me.

10. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#7 /19/2015

In my model, what I call a specifying definition is a meaning given to a common word or phrase in science that makes the word/phrase relate to my model in a specific way. In this case, "open system" applies to the infinite universe as a whole, by definition. Our boundless universe is an open system containing energy and matter in infinite amounts.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  11. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I'm experimenting with Grafio images loaded into Vidra video, and uploaded to YouTube. This is the first test, just to see how it all comes together. It is just the first incomplete pass, and it needs narative, better slide timing, many additional slides, etc. It might be a good way to push an overview of the ISU on my friends and family,

12. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

Nice blog, surprised they let you use this forum as a blog. Seems to be against the rules but maybe not. There are free blog websites out there.

13. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#8 1/20/2015

As big bang arenas expand, they intersect and overlap. When two or more parent arenas overlap, their galactic material comes under the influence of gravity and swirls into a new Big Crunch at the center of the overlap space. Entropy is thus defeated as the old cold galactic material which formed from the big bang energy of the aging parent arena's is restored to nature's lowest entropy state, a new big bang.

(93)

14. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#8 1/21/2015 (Corrected spelling)

As big bang arenas expand, they intersect and overlap. When two or more parent arenas overlap, their galactic material comes under the influence of gravity and swirls into a new Big Crunch at the center of the overlap space. Entropy is thus defeated as the old cold galactic material which formed from the big bang energy of the aging parent arena's is restored to nature's lowest entropy state, a new big bang.

(103)

15. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

I am like yourself and like to post and have new ideas, can you please explain what you mean by spongy?

I associate the word with entropy and thermodynamics, if this is your meaning then this is already known and your idea is not really a new idea.

16. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Post #2 was an attempt to explain why I call the universe spongy.

17. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Are you using spongy in the context of contraction and expansion?

If not I have no idea what you are referring to so can you explain the spongy part using none science terms and just use a comparison?

Even though I do not understand your definition part of spongy I understand you saying the big bang is not a singularity and an event that happened within a larger Universe, this I have already discussed , my thread ended up in the bin.
    This I personally believe to be true on the simple grounds of a Big bang needs space to expand into.
    Others will not agree and your thread will end up in the bin even if you provide logical axioms and truths it will not matter because science insists that space itself is expanding from the big bang

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  18. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Yes, in my model big bang arenas expand, and overlap to form big crunches. The volume of space occupied by the expanding arenas increases, and as the arenas overlap, the volume of space occupied by the galactic material caught up in the overlap space decreases as it enters into a swirling rendezvous at the center of the overlap space, thus forming a new big crunch, which results in a new big bang. I picture an infinite landscape of the greater universe with big bangs occurring here and there, expanding until their expansion is interrupted by intersecting with other expanding arenas. Then the galactic material collapses and new big bangs emerge, expand, overlap, and that arena process plays out perpetually, defeating entropy on a grand scale.

19. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

Ok , I do understand your idea, I will say it is unprovable at this time. What can be proved is that galaxies merge and the visible Universe at the moment is expanding, at this time we do not observe other expanding big bangs expanding matter into our visual Universe from outside our visual universe, this is where your idea fails, your idea can only be deemed to be a presumption without underlying proof.
    A volume of space can not increase in volume by any means, expanding matter can increase the volume contained within the measured space, space does not increase in volume.
    Example - your cube, imagine the vector lines have Physical bodies on those vector lines, then expand your cube expanding the Physical bodies equally to the expansion, the matter expands making a seemingly greater volume of space, however the volume does not change, space is static and the matter is what is expanding through the space.
    You can say that matter at greater distances increases the space between the object and the observation point that gives a greater volume of space equal to distance travelled by the mass.
    A volume of mass has to have an equal volume of unoccupied space to occupy.

20. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I generally agree with all that. The model is full of speculation done with a methodology of starting with a departure point in science, and going on to reasonable and responsible speculation to answer questions that I have that aren't fully explained by science.

21. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

I could not more agree with you, I have provided speculation of logical axioms that still get denied. To speculate is exactly that , to speculate based on logic and rational thought, reasoning that makes logical sense.
    Present information speculates that the big bang started from nothing, and space did not exist before the big bang, and space is expanding from the big bang, is entirely a none logical assumption based on poor speculation and rational thought in my opinion.
    I did a sarcastic interpretation video on youtube, you may find this interesting .

To say the big bang started from nothing , in my opinion is agreeing in the bible.

22. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Thank you, yes. And as for "Something from nothing", it is not just unintuitive, but like you say, it ignores a wealth of feasible possibilities.

Your "sarcastic interpretation" of nothingness was inspired, lol. Don't forget though, I always say that anything Supernatural has natural causes that we don't yet understand. The video itself is well done. Did you use a PC or Mac, or what; and what software did you use to produce and publish the video?

23. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

#9 1/21/2015
    I ask people to think about the cosmic microwave background in our arena, and to also consider that in my model, there is also a CMB that fills the greater universe.

In a universe that has always existed, big bangs and big crunches come and go, and each one leaves an imprint on the background; the product of an infinite history of arena action. Expanding arenas expand into pre-existing space already containing a primordial microwave background. The hemispherical asymmetry of the CMB dipole measurements observed on our arena is a possible clue that two or more parent arenas, each with its own slight variation in background temperature, converged to produce our arena, i.e. were preconditions to our Big Bang.

(134)