It has begun...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kittamaru, Jan 20, 2017.

1. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Do you not think that we can do so?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

He has been kicking the dragon for ages. ( the dragon has only been pretending to be asleep)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Nope... simply because of globalization human greed etc...
    Try paying 80 for a USA made t-shirt instead of a 5 Chinese made one. Even with a massive 40% tariff the Chinese shirt will still come in at about $7. ( and the 40% goes into Gov. coffers too I might add)
    He wants to place punishment tariffs on imported cars and again the Gov. coffers get a boost. Added Tax by default.

We have the same issue here In Australia. We want too much and are not prepared to do the work to get it.
    Labor rates are way too high when dealing with a global competitive market.
    According to one web source the average Chinese annual salary works out to about $4700 USD
    Compare that to America
    Sheesh! the pension (inc. benefits) in Australia is about triple that...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

does the blacksmith compete with the woodworker?

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Does a t shirt maker compete with a micro chip producer?

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

do an audit of your own possessions... how many of them are imported or have a significant imported component to them?
    Why don't you buy only USA made products?
    Do you wear Niki?
    Do you buy Samsung? ( HD flat screens)
    What brand of washing machine and dryer do you have?

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

My tools came from america, europe, and asia. I really do not care where it's made as long as it is made well and lasts a long time.
    washer=maytag(sux)
    dryer=samsung(3 months old and squeaks)
    A few years ago, I opened up my last dell, and much inside was made in china.

Globalism seems much like a fire. contain it and feed it well and it keeps you warm, but let it get out of hand, and you could get burned.
    So, maybe globalism is a tameable beast?

11. timojin Valued Senior Member

I don't want to get involved with you, leave it go.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

An old saying we have in Australia...Engage brain, before opening mouth.

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think it's all a ruse. It's a show. Trump is manipulating the ignorant and dim witted. Trump has been painting a picture of an America in decline with rampant crime and high unemployment when that simply isn't the case.

Trump began changing his narrative immediately after being elected. He began claiming responsibility for jobs saved, improved economic growth, etc, even when he had nothing to do with it. Going forward, I think we will be seeing more of the same. Even if conditions deteriorate, Trump will claim they are improving, and he, and he alone is responsible for the improvements.

This is all a show. It's the Trump show. Trump and his followers live in a post-truth world. Trump's words aren't to be taken literally as his closest advisers and surrogates are fond of saying. Trump uses words to foment emotions. For Trump, words aren't important for the meaning they convey. They are important for the emotions they evoke. It's a very dishonest way of communicating, but that's Trump. And we need to understand that. It's a very common right wing tactic in America and I suspect elsewhere. You can tune into Fox News or any of the many right wing radio programs in American, they are all using words in a similar manner.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Its not the job of the Government, let alone the POTUS, to fix things wrong with society. As a matter of fact, IMO it's this line of reasoning that leads to more problems.

The Government,a collection of people, are the only Citizens with the legal right to initiate violence against morally innocent people.

The job of fixing things in society is solely the prerogative of the citizens.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That's kind of why citizens formed government: to act on their behalf.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It is the job of government to "fix things" they have been empowered to fix by their constituents.

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

Whatever your opinion about Trump is you don't know how he is going to manage the economy of this country; but one thing is , the man succeeded in business , he succeeded in getting elected and he is not a scheister lawyer. By the way I hope he puts ceiling on lawsuits , that will help to stabilise the health care cost.
    So, let the man seat on his toilette and then wi can analyze the smell .

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

As the unique American-English culture is slowly replaced, I believe a large percent of Americans would be more than happy to live with Trump (and his heirs) if he, as a dictator, fixed all of the major problems.

The spirit of give me liberty or give me death, the can-do attitude of early America, has all but eroded away against the stones of bureaucracy.

A smart Dictator would return to The People their civil liberties and personal privacy at the very small cost of self determination. Probably via WWIII.

18. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Not our government. Not that it matters now.

A lot of rent payers see their slumlord as a problem that can be fixed by governmental redistribution of housing. A lot of millennials inparticular, would like free college, if that means redistributing their Baby Boomer parents SSI payments - that's fine, they can go crawl in a ditch and die.

So? If they vote to make these actions legal, you know "fix these problems Millenials face" you're perfectly fine with this?

Again, GiverMint's a one trick point: Take from one, give to another.

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You do understand you live in a bubble?

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL...

That's especially funny coming from you Michael.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

History has repeatedly demonstrated that there is no such thing as a smart dictator....they are all stupidly waiting to have their heads chopped of.

22. timojin Valued Senior Member

What would you consider a king up to the period 1800, and yot they ruled for generations ?

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

why are they not still ruling? ( few exceptions...)
    QEII maybe a monarch but she is no dictator...smart monarchs do not dictate....