it's all misery

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by RainbowSingularity, Jul 24, 2018.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

do you call someone a sadist who actively seeks to make others miserable ?

is making other people miserbale a normal human trait ?

people who enjoy the thought of other people being miserable...

whats that about ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i was reminded as was feeling annoyed that there are people who enjoy others being miserable.
    this reminds me that i should keep a happy disposition, because being happy really upsets those people.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Perhaps they know not how to express theirself, as with swearing. ☺

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

good point
    Transference ?
    internally projected guilt loop requiring the need to punish someone instead of themselves
    the self punishment being the external process of making others feel unhappy.
    did did occur to me if there was some innate(habituated cultivation of behaviour)need to feel the removal of something from another to feel a gain... ?

noted additionally
    i was excising a need to remind myself to be greatful to found the seperation of action from the self.
    Thus true Gratitude is a saviour

8. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

It's similar to physical abuse: the person cannot express theirself verbally, so they assault. Education is needed. ☺

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

There are various causes. Religion, mental illness, being incapable of empathy, misperception of reality.
    It is usually a vicious cycle. The abused are acclimated to it thus do so to others.
    Many people in pain or misery lash out.

<>

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

just for the record, while excising some emotional catharsis around a human behaviour psychology question, i am refering more soo to not the domestic violence type of man or women who hits the other because they have psychological issues.
    i am more referring to the functionally normal appearing person who takes specific enjoyment and accomplishment from degrading other peoples percieved happiness.
    a little bit like a rapist that must have power over the other.
    this person must percieve themselves to take away hapiness from another person instilling a sense of misery into them like a transactional process(to[i am applying a name for label purposes] the psychological sadist).

i see it quite a lot in people, hovering in different forms & severitys.
    it is quite normalised in personal relationships and culturally normalised as gender specific validated revenge.

though i am being quite specific in the specificity of the nature of the emotional sadist.
    they must transactionally take from another like some horror movie serial killer
    i guess the functional behavioural model of normalcy is probably equally habituated into the persons' psyche as an emotional-personality-archetype(ive been musing this for the last day or soo to see how it feels anthropologically).

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That's sadism, or at least, ill-will.

That's schadenfreude.

There's a line between actively making someone miserable and simply taking pleasure at the observation of someone being miserable.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Schadenfreude also involves a sense of ironic righteousness often described as poetic justice.

I want you to imagine sitting in a courtroom and watching a grown man bawl as the court issues its decision.

Some people felt a certain degree of righteous satisfaction, or even outright pleasure, watching a man weep and blither at the future because he was a disgraced police officer who had abused his badge and now faced two hundred sixty-three years in prison.

Some people felt a certain degree of righteous satisfaction, and even outright pleasure, watching African-Americans mourn a son who is dead because black males are not allowed to defend themselves.

We can say what we want about the latter; it's true many people have a hard enough time distinguishing between justice and injustice, and when backed into a corner, they will invent a pretense of justice instead of admitting they just like seeing people of color suffer and die. Comparatively, though, even then they have about them some pretense of righteousness.

Comparatively? Well, yes, compared to taking pleasure in watching someone suffer because, hey, abject suffering gets one off.

And I would suggest the lack of any righteous pretense, the idea of enjoying another being miserable just for the satisfaction of knowing someone suffers, is very important distinction. Schadenfreude is not so arbitrary.

13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

good point
    i have not read this psychological model inside out to formulate the mental cognition of the personality matrix.
    as you may imagine some things leave a bitter taste in the mind & take time to cleanse(if it all possible, which i doubt to some complete 100% extent as allthings change us).
    last i recal was i had thought the expresion to be a subjective position of emotive social dysfunction.(like a drama queen who must always vocalise a negative metaphor).

indeed and how often is this normalised in general human cultures all trough history AND currently. thus could it be a human trait etc... ?

...and so, yes. precisely!

placing the self into a position of feeling a physical gain by the mental belief that another is suffering, maybe not soo much as a sadist may enjoy inflicting pain and suffering,
    more soo being able to feel the taking of the happiness and to feel a transactional theft or reclamation(ID acting out?)???

it waters down through the self to humour and laughing at others etc etc etc...
    but i am more soo fascinated in the functional psychology of the few i have come accross that appear to functionalise the process in a mental way to seek to be motivated in taking something off the person, regardles of the person suffering knowing the other person is enjoying(for want of a more accurate word) them suffering.

i have seen the light inside their mind flash on and the wheels turn around at the notion and the process.
    it has crossed my mind if it is some type of feeding process.
    i have been pondering over the last 2 days now if there is a primal functional need to see the degradation of a living animal or thing as part of the hunting & killing need for succesful humans for hundreds of thousands of years.
    that is purely a very light muse and not a working thought.

14. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Inflicting suffering on another gives one a feeling of control. Perhaps the individual feels out of control, lost?

15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

"Morose delectation"
    sociopath with delusional schizophrenia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadistic_personality_disorder

where as i am refering to the direct feeling of need & process(perceptual) of (& taking satisfaction in) taking the essence of pleasure & hapiness away from another person as a transactional process in its removal.

i am fairly sure(about 60%) this is somehow linked to the psyche as an alternative variant of an archetype.

16. Lizard Registered Member

You cannot have good without bad. They define each other.

17. Lizard Registered Member

This is just as you cannot have pleasure without pain.

18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

some say this is the nature of human existance.

no sunshine without rain
    no pleasure without pain
    some want both
    most expect both
    some want only one
    others only want others to have some or none

the subjective context of the will exerting its self upon the universe is the nature of the thing
    the thing that wants
    should want be need
    would need be wanted

philosophers & poets ...