James R: The S.A.M Issue

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Gustav, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Technically, yes. Here's how these things play out:

1. Moderator closes thread A with a warning and/or message.
    2. Angry poster posts thread B, which is a continuation of A, and possibly also complaint thread C against moderator.
    3. Moderator/admin closes thread B (and possibly C), and temporarily bans angry poster for reposting a closed thread.
    4. Angry poster's angry supporters start thread D complaining of moderator bias, in which the original discussion from thread A inevitably continues as well.
    5. Moderator has dilemma as to whether to temporarily ban all 12 of angry poster's friends for further breaches of site rules.
    6. Repeat steps 4 to 6.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The reason why things play out like that here on Sci is because you guys are too soft.
    No is no, and anyone that has trouble understanding that should feel the consequences. Right? That's how rules work.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

And SAM is not a Troll. So your point is? :m:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

On the contrary, this is the very primal gloop that sustains and promotes life! Can you feel it?

8. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Confirmed.

James R's posts in the thread contain the substantiation for his original claims. Others have supported his views and provided actual links to examples. A couple of you guys disagreeing with his statements and dismissing those examples doesn't change that. Sorry.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. John99 Banned Banned

where is my little violin?

10. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Gustav,

What is the objective purpose of this thread? I want to know why James' moderation time is being spent on this?

11. Gustav Banned Banned

i see
    i take it then the few that you actually put on the table are NOT examples of her bigotry? that you accept the refutations of your characterizations of said examples, presented by tiassa, as valid? i mean, did you even bother to counter his arguments?

i did not ask for more evidence......yet. i just want you to clarify what you had already presented here. post by post. the only one you have clarified was this and we all know how that turned out

again, i am not the one making accusations. i have no problem with sam, nor with the posts that you presented to me. what the hell are you asking me for, a character reference?

your assessments need clarification. how many time do i have to ask this of you? not "more" evidence, just deal with the ones already on the goddamn table. look at it this way. i say...poster x is a dick. you ask me why. i simply say....go look for yourself, try the first few pages. you sir, will laugh me out of town. is it not more pertinent and efficient to ask me why i make that claim? are you for fucking real?

you familiar with.......extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?
    a good old sci standby, yes? what do you claim? hatred? bile? racism? antisemitism? you think those are on par with saying sam is a naughty girl?

hatred and bigotry, james. serious allegations especially when made by someone in your position

again for each of the arguments, tiassa made a rebuttal. did you even bother to defend or clarify how you came to make those assessments? and you troll me for an opinion?

what the hell are you on about? my case? i have no beef with sam, you do!

12. Gustav Banned Banned

james
    explain why this remains in a thread in sf

am i to take it that you sanction this sort of conduct?

13. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Personal question: are you muslim or of arab descent..?

Only wondering.

14. Gustav Banned Banned

pardon
    is it happy hour already?
    ok, you two go have fun

15. Gustav Banned Banned

shall we take another gander at this, james?
    a play by play that sheds some light into your reasoning?

16. Gustav Banned Banned

yeah
    i can see james's gang of thugs busy at work here as well
    i wonder if congratulations are in order for a job well done

indeed

17. Gustav Banned Banned

some seem confused as to why this thread exists, its purpose.
    let james explain by example.....

thanks james
    thats real hardcore

18. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Gustav, while Tiassa might have justified the raising and existence of the threads from a technical point of view - i.e. looking at core points being raised - there are surely better ways of wording threads that do not incite.

It is perhaps more the language and style that SAM uses that JamesR has issue with rather than the technical points of the arguments per se?

Further, with 20x to 30x more posts than most other people, is it not likely to appear that SAMs posts are coming under a seeming greater scrutiny than others... while in actuality the "issue to post-count ratio" might be the same as for everyone else?
    Just a thought.

19. Gustav Banned Banned

i am all ears, fella

20. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

James R, I think no matter what your decision will be...someone will be unhappy about it and will come and complain...so I would say it's almost pointless to have this thread open. With letting other users decide for you, or even recommend what course of action you should take you're losing authority, and people will lose faith in your judging skills. I mean, it's nice to see that the staff of this forum likes to take its users' opinions, advices into account, but sometimes users should just shut the Hell up about these matters, and let the mods decide on their own.

The fact that so many complaint threads are popping up on here is because these users know that some mod will eventually take the time to reply to their rant no matter how absurd it is, and with this give them the validation they wanted. I can literally see them waiting for a mod to pop up in their rant thread and gratifying them with a reply when they should just lock the thread and throw it into the cesspool.
    Really, sometimes a goddamn iron fist is needed to make those whinging kids shut up. People - let them get through with it once and they will consider it as their privilege.
    I think you already know what to do...or at least I like to hope so.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I'm not going to dredge through this thread to find all its ramifications,
    but let me say this:
    People like Sam are the reason I post on this site, annoying as she can be.
    She has a sense of justice, and she has integrity.
    I know that when you are arguing with her she can be as slippery as a cake of soap in the bath, but I mean personal integrity.

Same goes for you JamesR, actually.

What you call bigotry may be a valid opinion coming from a different life experience.
    Too many intelligent posters have been lost from this site.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

The funny thing about all of this is, SAM is just sitting back in her seat just basking in all the attention. What I have noticed since being here is that she loves being the center of attention, be it good or bad attention. Let's face it, she practically lives on the internet so this is the majority of her life.

Sciforums would be doing her a great favor in banning her for a while IMO so she could actually go and live in the real world.

The Mods here are funny because instead of just banning her like other members in the past, it's like they are scared of her/him. I am sure SAM is just sitting back and laughing at the special treatment she gets that other members here wouldn't get.

I read Bells posts and even though her and I or not good buddies, at least she sounds like she has some balls. :thumbsup:

23. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I can assure you that no one here is scared of banning S.A.M.

I think (read: I don't know, but it seems to me that) there is an overall reluctance to ban S.A.M. because it would mean setting a new precedent, which would be applied across the board. I, for one, would not stand S.A.M. being banned if several other people of the same ilk weren't also evicted. And even in this case, S.A.M. is (at least to me) a good contributor at times, which is not the case of some of her adversaries, and is certainly not the case of some of her detractors in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.