Jesus a time traveler?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Odin'Izm, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

An Idea that just poped into my head with the help of a friend and some extremist christians I met and converted to atheism today.

What If jesus was someone from a distant future who traveled back in time to enstate an image for future religion. To keep control of western civilisation and fix whatever problems related to control or morality that might have been happening in his time?

Look at the points:

> As if god (if he exists) would send some social outcast with no power and a beard to change the course of beleifs of an entire generation... why not send someone charming and goddly looking... who would not end up dead and crusified. im not saying jesus did not succeed in his mission he did very well since christianity is still alive and thriving... im saying am ore effective individual would have lived past 30 years of age in addition to spreading his ideology.

> the re-encarnation seems alot like his body either being destroyed in the time continuem... or him somehow going back to the future.

>his ability to heal miraculously could easily be future technologies?

just an Idea which I find amusing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There's a good novel which builds on that idea, called "Mission", by (from memory) Patrick Tilley (if you can find it).

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

cool thanks.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Yorda Registered Senior Member

I know where Jesus came from. He was born on earth but he inherited "the blood" of an ancient human race which lived on earth a long time ago. He was one of them, you could say... I know it sounds weird to you, but I'm just telling the truth.

8. Gambit Star Universal Entity Registered Senior Member

Quite possibly his spirit is from another world, he was created with the spirit gods to come to earth for a message of hope for the future that we needed to stop our barbaric ways if we want to survive the next thousand years.

I think jesus is both human and and extra terrestrial that came in a concious form.

And if we look at paintings from our past during the thousand years before and after the birth/ death of christ there are plenty of paintings with weird objects in the sky with light shining from them, weird black balls and orbs and space craft not even percieved of as yet.

9. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

The first picture is what used to represent clouds in the very early days of art., long before the impressionist movement came along.

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

Weird pictures, is that jellyfishes in the background in the 2nd image? In any case, I'm sure Jesus wasn't a time traveler...

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

12. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

Don`t think about impossiblities. Why since there is somethings which is possible but is not yet decoded by the minds of men.

Jesus alone is not a time traveler. Jesus is a name which means God with us. But if what you mean is the Christ. Christ is eternal. He came with the Father.

13. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

He came with the Father.

Isn't that illegal?

14. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

what beleiving in god... I dont think so... but it should be

15. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

If jesus was a time traveler, then who else was - why isnt our whole history full of time travelers? Some would have told the truth about it..

I read a short story calld "Lets go to Golgotha" about how time tourists from the future went to watch Jesus being crucifed.. they knew the had to shout for Barabus, not Jesus, to be releasd, so they did. They they found thatthe whole crowd was made up of tourists, and all the Jews of that time had stayed home. It was them that had killed Jesus...

That cartoon is cool Avatar - doyou draw those Parking Lot things yourself?

of course Jesus did travel thru time in one sense - into the future at 1 second every second, like we all do..

16. willy777twelve Banned Banned

Actually Jesus sort of is a time traveller...

You probably won't recieve this post, because I've sent it out of time (lol).
    Two years, too late...

The thought you had about Jesus was sorta right.

Here are some cool things to think about...

Jesus himself said, "No man hath seen the Father at any time."
    (No one has ever seen God the Father)

-But in the book of Genesis, Abraham served the Lord, some food.
    -Moses spoke "FACE to FACE" with the Lord on top of a mountian.
    -Daniel saw the son of man, inside a fire (and no one was burned)

Soooo, if no one has seen God the Father, then it must have been Jesus who ate with Abraham. Jesus, who was on the mountian with Moses. And Jesus who saved the three men, from the fire.

So Jesus appears, through the WHOLE bible, from the beginning, to the end.

EVEN BEFORE HE WAS BORN.

That does make Him a time traveller.

As for whether Jesus actually exists or not, you can decide for yourself.

(Start doing some research on google, looking for people who have seen miracles, healings, seen angels, had near death experiences (and gone to heaven or hell) Photos of spirits, hauntings, orbs, and on and on. Auras. Out of body experiences. Lucid dreaming.

Theres all kinds of supernatural things that happen, and they all add up, to the fact there are all kinds of things that exist, that we cannot see.

You might not believe this either, but I've heard Him (Jesus) speak to me once.

And I know it had to be Him.

I have never heard someone speak to me, who was that patient, and calm.
    Almost casual.

Wil_Bonner@msn.com

17. JuRtLy The JuRtLy Registered Senior Member

it was probably one of your parents

no but i too have spoken to god, not jesus...

what i find that jesus was the only human that was pure.. someone who really just did want anything bad, not cause he was the son of god or anything.. just because he was all out nice guy..

i truly believe that the only religion, is to be happy... if there is a god and all that.. all he wants is for everyone to be happy, and (if he sent jesus) jesus just tried showing us that there are ways to be happy without having to sin and all that..

18. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

Time travel has been concluded to be impossible. The universe is expanding.

This is not a point.

Why?

Stupid yes, amusing maybe.

19. VitalOne Banned Banned

Jesus wasn't a time traveler....you're just trying to de-mystify Christianity....but I like what you're getting at...there is nothing supernatural nor magical about Jesus..it only appears magical and mystical with ignorance...just as with anything else...

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Behold The Man by Michael Moorcock also uses this idea.

21. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Where are all the people who have strict ideas about the use of this comparative religion forum? Which religions are we comparing?

22. fishtail Registered Senior Member

The top picture clearly depicts a Star Gate, the halo is obviously a symbol of
    the star gate.

23. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

This thread has sinned.