jesus christ is god

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by firingseeds, May 7, 2003.

1. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

hi myriad360. thanks.
    i'm not that religious, i'm a more bolts and nuts guy. but if god had of made me any different, then that's what i would be. don't under- estimate the power of god, but accept the world as a learning curve: i would like to know everything, but to me that's an eternity.
    i agree with u about religion, it can be a killer, but notice how much more liberal and enlightened the world today, including the church. i think we are reaching a far more sensible age of civilization- look at the value of a western soldier today compared with ww11- but not that it's doing much to stop wars, killings, famines, poverty, pollution, squander, the like. it's actually the 'light' of jesus the west has today, just most people don't see it.
    i believe there is a place for all cultures and faiths, arts and sciences- but only god can bring salvation from a duped and dying world- (and he may do this in many ways unbeknown to each and everyone of us).
    cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

i know which way to go
    following in the footsteps of jesus
    he did all the work for me
    i owe him my life

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GodLied Registered Senior Member

Re: true wisdom

No wonder the Pope will fail a comprehensive math test to test the existence of God: God is illogical.

GodLied.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Logic and Science both dictate that - there can be no such thing as a "god".

8. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Originally posted by Red Devil
    Logic and Science both dictate that - there can be no such thing as a "god". ... that exists exclusively in their realm.

9. God_IS Registered Member

Science has its roots in general philosophy, which is based on general assumptions that only deal with the visible world.
    In that, it is limited.

It's well known that our Logic cannot be used prove the existence of God, because it simply cannot deal with anything that is outside of the visible world.

To say "God exists" and apply the logic we are accustomed to makes no sense, because this statement cannot be falsified.

To say that to believe in God is illogical is therefor an illogical statement.

If logic can't define it, the science built on that logic will not discover it. Logic simply does not apply.

Science and logic can only be used to validate things that are in the physical realm, the information we recieve through our 5 senses.

God, as the Bible says, lives in world outside of human (earthly) perception. One cannot demand evidence for God's existence
    based on reasoning that deals with objects so much smaller than God Himself.

Our intelligence may very well be limited. Who can proof by human reasoning that a form exists, a state of being that is beyond our intellectual grasp? It may well be that this form is too complex for human intelligence to discover.
    This world and our (human) race is characterised by imperfection.
    If a being exists who is PERFECT, without flaw or imperfection, what could we, in our inferiority do to find it through the reasoning that is indicative to our state of imperfection?

Why couldn't it be so that things exist that human eyes cannot see, or human ears cannot hear?

It would be foolish to conclude that since we cannot sense it with our bodily functions, our senses, objects outside of that spectrum DO NOT exist.

Humans can only believe in things they cannot scientifically prove, if they no longer rely on that science as if it were unflawed. It is wellknown that science eventually has no proof. It has only conclusions. Which are incomplete most of the time.

Personal experience is the evidence required in matters of things science cannot prove.

10. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Hi God_IS, and welcome to the fray

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. God_IS Registered Member

Merci

12. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

God is - thanks for your interesting post. At least it wasn't full of biblical quotes!!

13. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: true wisdom

If this were true, the omnipotent God, in his infinite wisdom, would have created only one religion which may or may not have been Xianity. But, since God didn't create religion, man created religions, that's why there are a bunch of conflicting religions out there.

If Jesus ever really lived, which many believe he did not, then it makes no sense at all that this one person would be sent to Earth to die for all humankind. God, in his infinite wisdom, could save the human race all by himself if it were necessary.

Therefore, humans don't need a third party to step in and save them from the sins of the world. Humans don't need salvation. As human beings, we have been given the seal of 'approval' by our Creator (the Spirit within us) to be here alive in the flesh to carry the Spirit of God over the Earth. We are not the condemned race of Judeo-Xian belief. We are One with God and interconnected to all creation. We certainly don't need to be saved from this spiritual mission we are on! That would defeat God's purpose for our lives.

Individuals who perceive the need for any kind of salvation from this life are directly denying the Spirit of God within them for the purpose they were meant for on Earth! If that's not the loss of eternal life, I don't know what is.

Jesus was attributed to having said, "the kingdom of God is within you." That is your salvation.

14. God_IS Registered Member

Re: Re: true wisdom

Exactly. I propose to speak in terms of "followers of", instead of "Religions". Christians strive to follow "in the footsteps of" Jesus, not be part of a big scheme.

This is a remarkable statement. On what information do these people base their belief that the person Jesus (of whom the Bible speaks) never existed?
    I think that historians throughout time confirm that it would be silly to disregard all the information about this person, by saying He never existed. Although it cannot be scientifically proven that Jesus DID exist, there is SO much historical evidence that makes it VERY credible to assume He did.
    People who do not believe that the person Jesus existed must be basing their belief on poor information, or on emotion.

If what Jesus said is true, He IS God. So He did save the human race by Himself. Perhaps it was a requirement that a sacrifice of this order had to be made, as in paying a debt?

These statements sound like the doctrine of a particular type of religion. Or an opinion.
    Please explain what it means that:
    - Humans do not need to be saved from sin
    - Humans don't need salvation
    - Humans are not the condemned race Jews and Christians say they are
    - Humans are given "the seal of approval" by their Creator.
    - Who is this "Spirit within us"
    - Why does this spirit want to be carried across the earth through humans
    - What is God's purpose for our lives
    - What is the purpose 'we' are meant for on Earth

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: true wisdom

Welcome to sciforums! I believe I have given the explanations within my statement. If you need further clarification, please look up my previous posts where I have explained my beliefs in depth.

16. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Re: Check it out ...

Praise the Lard!

17. Bridge Registered Senior Member

The sermons are profound

I just read the one on Gen X and Kurt Cobain. Whoa. Truth

www.datejesus.com/sermons/cobain/

The satirical part is well done. This guy may be spoofing Jesus but he is very articulate and intelligent in his observations and commentary on life. Glad I happened to stumble upon it and browse it over without pre-judging it.

18. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

for eternity

which comes 1st- charity or truth?
    the teachings of the lord jesus

19. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

the essense of the gospel is this: jesus is eternal- if we accept the teachings of lord jesus, then we too become eternal spirits.
    it is thru this gift of eternal life that god's grace is seen and given- and without condemnation, becoz' there is no condemnation in christ.
    faith is what satan will attempt to hide from us- salvation in the name of jesus

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Essence-smessence

21. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

medicine* woman

i repeat the teaching for our benevolence- which comes 1st- truth or charity?
    nothing u have is scientifically proven, either! can my soul be trusted to your salvation?
    and yes, god's grace covers all mankind
    u are lost, woman.

22. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

ohh, and man/earth is a flea in the spiritual realm

23. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

nice stuff, too, God_Is- easy to flow with your lines of thought