John 1.1 taken from Vedas

Discussion in 'Religion' started by rcscwc, Dec 21, 2014.

1. rcscwc Registered Senior Member

John 1.1 taken from Vedas

I have found this querry on the internet long ago : Which Hindu scripture says:

In the beginning was Brahmma, and His word was second.

The answer to question was not easy, as there are thousands of Hindu books, almost none in searchable formats. Then there are various transliteration formats. Moreover, translations suffer from the translator's own ideas and are not verbatim, as it is genre. I was never satisfied with whatever was found on the net regarding the issue. I wanted the very original source. I had found it about an year ago, but wanted to cross check.

This sentence is very much present in many books. One of them is Pamchavimsh Brahmana, written in archaic, pre Panini Sanskrit. Its antiquity is not doubted by scholars of Sanskrit, not even of those who are dishonest about time lines. This book is a supplementary appendage to Yajur Veda, again in archaic Sanskrit.

In the Tandya [aka Panchvimsh] Brahmana 20.14.2, it reads:

“Prajāpatir vā idam eka āsīt. Tasya vāg eva svam āsīt. Vāg dvitīyā.” (In the Beginning was Prajapati alone. The Word was his true Self. The Word was the second.)

In the Shatapatha Brahmana 2.1.4.10, 14.4.1.23, 14.6.10.5, and the Aitareya Brahmana 6.3 (among others), it reads:

"Vāg vai brahmā." (The Word was God.)

Now it should be clear to Layd and others that John 1.1 is inspired [or copied] from this verse.

John 1.1, KJV reads:
    1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1.2 too says like in Panchvimsh Brahmana and others.
    The same was in the beginning with God.

It has been clarified that the Word was Aum, really a sound.

My question: What was the Word with God?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Great Old One Registered Member

God is just screwing around here.

Anything 'with God' is annihilated.

There's no place for language in infinite.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.