Joke corner

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by gamelord, Jun 11, 2018.

1. gamelord Registered Senior Member

Friend told me I should make the world a happier place and put smiles on people's faces. So I post this thread called Joke Corner to spread happiness and health to all beings. No lame jokes allowed, and mostly post funny videos instead of jokes.

I put this in the health thread, because you can't be healthy if you aren't happy. And laughter is viewed as medicine.

Okay so I found a video that was funny but it has adultish humor and innappropriate jokes and some cuss words in it. I want to ask the mods if I am allowed to post the video. The video is allowed on Youtube so its not that innappropriate. Because I spent an hour on youtube and could not find any funny videos. All of the clean videos that had no adultish humor were not funny. So I am wondering if I am allowed to post some videos with adultish humor.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

This is liveleaks scariest video.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

aka sexual inuendo ?
    behavioural models of sexual intercoarse behaviour cultures ?

or violence ?

or people having accidents and hurting themselves or other people ?

humour is a funny thing

carefully constructed humour takes quite a bit of skill & very few can create content that does not subjectively define sexual intercoarse or racial stereo types.

The process of overt critique of humour style & content is unlikely to be humourous unles one is able to step into a sadistic mind set.
    This is the ID eating the Ego as it attempts to view its own subjectivity in realitive terms.

thus escapism is a critical requirement of human expereince.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

queue subjective judgement of escapism by cultural dogma morality.
    the snake eats its tail ...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gamelord Registered Senior Member

Not sure I understand.

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

when you seperate out 1 word and focus on it, the meaning is lost.
    read the 2 sentences together.
    the second sentence relates directly to the 1st.

often when people read words they are not familiar with they focus overtly on that word and lose the meaning of the content.
    if you are unsure what a specific word means, then google it and read a little on wiki. then if it still doesnt make sense then ask a specific question noting what specific part you lose the meaning in.
    that should make it vastly more understandable

9. gamelord Registered Senior Member

The second sentence is intensely vague and metaphorical. I know what all the words mean.

There are three main issues why your text is hard to understand.
    1. Sentence A points to an unlikely scenario which has no real life comparison. Critiques of humor are both rare, and rarely are meant to be humorous. Thusly it doesn't make sense why you are providing a method to make humor critques humourous, the intent of humour critiques is to be serious.
    2. "The id eating the ego" This is metaphorical. ID and EGO are abstract concepts but loosely definable. "Eating the ego" is increasingly abstract and exceeds the bounds of reality.
    3. "attemps to view its own subjectivity in relative terms" Relative to what? "Attempts to view its own subjectivity" Isn't that a bit redundant, since viewing anything, is inherently subjective anyway?

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

ok thanks that tell sme what i need to know