Kangaroo Culling

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Orleander, May 18, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Why are people always blaming coyotes and mt lions? We lost more kittens, ducks and chickens to owls than anything else

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

This is just one reason why people think that environmentalism really sucks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Killing predators in some places (like aerial wolf shoots in Alaska) is to protect big game animals like moose and bou. They're worth a lot commercially, and for many subsistence communities in the bush who can't afford to fly in food otherwise.

And yes, we've learned lots from the 1800s. Fish & Game biologists do a lot of environmental modeling to find out how much you can take from wild populations. It's a science. Hunting and fishing is very tightly regulated in the US.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:bravo:
    I don't understand why some people think hunters just go out and massacre the wildlife. Saw Bambi one too many times perhaps.
    Hunters want to protect the environment and do more than PETA ever even thought about.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I can't wait until they start killing people for causing environmental damage.
    Besides, we all know who is really responsible..

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

:roflmao:

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They already talk about wanting to.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Who are ?

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

Would you please note that according to the Oxford English Dictionary, revised edition 2007, " init is spelled with two ns.

So, init is spelled innit, innit ?

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  13. Myles Registered Senior Member

I have taken up cat drowning as a hobby. We have 10 million in the UK and they kill countless birds. I am considering exterminating cat owners as another way to solve the problem.

14. Myles Registered Senior Member

Most people don't give a hoot

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Seriously ? Do you know for a fact that owls snatch kittens, ducks and chickens ?

/intrigued

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

My question would be: why do people choose to blame the wildlife for it, in stead of looking at themselves ?

17. Roman Banned Banned

If a woman wears a short skirt and gets raped, whose fault is it?

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Its not illegal to kill feral cats here. I say got for it. The birds are the natural species where the cats aren't.

19. Roman Banned Banned

Why stop at ferals? If it's in ur garden, shittin in ur flowers....

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Owls eat rabbits and other birds. Our cats and fowl were no different. Hawks got them as well.

Our dogs had a hissy fit whenever coyotes came close, owls/hawks were there and gone with our dogs being none the wiser. Its quite startling to see.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

That reminds me. You poop in my daisies one more time Roman....I won't be responsible!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL what kind of analogy is that ?

Let me see..

The woman with the short skirt is the threatened wild life such as the lizards etc they talked about in the article.
    The rapist is.. well who exactly ? Man or kangaroo ?

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yes.
    Name a good reason why it should be allowed to kill cats that poop in your daisies, while it is considered 'evil' to kill roman when he poops in your daisies ?

Do you think it is because humans have a superiority complex or is it because most humans are dumb idiots that don't think twice before doing something ?