Katy Perry copied Dark Horse from christian rap song. horse shit

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by RainbowSingularity, Jul 30, 2019.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49161916
    im guessing that jury have about roughly ZERO knowledge of rap music
    what a mockery of a court room.
    what complete and utter bollocks
    i notice the start of Dark Horse reminds me of a small part of a Taylor Swift song
    i might try and find it tomorrow and post it, its about 2 sentences of mid range tempo melody , maybe 20 seconds or so of a type of melody

i listened to the Joyful Noise by Flame and it is a very generic copy of about 3 specific types of rap put together to a theme genre that ran for about 2 years as semi popular mainstream rap

if i can be bothered, i might find them on youtube and post them showing it could easily be argued they copied other rap songs to make their own

what they have is generic swearing dissing people rap main genre
    then they copy about 3 other rap songs and just edit in their temp and style
    making a rap song that has copied 3 other rap songs layering it on a generic rap style then adding swear words and bible words.

i dont know either katy or the swearing christian teen rappers
    the court should be asking people like Jay-Z & Ice-T to offer professional opinions

while its fresh in my mind...
    the Joyfulnoise have copied Snoop Dogs rap style also
    which is probably ok with him because he has made statements about his ideals around artists sharing and learning.
    i doubt he is cool with them trying to make false claims though.
    off the top of my head, i think there is 2 maybe 3 distinctive snoop dog songs that the joyfulnoise sound very very similar to.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I have close to zero knowledge of rap music but I've listened to enough music to know that this is a ridiculous court decision.

Many cases like this are ridiculous given the nature of music but at least many of the one's in the past had come logic to the decision.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Someone has recorded a rap-song called, "Horse-Shit?" News to me. I imagine it begins with horse-apples.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.