Kentucky Opera

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Hapsburg, May 24, 2006.

1. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Last summer, I helped co-write the libretto to an Opera, and I thought of the title: Nyiramachabelli. It was part of the ky. opera's visions program, which uses all high school student to write the libretto and music for an opera, and it's been running for three years now, soon to be four.
    It is an opera about Dian Fossey and her work with Gorillas and eventual death.
    I must say, it was very good, especially for a piece of musical theater. There's something about opera that is just different from a musical, and it makes it cooler.
    Anyway, this was the first and last performance of it, thus far, though we are hoping that it might get picked up by some other theaters, through some of the Kentucky Opera's connections.
    It was interesting, though...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

What, you're a writer? I thought you were an architect in New York who's a vampire that lives in Castle Dracula.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What style of music? A little bit of everything, or all rock or all traditional symphonic or something like that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I don't how to define it. Symphonic style, but it done with just one piano. The best parts were done by the Louisville Youth Choir; I mean, excellent singing from them.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Sounds like a good thing to be involved in, Hapsburg.

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Aye. I'm going to be in the one this summer. It's about, uh..Pee wee Reese, I think.
    The cool thing is, my grandfather actually knew Dian Fossey. Just, like, in passing, but knew her nonetheless.

10. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Hapsburg, you're from Kentucky? I live in Louisville. This is so odd. I was just reading about a play in the courier journal, and I believe that they mentioned opera.