Kerry is back in the lead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eddymrsci, May 16, 2004.

1. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

Yes I am Canadian, and technically American politics should be none of my business. But I just don't think Bush is doing a good job as a president right now, and I have little faith in him. I would oppose the idea of having him taking charge for another 4 years.

Apparantly the horrifying pictures of the Iraq prisoners greatly impacted Bush's support. And the latest poll suggests that Kerry has about 46% support, and Bush has only 43%.

More info found here:
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4971836/
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4986882/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

They certainly are your business when they cause and effect in your corner of the world

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think George pissing off nearly every nation in the Middle East as well as a large portion of Europe, Asia and the Americas is definitely everyone's business. Angry countries do stupid things, and stupid things usually have an effect everywhere

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

haha... neat

yeah I guess you are right, it does affect Canada in some way, I mean, Canada is very dependent on the American economy, and the two nations have a very close relation. so yeah it's my business too.

I heard from some news that Muslims do not take their clothes off on any occasion even when in front of their families. So yeah they think that the effect of these pictures is going to stay in the minds of the people in Middle East for as long as 3 decades. So yeah, Bush is pretty much screwed. I mean, how could he try to settle the Middle East, when the people there think that he is an absolute jerk, and that america is not trying to make things better there.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. I don’t like Kerry but I am not as afraid of his presidency as I am of bushes coup d'état.
    With American tourist pretending to be from Canada I believe that our president’s actions do affect you. Be careful though if you decide to attack America to free us from dictator bush the world will jump all over you because we all know that you would only be in it for the oil.

8. Jack_Quack GO FLAMES GO Registered Senior Member

Bush is the worst president ever. He is dumb and he likes war.

9. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

Oil and a strategic military hardpoint to carry out a war against Christians

10. ddovala Pi is exactly 3 Registered Senior Member

Goddamn i hate Bush. And i hate how the rest of the world judges America based on that one bozo in the whitehouse. We didnt even elect him for crying out loud!

11. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

Slightly less than half the country voted for him though. So I think the rest of the world needs to just hate half of the US. As to whether its just half of each person's body or half the populace...meh

Also, the people in government haven't called for an impeachment of the guy, and he's done worse than Clinton did to get impeachment (lying about getting it on and lying to start a war are quite different, and I think the second one is FAR, FAR more of an impeachable offense than the first...)...

The rest of the world sees the populace as just bending over to George's "Bubba" Government. We are a "representative" democracy, so our representatives represent the people, and the representatives don't seem to be doing much against Bush other than letting "Bubba" have his way with them...and this filters down to the populace.

It doesn't help matters that we've elected more people of Bush's party since he took office either. If I recall correctly, the Democrats have been losing seats in Congress and the Senate.

Also, there are plenty of US people who agree with the war and believe in Bush's policies...its easier to generalize and lump people together than it is to think. Just because someone isn't from the US doesn't mean they're not stupid, intolerant, and an asshat. Those kind of people exist in large quantities everywhere :/

12. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

the 2000 election dispute was a mess, but Bush won at last, hey did you know that Al Gore is a big fan of science and technology?
    I don't understand why so many people are voting for Bush

13. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

because gore has the personality and presence of a piece of wax fruit. That shouldn't really matter nearly as much as qualifications but of course it does. It's the same in every country.

There's all kind of debate over the 2000 election but it should never have been that close, clinton (even with his controversy) practically handed him the presidency on a golden platter. It should never have gotten that close, gore lost it all by himself.