KETO! KETO! KETO!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DaveC426913, Jun 30, 2019.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It might be cost-effective to make the term 'keto' a banned topic of conversation on SciFo, and then make a script that finds any mention of the word and simply delete the thread.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yazata, RainbowSingularity and wegs like this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So I can't say anything about my cat Keto?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

lol

Ah ha! You are the spammer who keeps posting those annoying Keto threads, Dave!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. candy Valued Senior Member

Read that Oprah is ditching Weight Watchers for a keto supplement.

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you think their threads are annoying, imagine what they do once they get your credit card number

Semi-Keto Diets are a way of the future
    western society is leveraged into carbon pollution mono crop low quality carbohydrate saturated diets.

red meat Vs mono crop grains is a false battle servicing the same pollution

Keto leaves out the battle against carbon & methane heavy meat production issues while tackling the pollution of low quality carbohydrates.

look at the price of cereals
    look at the price of health care
    look at the price of food

Ketosis is a solid proven way to adapt to a better diet while reducing calories and poor quality dietary saturation of grain carbohydrates.

quoted from a random site with basic facts
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ketogenic-diet-101

all the mono crop cereal companys spray their seeds with pesticides which kills off all the honey bees and native insects.

i like Oprah
    many envy her wealth and thrash that out by projecting her need to give all her money and fame away to service their greed and envy.
    thats fairly normal western americanised culture role modelling of capitalist greed psyches.

i like to ponder how many hundreds of thousands of lives Oprah has positively impacted through her TV series.
    all the domestic homicides she has helped avoid by empowering therapy.
    all the child abuse she has helped prevent by empowering self development and therapy.

if she was white she would probably have been deemed a saint by now and voted usa president in absentia

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Well she could certainly do with losing about 20kg.

10. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Oh, is she on top of the cycle again? That's her 20 kg yo-yo.

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Oprah has never really learned it seems, that there is no magical mysterious diet that is going to help her. It's called ...eat less and move more. Pretty simple. Eat a healthy balanced diet, and burn more calories than you take in.

And do this forever. Stop looking for diets, and commit to changing your lifestyle, Oprahhhh!

I wonder if she lurks here.

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

??? Large person shaming coming up ???

Can she lurk anywhere,?

candy likes this.
  13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

No ''shaming.'' People have struggles in life, and this is hers. But, it's astonishing that she still continues to chase the next fad diet, in hopes that it will help her. From a purely physical view, fat loss comes from burning more calories than you take in, or eating less calories than you burn. If you eat three donuts per day, and burn the calories through some form of exercise, you can eat three donuts per day. But, the donuts will not provide much in the way of nutrition, so not a good choice. My guess is Oprah is an emotional eater. She keeps searching for a physical solution, to an emotional problem. Once she resolves her emotional eating problem, she will be able to eat less, and exercise more.

Most ''dieters'' don't last long on diets, because they don't get to the heart of why they are overeating/not exercising.

14. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Or do get to the heart and find that it's breaking; only chocolate syrup will keep it glued together.
    (For some, it's scotch. Chocolate syrup is cheaper.)

candy and RainbowSingularity like this.
  15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

That is what needs to be revealed, and then healing can begin. And the desire to escape through food, alcohol, etc will subside. One might always struggle, but at least the root cause will be dealt with. A new diet isn't going to ever be a sustainable solution for an emotional eater.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    RainbowSingularity likes this.
  16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Cynical me thinks it might also be she gets well paid to showcase and promote to her audience who will make the diet makers rich

I have been at about 79kgs for 40+ years going up to 84kgs working 4 weeks on oil rig pigging out on cream buns back down when home 4 weeks

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

not if your diabetic
    then chocolate syrup is fatal lol

Oprahs' professional life has been about finding the next thing.
    Relationship advice
    Personal Development
    Domestic Abuse awareness
    etc etc...
    womens health has been a big one for her also more soo coming out of the dark ages where women had no representation in reproductive health care

Food addictions are equally as strong as heroin and alcohol addictions
    you dont ever become "not an addict" you learn to live in remission.

if you think addicts just get cured, then you have been watching too much prey the gay away Tv.

18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

many people derive core drivers from such emotional unbalance
    the problem with dealing with those unbalances is they can easily become suicidal or homicidal or both.
    meanwhile some people can never get over it and have to learn different skills to deal with it.
    that is equally complex.

there is no such thing as lifestyle choice when it comes to such things.
    Religion is a life style choice unless you have been indoctrinated as a child
    then you are a victim of child brainwashing.

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It is also quite possible she has a genetic predisposition to an endomorphic body plan.
    It is also quite possible that she has one of several diseases (or treatments) that cause weight gain.

The "shaming" part of fat shaming comes from making guesses about what someone struggles with when you don't have a clue about their personal life, and then assuming it's a failing of their willpower , or a proclivity for donuts, or some psychological foible that, if they just figure out, they would be all better.

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Spare me your holier than thou routine, Dave. I’m not fat shaming anyone. What I’m saying is diet jumping won’t help people who use food to mask their pain. Oprah was molested as a child by her uncle I believe and this has plagued her life. I remember reading her story a few years ago but too many people are afraid to help her so they take advantage of her wealth and keep trying to tell her that this diet or that, will help her. It’s not helping her nor does lying to people to make them feel comfortable in their misfortune.

You wouldn’t watch a loved one stay addicted to heroin, would you? Food addiction is no different, really.

In terms of just strictly dieting, what irks me about celebs who keep testing and espousing every diet out there, is they also hurt those who are watching them - their fans. Staying fit takes some effort - there is no quick fix no matter what any ad tells you “I lost forty pounds in thirty days.” Right.

So, sure Oprah and others could have a genetic issue but you still need to work with the cards you’re dealt lest you will have many health issues. I remember hearing this and it stuck with me from a doctor in an interview “Genetics sets the stage, but our habits determine the ending.”

21. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

sadly many do
    it is also masked inside the ideology that suicide cant be prevented as a political religious ideology.
    the centrist right promote this ideology and the religious right buy it to trade out their moral Guilt & hypocrisies.

that is why instead of seeking to build treatment centres, the usa government is attempting to line its own pockets from the pharmco that sells opioids.

its a shocking act of domestic abuse via the courts in public that is effectively victim shaming via proxy.
    all to service the privatization of health care and create more victims instead of building a system to helps victims.

err-go everyone wants to carry a gun and shoot it when ever they like but no one wants to pay for the cost of the life insurance pay outs or the medical costs.

it is a very manipulative dishonest ideology

scam/con artists trying to make their money before they pretend to not be a sociopath and suddenly force others to live up to some moral code they never had.
    quite repulsive

this is current cutting edge science
    learning how the different types of bacteria and enzymes and metabolic functions, hormones and other stuff interact to service pre existing genetic conditions.
    the potential profit is mind boggling which is probably why it is kept in the dark soo much.

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I agree with the stuff about dieting.

But you did say you "guessed" what her struggle was, and I took you at your word.

If you had said you knew, I would not have posted at all. But your mentions of donuts and stuff did read like your own supposition.

Maybe that was my bad. Can't be sure.

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Oh, I meant the donuts comment, not in reference to Oprah or any one in particular. I was stating that losing fat, on average, is mainly about burning more calories than one takes in, or consuming less calories than we are burning. So, one could eat three donuts despite the high calorie content, if he/she ended up in a calorie deficit at the end of the day/week. Fat loss really boils down to maintaining a calorie deficit, and the best way to get there is to eat a healthy, balanced diet of proteins, good fats and some carbs. (But, there are other factors of course, that go into why people are overweight and struggle with food addiction. And those should be dealt with as part of a fitness plan, lest there won't be lasting progress, in terms of diet and exercise.)