keyboard shortcuts

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by sculptor, Oct 1, 2017.

1. sculptor Valued Senior Member

fyi
    32 keyboard shortcuts

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

In general? Windows? Mac? Linux?

One of my favorite "parent" moments in my daughter's education was some years ago when somehow the subject came up with the teacher who was teaching kids how to prepare presentations on a computer; I said something about missing my Mac but Unicode worked well enough once I knew enough of my character designations. We had this awkward few moments while he tried to execute a Windows alt-code, because though he had taught children to use computers throughout his decade-long career, he had never heard of Unicode↱, because he used Windows, and like most Windows users, relied on autocorrect with two hyphens to create a special character, or else pilfered the character map. Then again, I'm uncertain how many users, having copied and pasted a block of text containing a special character, will sit in frustration trying to figure out how to type that character, or find it on the map, instead of just copying the thing out of the block. I've given that advice, before.

Meanwhile, Wikipedia offers a pretty good comparative "Table of keyboard shortcuts"↱.

(I should admit I had heard the term "Unicode", but didn't actually learn what it was until I needed it for lack of a Mac keyboard.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

win and osx