Kill Bill

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by SoLiDUS, Oct 13, 2003.

1. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

The message icon says it all. I liked the punch ending...

Anyone else see this movie ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Quite simply the greatest thing put to film in a very, very long time. I've never been so entertained. Ninety minutes of movie; not one second of it did my face not sport a very wide and ecstatic smile. I'll write more on it later, but for now let's just say:

Thank you very, very much Mr. Tarantino.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

IMO: Better then Reservoir and Jackie, almost on par with Pulp. Simply an awesome show. His wierdness, humor and vulgarity all mix to make this one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. I don't think I want to go into detail about any particular part in the movie for fear of killing the effect it will have on the people that have yet to see it. The only thing I can complain about is the fact that I have to wait 4 months for the next one. DAMNIT!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Interesting movie. I never knew he had yellow fever until now.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Besides the fact that we pay twice for the same movie (volume two my ass) it was a rather entertaining movie. The anime sequence detailing Orishii's past was quite nice. The fight scenes don't hold a candle to some other kung-fu flicks but they are excellent nonetheless.

Uma Thruman, as always, was smokin hot.

9. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Uma Thurman has some huge fugly toes!!! And I personally don't think she's that great but that's just me.

I command my toes to wiggle. Wiggle dammit!

10. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

uma has grrrreat feet....wtf you talking about.
    Tarantino is a man after my own heart, clearly he has a foot thing:

1) pulp fiction
    2)from dawn till dusk.....the salma hayek scene.....aye currumba!!!

11. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Good point, I didn't realize he was so into feet. I always wondered what relevance that foot massaging dialogue was all about in Pulp Fiction. Now I know that Mr.T has a foot fetish. Wiggle wiggle.

12. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Ethan Hawke is a stupid man.

14. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

yeo yep yep yep yep, that movie was awesome. Amazing imagery and the anime scene was stunning. Also the music was incredible. My favorite part was how

SPOILER:!

The camera made it seem as if Lucy's head was off but really it was just the top of the head. Academy awards for cinematography and music.

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The camers never maid it seem like her head was cut off......you only see her hair flying in the air making it very apparent what actually happened....or atleast for me it did.

16. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Hey, fuck you. That was the intention. This is why the camera shows her head speaking and then zooms to show us the full picture of her exposed brains. After seeing tons of decapitated heads, you are supposed to assume that a piece of flying hair with skin indicates a head! Fuck you.

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

What are you blind? How is flying hair present the notion of a flying full sized head. You see her hair flying and then she speaks of the sword and you see her exposed brain. I didn't think for a second, or anyone will clear vision, that it was her whole head cutoff.

The camera was placed right below the skinned head.

18. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Errr, what version did you see fool? Who knows, maybe I was bind. In any case, I saw hair and skin flying.. the shot lasted for about 2 seconds. We next hear her say "That was a blab bal bla blade".. whilst the zoom out captures her full head and the exposed cranium. Like I said, the intention or the trickery was to indicate that she was decapitated-- especailly after she said the "caucasian" should at least die a samurai death, if she is using a samurai sword-- this is pun. Coupled with many many decapitated heads, this was the intention.

EDIT:
    The shot of the skiined head came after the fly, and right before the zoom out. Don't forget that the camera goes to Uma after we see the flkying skinned head, and then back.

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Dude, you saw something different. After seeing so many decapitated heads the director went for something shocking. I know the camera cuts back to Uma after the skinned head. The intention was never to trick the audience into believing that her head was cut off. The camera would have been placed on top then instead under the skinned head. There was no blood in the shot so we know her head wasn't cut off.

and also she says that it WAS the blade of the famed sword maker who trained Bill because she doubted such since he made an oath 28 years ago never to make weapons of mass decapitations again.

It was never intended to make her head seem cutoff.....

back me up people....

20. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

You saw "no" blood Sarge, because whenever a head was cut off in the movie, the part gushing blood was the torso. The torso was not shown. And no, the part about that "really was a whatever his name sowrd" is, is irrelevant. Samurai died by cutting their stomachs and then having a "second" decapitate them. When she says that Uma is a caucasian trying and failing miserably to be sumarai, and so should at least DIE like one, she implies decapitation. The irony is that she gets cut and then seemingly decapitated. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I think not. It is Quentin and he makes more than one reference to Bushido. Also, she plays on Lucy's character's background and her inferiority complex more than once.

21. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

I can't honestly believe that someone would think that the camera shot was meant to display her whole head being cut off. It is obvious that the rear-top part of her head was removed from her skull and not her whole head.

Blindness must be the ultimate cause of this commotion.

Score one for sarg!

22. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

I must be blind then.

23. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Dude, you're completely blind. I just saw the movie for the second time and not once did I think that it was her head cut off.