Killing whales :(

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by cotton, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

who the fuck cares how it effects human life. Im SOOO sick of "humantity" what gives us the right to chose which species lives and which dies?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Might, power, the ability, the desire, the greed, ....all of it gives us the "right". In the same way the lion decides to kill the gazelle ...or are you suggesting that someone gave the lions that right??? Hmmm?

As to you being sick, I'm sooooo sorry.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Happy to inform you guys that South Korea has agreed not to create a whale meat factory.

Link: http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/south-korea-scraps-whale-factory

Well it's not really the same because the lions and gazelles live in an ecosystem where neither will become extinct because of over-hunting. Commercial whaling would very much have the potential to wipe out the entire whale population.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So what? What happens when all the fuckin' whales are gone? No one has been able to tell me why they're so fuckin' important! Is it just because saying otherwise makes people uncomfortable?

When we killed off the dodo bird, did the world somehow change? Was it immediately a horrible place to live? See? Nothin' happened ...nothin' at all.

Baron Max

8. jlocke Registered Senior Member

So what is your suggestion? We use up every animal in turn until they are all dead and then what, start on each other (by race)? Honestly. How can you honestly think it's ok to eradicate another species?!

JLocke

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, just use what we want, eat what we want, shoot what we want ....and if one species can't take the heat, fuck 'em.

Baron Max

10. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Where do you come off having that attitude? If everyone had that attitude the human race would not exist right now...

11. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

He's just a reactionary, spiteful, malicious, small-minded, amoral troglodyte who care sbout nothing but his own life - and would, doubtless, howl and defecate uncontrollably if someone pointed a harpoon anywhere near him.

He's like a hard-core FHM reading uber-lad, who thinks nothing matters beyond sex, beer, and sport.

12. Yazdajerd Behold... The Bringer of Light Registered Senior Member

The Japanese and Koreans ought to know that if they like hunting whales, isn't it bad to deprive the coming generations of it?????????

I can hardly see how their continuation of the mass hunting would allow the coming generations to even know what a whale is!!

13. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Whale hunting/farming is wrong because of the cruel and heartless method of slaughter. Improve your practices (whale hunters) and ill vote for the government that allows whaling.

I have been to a slaughter house when I was 13 and watched cattle come in on one side and moved out the other, as sides of beef into the freezer. I have watch a 200year old tree 70meter tall brought to the ground in and almighty thump by just one man with a big very big chainsaw. I saw the many living things scurry from the falling tree and heard the distressed calls of baby birds as the tractor wheeled machine approached and tore their home and life apart with unfeeling mechanical indifference. I prefer the slaughter house, at least here we make an effort to be human.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And the world would be a better place, wouldn't it? And isn't that what ye're arguing? ...that man should be more like all of the other animals of the Earth?

Baron Max

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And just how many whales do you think the average human sees in his entire lifetime?

I ask again: What the fuck good is a whale? Please tell me!

Baron Max

16. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Well no, because then I would have said, "and the world would be a better place". But I didn't, I said "If everyone had that attitude the human race would not exist right now..." which would imply that I WANT the human race to exist (it's this silly thing about me being a part of it). I'm just trying to get you to stop and think that maybe, just maybe, you should start looking outside of what directly effects you at this very moment and look at the bigger picture, in terms of the entire earth and every living creature on it.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I've done that ...for over 60 years ....and I don't like one damned thing about what I see in that "bigger picture". I do, however, see a great, wonderful place WITHOUT HUMANS IN IT.

Baron Max

18. jlocke Registered Senior Member

If, in your ideal world, there are no humans, and no animals, then just what is there?

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Who said anything about "no animals"? I just said no fuckin' humans! Please learn to read and not jump to conclusions so rapidly.

Baron Max

20. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Max we've had many arguments over environmental issues over the past couple days and in those other threads you seems to not care if our animal life lived or died. I was simply responding to your attitude as a whole. Back to the topic, so you say you think the world would be a better place without humans, but that we should kill whatever animals we want and if they die, too bad...So what would be your solution? You think we should just commercially harvest whales till they die and move on to the next animal?

JLocke

21. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member

heres an idea that just might work... lets alll grab our reefers, form a hippie fest, and smoke and enjoy music and burn the american flag cuz we hate bush.. then that might, JUST MIGHT, stop them from killing whales!

22. jlocke Registered Senior Member

Sounds like a plan to me...

:m: JLocke

23. Mr.Jack4WAR Hating the Hated Registered Senior Member