Know any good smart phone Apps

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by KilljoyKlown, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

If you know of a useful smart phone App, please post it. The following App looks very useful as I can remember my days in several California cities and Texas is not much better.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

I don't use a cell phone any longer but would like to see apps made that could help everyone out with medical information about themselves. I know already there are plenty of apps that can tell you how to treat things, help with injuries and do all sorts of informational stuff. I would like to see them develop is a way to actually get a sample of our own blood or saliva and be able to see what might be wrong with us by putting the samples through a analyzer that the app has.

Imagine an app that tells you your cholesterol levels or if you have some type of bacteria or germ in you. At least you would know what was wrong with you then you could go to the pharmacy and get medications to take to help yourself instead of going to the doctor sometimes. Depending on what the analysis shows you to have would require you at times to go to the doctor for more tests or a pill to take that needs a prescription.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

An interesting way to do my app I stated would be to use the camera that the cell phone has in it but make it so that it magnifies the samples that you'd put on the screen. Or the app could be sent with a small plug in microscope to use to read the specimen that you have then send that for analysis.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Pretty much anything by google: Google Goggles and Google Sky are two of my favorites.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

I haven't really used Goggles much yet, last holiday was a log cabin in the woods, so not much for it to recognise. Sky is pretty cool, only last night I was laying in bed, virtually looking through the roof. The location based/augmented reality stuff really is quite cool, Layar and Wikitude type apps for finding stuff really are the shizzle.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

The St. John ambulance apps are brilliant. One teaches how to do CPR, finds the closet defib, and shows how to use it
    Another is a quick reference guide for first aid guidelines and the last allows you to make medical profiles for yourself and you can make them for your family so you have all there Infomation if you need them

And the profits go to support the ops branch who provide Vollies first aid service to community

10. Neverfly Banned Banned

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  11. phlogistician Banned Banned

I have a few of those Apps on my phone, Red Cross one, anatomy, triage, I'm just downloading the St John's one as I type (thanks). I recently bought a first aid manual to catch up with all this stuff. Was a first aider in one job, let it slip, but am picking it all up again now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.